So 2 weeks in: Whats your new Official server like?

JetJaguar

Overcrowded? Pillared? Good spots all taken? Lots of new to Ark players joining? Friendly environment? Good spawns or low dino spawns?

I play on NA-PVE-48-Island. One of the top 20 servers currently I guess. Almost 70 on during the day but the server is dominated by two Chinese tribes already: Wyverns already over on the Island, multiple gigas, Herb Island completed surrounded, etc. Apart from that, there are tons and tons of new to Ark players mixed with a few tribes that played on Legacy. Its a mix. Dino spawns fluctuate; depends what you're looking for or when you're online. No rubberbanding/much lag on my end at least..

Whats everyone else's experience?

EDIT 9/12/2017 - Since posting the server has started experiencing lag/rubber banding issues.  We also are now one of the top 5 official servers simply due to an ever increasing amount of new players. For some reason, they keep picking 48 and then asking why theres nowhere to build or pillars all over heh.

Really happy with our server,  everyone helping each other, high pop is about 22/70. Its one of the newer servers and theres plenty if space. We got a great spot and ping sits at around 70 even tho im OC and play on an NA server. Havnt seen or heard any trolling so far.

Id give my legacy server 8/10 for comuinity and 5/10 for performance.

New official 7/10 for commuinity and 8.5/10 for performance.

XBOX ONE.

New server is very crowded with pillars everywhere. Always 70 players on, takes 2-3 hours to get in. I am from EU but play on an official NA Ragnarok server, got around 209 ping and slightly rubber banding and lag. Community is one of the friendliest I have ever seen. Good mix of new and old players, all help each other. I will most likely switch sever though as the queues are to long.

Have visited several and all of them have been toxic so far with alphas wiping with impunity to essentially shut out every player from the server besides them self.

On a good one now where apparently the alpha tribe is far more fair/friendly and only wipes if you question their authority/you become a real threat. Once in a blue moon they wipe a target at random just to remind the players who's the alpha. Other than that they are cool.

But that's what I've heard, recently joined the server so we will see.

I play on NA PVE Ragnarok 71. Seems like it is constantly full. Can take up to an hour for me to log on, others it takes them hours. One tribe most of the people there dislike or just hate them. They have foundation spammed/pillared vast parts of the map, and have even tried to sell land to people. My tribe included.

other than that lots of nice people, who help others when asked. I have seen at least one person on a lightning wyvern. No gigas yet though.

We have moved to a new official servers when sadly the legacy servers became a grave Yard over night. I'm not really enjoying it. Few tribes are helpfully but there is lots of abuse and arguing going on in the chat most days and one tribe has foundationed most of the map so hardly any dino are spawning and for some reason they want to restrict what anyone can build so if you pick a nice empty spot and put up a small base with room to expand your log back on the next day to find they have foundationed all around so you literally can't build anything more. I've moved 3 times now because of them and to be honest it's just getting annoying and boring rebuilding and moving tames by land (no quetz yet) lag seems to be getting worse by the day and even getting onto the server is taking 30 - 60 mins each night. I've found it all really depressing and miss my Friends from my old server who were all generous and helpful and happy to share stuff between us but we sadly have not managed to get onto the same servers this time around and with the stupid new upload rules won't be trading and sharing like before. To be honest ARK is pretty much ruined for me now and I can't imagine wanting to play much longer. 

3 hours ago, Jamagh said:

I play on NA PVE Ragnarok 71. Seems like it is constantly full. Can take up to an hour for me to log on, others it takes them hours. One tribe most of the people there dislike or just hate them. They have foundation spammed/pillared vast parts of the map, and have even tried to sell land to people. My tribe included.

other than that lots of nice people, who help others when asked. I have seen at least one person on a lightning wyvern. No gigas yet though.

Hey Jamagh

Wasn't aware of that one tribe you're talking about but guessing it's one of the bigger ones.

