Better to get wyvern eggs in Ragnarok or Scorched Earth?

SCORCH

Just now, SCORCH said:

Side question: How do you get ice wyvern eggs? I cant seem to find anything but lightning fire and poison in the wyvern area on ragnarok.

Different area. You wont find ice eggs in the scar, but up in the snowy peaks/murder snow area. I would suggest looking up videos on youtube. 

if you want a dumbed-down version of ark, play ragnarok

where they make everything "better and easier" for the more casual orientated player

need black pearl? just pick them up from the bodem (i mean, seriously black pearl just on the floor)

need milk? ragnarok, no increased spoil time like scorched earth

need a dino? go to ragnarok, it even has paid-for dinos FOR FREE .. go figure

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2017 at 11:25 AM, raptorjesus666 said:

if you want a dumbed-down version of ark, play ragnarok

where they make everything "better and easier" for the more casual orientated player

need black pearl? just pick them up from the bodem (i mean, seriously black pearl just on the floor)

need milk? ragnarok, no increased spoil time like scorched earth

need a dino? go to ragnarok, it even has paid-for dinos FOR FREE .. go figure

You say all that like it's a bad thing!

I've only explored the crag on Ragnarok for a brief moment...

Call me blind, but isn't the wyvern crag on SE far bigger than the one on Ragnarok?

If that's the case, and you want more opportunities to snatch an egg, then SE is probably better.

Yeah, the weather events are a drag, but it sounds far more worth it than relying on Ragnarok (AT THE MOMENT). Use Ragnarok to get wyvern milk, however.

Just now, DarkEliteH2 said:

I've only explored the crag on Ragnarok for a brief moment...

Call me blind, but isn't the wyvern crag on SE far bigger than the one on Ragnarok?

If that's the case, and you want more opportunities to snatch an egg, then SE is probably better.

Yeah, the weather events are a drag, but it sounds far more worth it than relying on Ragnarok (AT THE MOMENT). Use Ragnarok to get wyvern milk, however.

I believe the World Scar is a little bigger, but I don't have exact measurements :) in any case, the frequency of eggs showing up in Ragnarok seems to be higher, and there seems to be fewer "extra" Wyverns that aren't laying eggs, so I'd personally still run with Ragnarok just on that basis

Just now, PuffyPony said:

I believe the World Scar is a little bigger, but I don't have exact measurements :) in any case, the frequency of eggs showing up in Ragnarok seems to be higher, and there seems to be fewer "extra" Wyverns that aren't laying eggs, so I'd personally still run with Ragnarok just on that basis

Yeah? I've been hearing about frequent spawn issues of wyvern eggs on my Ragnarok server. It could just be the horrendous lag/server quality at this time that's causing it, which is why it's sounding more prudent to search for eggs on SE than Ragnarok...at the moment ;)

Plus...Invisible Ice wyverns. Doesn't make egg-hunting very tempting :/

Yeah? I've been hearing about frequent spawn issues of wyvern eggs on my Ragnarok server. It could just be the horrendous lag/server quality at this time that's causing it, which is why it's sounding more prudent to search for eggs on SE than Ragnarok...at the moment ;)

Plus...Invisible Ice wyverns. Doesn't make egg-hunting very tempting :/

Yeah, that's a glitch people are talking about, though I personally can't say I've really noticed anything unusual :/ I guess wait until devs say it's been resolved and then compare

What Ragnarok server are you on? I might have to go egg-hunting there xD

Just a private non-dedicated with a few of my friends. We actually went to the trench just yesterday to go egg-hunting, and we saw at least five just in the part that runs parallel to the snow biome. We didn't bother checking in the part that runs down toward the sea since we already nabbed a pretty solid Lightning Wyvern egg but I have to imagine there were at least one or two down there as well

24 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

Just a private non-dedicated with a few of my friends. We actually went to the trench just yesterday to go egg-hunting, and we saw at least five just in the part that runs parallel to the snow biome. We didn't bother checking in the part that runs down toward the sea since we already nabbed a pretty solid Lightning Wyvern egg but I have to imagine there were at least one or two down there as well

Aaaah, see, there's a difference here.

I play official PvP. That might be where my issues reside in regards to egg spawns

Archived