Raptor Bug?

StevenT475

Seriously. this is getting annoying. I've joined multiple servers and spawned at multiple points on each. But every time I do there is a level 100+ alpha raptor there. Sometimes I'm lucky and I can sneak off while he is attacking another animal.  But it won't be a full minute and he is right on top of me again and kills me in 1 hit. I don't know if this is  a glitch or someone is pulling them there. But this is ridiculous. It is impossible to start or do anything.

The Island. Pretty much every spawn. Just random. Then again what does it matter what it is. If it isn't a Alpha its another hostile dino or a group of high level players ready to gank you while you've got nothing. Seriously. How are you suppose to get anywhere in this game?  Take two steps in easy spawn and BOOM! Level 100+ dinos and I'm lucky if I have a pick at that point. 

6 hours ago, powerstuck said:

A few weeks before the official launch they increased chances of alpha spawns by 25%. Not mind you they probably screwed up the numbers (like they usually do) but since that patch, there was noticeably more alphas, everywhere.

I thought this was by 100% so they effectively doubled alphas, which is about what it feels like.

@StevenT475 Get a few dozen meters to 100 or so into the tree line, they don't really venture into the trees too often if they're chasing something and if you see one coming you've got a small chance of out running it, only because dino path finding still isn't amazing so they can get tripped up on trees and rocks. That will also help somewhat for other carnivores and players. The main defense to everything in this game is not being seen (or stumbling into aggro range with dinos). Also level movement speed, unless you go nuts you're not going to outrun alpha raptors but it's not hard to get away from most non alpha dinos.

24 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

I thought this was by 100% so they effectively doubled alphas, which is about what it feels like.

@StevenT475 Get a few dozen meters to 100 or so into the tree line, they don't really venture into the trees too often if they're chasing something and if you see one coming you've got a small chance of out running it, only because dino path finding still isn't amazing so they can get tripped up on trees and rocks. That will also help somewhat for other carnivores and players. The main defense to everything in this game is not being seen (or stumbling into aggro range with dinos). Also level movement speed, unless you go nuts you're not going to outrun alpha raptors but it's not hard to get away from most non alpha dinos.

They increased the rates twice IIRC

Edit:

Sorry they changed Single player and online separately 

Oh man, I remember the first night of release. Me and some friends from the island were on the new rag map and an alpha rex spawned in our base area. And not just any alpha rex, no a 130 one. It ran rampant all over our area. Killed us multiple times ate half my house killed our tames. I eventually logged off in my partially destroyed house in disgust. Logged on the enxt day... it killed me in my sleep.

6 hours ago, ickleMrG said:

we have random gigas spawing in our base. 1st one caught us by suprise (on PVE and all dinos were set to chill out) luckily 1 person was on and managed to beat him with our giga. dinos now on protect!!!! 

You must have had a super giga...

Wild giga HP = 80000+

Tamed giga HP = 20000 is great

Wid giga melee = 150+

Melee post-tame of a wild giga that had it at 150 = 80 melee.

16 hours ago, powerstuck said:

A few weeks before the official launch they increased chances of alpha spawns by 25%. Not mind you they probably screwed up the numbers (like they usually do) but since that patch, there was noticeably more alphas, everywhere.

It was 50%. (Feels like 500%)

Archived