Cross-Ark Setup Different Networks

Rumblebeecuda

I'm Looking for information that would help my brother and I to set up our cluster. He runs Ragnarok and soon Abberation on his server at home, I will be running TheIsland and Possibly Scorched Earth soon at my place but we want the whole cluster together. We live 50-60 miles from eachother so sharing the same network obviously isn't going to help. We were thinking of possibly using MIcrosoft OneDrive for the shared folder between the servers, but not sure if that will work. They already have the same Cluster-ID. We are both using ASM and servers have basically same stats. 

Thank you for any help with the situation

6 hours ago, Rumblebeecuda said:

I'm Looking for information that would help my brother and I to set up our cluster. He runs Ragnarok and soon Abberation on his server at home, I will be running TheIsland and Possibly Scorched Earth soon at my place but we want the whole cluster together. We live 50-60 miles from eachother so sharing the same network obviously isn't going to help. We were thinking of possibly using MIcrosoft OneDrive for the shared folder between the servers, but not sure if that will work. They already have the same Cluster-ID. We are both using ASM and servers have basically same stats. 

Thank you for any help with the situation

Well there are various options. But they demand some knowledge.
Basically you need something which can be mounted/added as networkdrive.

Options:

- Use VPN and a normal networkshare
- Setup a FTP-Server or  Webserver with WebDav and add the share to the other server
- On Linux there is something called sshfs, which can be used to mount a foreign directory. This just uses SSH for the share.
- etc.

Regarding OneDrive:
Well I guess you can try it as long as you have a folder on your local machine which gets synced very very frequent with OneDrive.
Imagine a Survivor which switches from one Server to another. One Server would upload the Survivor data to OneDrive and a few seconds later the second server needs to see it already on the other side. If you only sync the local directories every minute this will fail for sure.

It would be interesting to see how wildcard handles it.  I imagine they used S3 at one point based on the issues when there was an outage. S3 could work out pretty well, and versioning gives you backup of sorts.  If you go async route though it could get rough on updates, need something polling for changes pretty frequently. 

Archived