Official SurviveTheArk Community App

Chris

• Administrator

Greetings Survivors!

The first version of the Official SurviveTheArk Community App is now live on the Google Play Store! (iOS Version coming very soon) The app was created to bring our community members an easy to use interface to interact with our forum right on your mobile device... but wait there's more... anyone that is playing ARK on an Official PC server with a Steam account linked to our community forum will also enjoy in-game Trip Wire and Baby Hatching Push Notifications! So that means that you don't even have to be in-game to get notified when your base is being raided or your new creatures have broken from their eggs!

en_badge_web_generic.png

push.jpg

HOW TO LINK YOUR STEAM ACCOUNT:

Account_Settings.png

It's super simple, just go to your Account Settings Page and then click on the "Steam" button to sync your account. The Push Notification feature is only available to regular members. Those in the "Early Bird" forum group will need to use the forum a little before automatically being bumped into the regular "Member" forum group.

Steam_Link.png

BUT WAIT THERE'S EVEN MORE..... NITRADO:

nitrado_logo.png

I've been working with Nitrado and this week they are going to implement the feature on all of their ARK Private Dedicated Servers! So those of you that have your own Nitrado servers just need to follow the steps above and you too will enjoy these awesome notifications right on your mobile devices!

This is just the first step into bringing you guys some awesome new ways to enjoy ARK and rest assured that we are working on many more!

-Chris (Wildcard Casanova)

View full article

Although I am enjoying the app I wanted to point out a few things that may be missing. They aren't a big deal but for one I will miss the emoji reputation buttons that are not available in app and although I almost never use it I dont see the ability to quote multiple replies at one time like is available on the web browser version.

I hope you have a Windows 10 App coming as well, or will at least port the iOS or Android version over using the automated conversion tools provided by Microsoft.

It seems crazy that we even have to ask for a Windows 10/XBox App with notifications...  

500 Million Windows 10 Users.  30+ Million XBox One Users.

...considering most of your player base in on Win10Steam/Win10Store/XBox? I would bet even PS4 users have Windows PCs and Windows Tablets too.

You could even offer notifications from your Web Site, and not need a dedicated App at all, which would work with all mobile and desktop platforms, as Web notifications are now a thing.

Instead, we get an Android and iOS App...  So the Windows 10 tablet that sits next to my XBox and my PC that I use for looking up Ark information isn't enough, I now have to have a phone next to me to get notifications and in-game information?

It amazes me that Microsoft works with companies that are this unfriendly to their consumer base, and doesn't even consider Windows 10 Apps to be 'necessary' for people using their product on Windows 10.  Microsoft is simply nicer than I would be, as I would yank your Win10/XBox versions until you also provided Apps for Windows.

The irony is that your company literally NEEDS Windows to offer the performance necessary to run your game at its highest settings due to the WDDM's GPU scheduling and threading technologies that only exist in Windows.

• Facepalm 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, SimplyPowerful said:

I hope you have a Windows 10 App coming as well, or will at least port the iOS or Android version over using the automated conversion tools provided by Microsoft.

It seems crazy that we even have to ask for a Windows 10/XBox App with notifications...  

500 Million Windows 10 Users.  30+ Million XBox One Users.

...considering most of your player base in on Win10Steam/Win10Store/XBox? I would bet even PS4 users have Windows PCs and Windows Tablets too.

You could even offer notifications from your Web Site, and not need a dedicated App at all, which would work with all mobile and desktop platforms, as Web notifications are now a thing.

Instead, we get an Android and iOS App...  So the Windows 10 tablet that sits next to my XBox and my PC that I use for looking up Ark information isn't enough, I now have to have a phone next to me to get notifications and in-game information?

It amazes me that Microsoft works with companies that are this unfriendly to their consumer base, and doesn't even consider Windows 10 Apps to be 'necessary' for people using their product on Windows 10.  Microsoft is simply nicer than I would be, as I would yank your Win10/XBox versions until you also provided Apps for Windows.

The irony is that your company literally NEEDS Windows to offer the performance necessary to run your game at its highest settings due to the WDDM's GPU scheduling and threading technologies that only exist in Windows.

I think you're missing the point in the App. Our website already offers these notifications, but the app is for people that don't want to have the website open 24/7. I may look into doing a Windows Store version, however what's the point when, as I already said, this is for mobile users and not those browsing the site on their Windows desktops.

I'm guessing you made your entire rant based on the fact you didn't know our website DOES offer these notifications :P 

• Haha 1

Excellent, I know it's a long shot, but could there perhaps be a chance of being able to do ingame stuff with this in the future?

I'm thinking mostly about imprinting, make a silly minigame of it. For example if the dino wants to go for a walk then you have to use the GPS and actually walk 500 meters or something like that for it to trigger :P

Those of us stuck at work or whatever could at least get one imprint done during lunch n such.