Thoughts On Scorched Earth after 1 year

DraaxLP

Scorched Earth was released September 1, 2016 and my honest opinions during my first playthrough were not that great. But lately I started a new playthrough and I'm honestly enjoying SE a ton more.

Not sure why my opinion changed, but I'm glad it did so far!

What are your thoughts after a year?0f3a8e743556abb8ea607d0a131546f9.jpg

Posted from my [device_name] using http://ARK: Survival Evolved Community App

IMHO Scorched Earth is still somewhat more thrilling compared to The Island; The caves are a ton of fun to do, especially if you try to solo them with high-end gear (not Tek, but stuff like longnecks, grenades, fabricated armaments etc.)
The bossfight I've not done yet, but I'll definitely be looking forward to that.

I currently have my primary base in SE single-player, with an "outpost" on a friend's Private Server that runs "The Center", and I just love the desert setting; working with the weather-conditions, wind-turbines and stuff.

The only thing that troubles me about SE is the disjointed Kibble line.

• 2 weeks later...

SE is a ton of fun and a real challenge.  I personally love the map.  My gripe is that on official PvP, it is impossible to keep your base safe.  The only place I know of that has reasonable access to water and 100% wind PLUS the ability to build species X is the blue obelisk.  If you build anywhere else lightning storms will shut your power off, you can't build crop plots and your gennies break.  Raiding a scorched base is ridiculously easy.  Auto on/off (opposed to just auto on) for gennies and allowing crop plots everywhere would really make the map more playable.  The available real estate on that map for viable building is incredibly lacking.

Scorch was nice because of rock golems and wyverns, but they have those on ragnarok. So now all I see is one or two bases on scorch servers and tons of people flying around on griffins pteradons and wyverns from other servers looking for red drops in the dunes. Even at 2am there are 3 people just doing drops on any of the scorch servers available. Scorch is now just a land of temporary trolls looking for suckers with loot. There need to be more official scorched servers open. On xbox we have just 9. Only nine official scorch servers. Blows my mind. 

I do feel it is more challenging on some points, with the storms and the weather shennanigans. the caves are wonderfully designed and very artistic

BUT ...the map feels small. horribly so. after playing a good 300 hours on it i had seen pretty much everything there was to see on it and done all there was to do on it. if only there was one or two more ''island of rock'' in that sea of sand then it would feel adequate.

that is kinda what i am fearing with aberration. small maps gets old fast

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:05 PM, DraaxLP said:

Scorched Earth was released September 1, 2016 and my honest opinions during my first playthrough were not that great. But lately I started a new playthrough and I'm honestly enjoying SE a ton more.

Not sure why my opinion changed, but I'm glad it did so far!

What are your thoughts after a year?

I still love Scorched, I don't mind the lack of color, I do love the green :P, but I do like the challenges of weather in that Ark.  I find that the lesser number of animals is okay as well compared to other Arks.

I love scorched earth but Ragnarok killed it. I hope they add the cutscene from the island to scorched earth since it makes it slightly more viable if they make a requirement to have ascended alpha on the island and then you continue to gain levels. Add previous dinos to make things interesting and add exclusive tek Items of the manticore.  These are a few ideas but I don't see a point in playing scorhed when Ragnarok is a better map with scorhed earth content.

5 hours ago, owehowfeh said:

I love scorched earth but Ragnarok killed it. I hope they add the cutscene from the island to scorched earth since it makes it slightly more viable if they make a requirement to have ascended alpha on the island and then you continue to gain levels. Add previous dinos to make things interesting and add exclusive tek Items of the manticore.  These are a few ideas but I don't see a point in playing scorhed when Ragnarok is a better map with scorhed earth content.

SAD BUT TRUE

Archived