We have a few griefers though. People stealing/trying to steal a tame then if they can't they kill/try to kill it. Thankfully it is somewhat rare.

Other than that the community seems pretty helfpul/friendly on 71. Hopefully with addition of more servers the overcrowded issue will dampen down.

12 hours ago, JetJaguar said:

Whats everyone else's experience?

Hey JetJaguar, u probably know me from my other acc, Barradismo, but i lost it so this is the new one ><

My experience? I almost have none, how can I have it if I cant even join the servers?

Devs added more servers, but 1 or 2 of each? Its a joke right??

5 hours ago, edskelly said:

I didnt go to a new one.

I believed wc when they said the legacy saves would be available in a couple of days weeks ago and rented an unofficial server to put them on.

Waste of time and money that was.

Yea, another aspect of "the great migration" that they lied about/won't deliver as promised.

Pve servers i played is often laggy.  Almost unplayable.  To call this a full release of the game is a joke.  

Also the amount of land per tribe should be restricted.  At least whole 2 pve servers is half occupied of a couple tribes pillars.  If they dont any other players building and play on their server why even play multiplayer? 

PVE Island Map - Overcrowded mostly 70/70 especially on weekends.

Some tribe mates can't log in most of the time. Its pretty bad that global is always asking people to log off so their friends can join...

Rubber banding and lagg spikes were starting this past weekend. Ping was 100-150.

Most good spots are claimed already.

Server is ok, not great but playable at least for now...

Lagg will get worse as the server tames and builds go up.

Im in a new PVE center map and its not to bad.  Still a little land left but some of the tribes are starting to pillar random spot now with no intent on building or using it.  spawns are still good as of now.  I can say this seems my whole server is legacy players I havent ran into anyone new players at all.  But with that being said all the legacy people seem very helpful and good trades happen all the time for the beginner stuff and as of the last weekend some of the bigger tribes have began just giving away starter kibbles.

I started on a Center server on launch day and then transfered to an Island server (PvP) about 5 days after launch. Center was interesting, a lot of naked clubbing on the beach, so many people everywhere I couldn't leave meat in fire unattended without it getting stolen, screams of horror every night as new players got wrecked by troodons - overall a wild good time, but not knowing the map that well I had a tough time getting built up enough somewhere secluded.

The Island server I transferred to is more mellow. A Chinese alpha holds a few of the best spots, but they pretty much leave you alone unless you build too close (which admittedly is probably 25% of the map). It's also interesting that people have been consistently and openly hostile toward the alpha in global chat and haven't been wiped to nothing - it's not the ironfisted hold I'm used to from legacy. We've got some griefers and consistent raiders but most the people having issues are those building in high traffic or obvious areas. I've also seen more comradre and civility than I've seen on an official server in a long time, with people building resources, small tribes building close to each other for mutual defense, etc.

Best/craziest part, I haven't been raided once since I jumped to the island and my starter has been easily visible for days. Building small and hidden is something I'm pretty decent at, but with my small starter base (2x2) exposed, it really only seems like people building very poorly are the ones getting hit: 6x6 stone box right on the beach.

Overall, it's an interesting new world. Small scale PvP got a bit more intense because it seems like there are more naked dudes waiting right outside your door to club you and take your stuff. However, total wipes seem a lot less common, with most raided bases I see with a wall or 3 blown out with most storage still intact. This might just be that no one has a big enough stockpile of explosives yet to spend them totally demoing a base. :D

Pvp is not for the weak, and sadly even harder as a solo player I'd admit. I decided to give a go at a small tribe and break off from the mega tribe I was a custom to. Our survival skill is probably a little higher than most, the trick is really luck, keep leveling up and survive long enough to get yourself a metal base and some flyers. Once u get somewhat established things get easier... but the center server were on is pretty aggressive. Good luck survivors

Posted from my [device_name] using http://ARK: Survival Evolved Community App

Archived