I wanted to report some success on bosses

SCORCH

I have just managed to kill the beta broodmother with 10 direwolves, 3 t rexes, 5 gigantopitecus, and two yutyrannus. All severely bred and leveled specifically for the boss battle. I expected to fail miserably, but the wolves and apes really surprised me. Throw on some ascendant riot helms on the apes and they are extremely tanky. Direwolves made quick work of the spiders, rexes did some massive damage as well, and yutyrannus buffed everything. 

Note: We did have two riders controlling yutyrannus, and two others sitting back with mastercraft assault rifles constantly shooting the broodmother.

Note2: Lost 3 direwolves, and 2 gigantopicecus. Plan on breeding even better dinos of similar quanities and types for alpha brood.

@Rintrahhh To be completely honest, it wasn't a "whats better" decision. It was a "I want to challenge myself. As you responded to my other recent post yesterday about being bored with ark and wanting stuff to do, i decided what better than to try to breed unusual combos for boss battles to cure my boredom.

Sabertooths or thylacoleos would probably be better, yes, but like I said, i was just trying an unusual combo. Plus I like direwolves a lot because I have a really nice blue mutation going in it.

1 hour ago, SCORCH said:

Direwolves are at roughly 15-20k health after being leveled, and 800-1000% melee. Gigantopithecus are at about 25k health, and 500% melee. Rexes are sitting at between 40k and 60k health. Yuty stats are irrelevant as they do not fight.

and that is official server?

my direwolves are born at lvl 335 with 3361.1 health and 439.2% damage base stats, with 100% imprint and halfway leveled and i don't even come half as you healthwise

what base stats you have?

i like mammals alot

got lvl 306-310 thylas

got lvl 319 direbears

got lvl 335 direwolves

if you ever want to sell/trade me some of your stats i'd be more then happy ^^

really looking for megaloceros, bigfoots, megatheriums, chali's and pretty much every "small" mammal that fits through a normal gateway (my base isn't that big anymore, i was forced to change server as mine was shut down so i had to leave alot behind)

4 hours ago, SCORCH said:

@Rintrahhh To be completely honest, it wasn't a "whats better" decision. It was a "I want to challenge myself. As you responded to my other recent post yesterday about being bored with ark and wanting stuff to do, i decided what better than to try to breed unusual combos for boss battles to cure my boredom.

Sabertooths or thylacoleos would probably be better, yes, but like I said, i was just trying an unusual combo. Plus I like direwolves a lot because I have a really nice blue mutation going in it.

Thylas cannot TP in

8 hours ago, SCORCH said:

I have just managed to kill the beta broodmother with 10 direwolves, 3 t rexes, 5 gigantopitecus, and two yutyrannus. All severely bred and leveled specifically for the boss battle. I expected to fail miserably, but the wolves and apes really surprised me. Throw on some ascendant riot helms on the apes and they are extremely tanky. Direwolves made quick work of the spiders, rexes did some massive damage as well, and yutyrannus buffed everything. 

Note: We did have two riders controlling yutyrannus, and two others sitting back with mastercraft assault rifles constantly shooting the broodmother.

Note2: Lost 3 direwolves, and 2 gigantopicecus. Plan on breeding even better dinos of similar quanities and types for alpha brood.

You forgot the partridge in a pear tree.

But seriously, I am quite happy to hear of your success. Having the devs design the fights around rexes slugfesting it out with all bosses is...um...not...something I respect in the slightest. So having people such as yourselves take them down with animals like direwolves and yuts is quite refreshing. Great work!

5 hours ago, Rintrahhh said:

Any reason why you've chosen direwolves over the sabertooth? I initially bred some direwolves but switched to the sabertooth when I found an ascendant saddle bp.

I haven't started breeding them yet, nor done any boss fights but I think the sabertooth might be better just because of the saddle.

direwolf is sabertooth v2,0. more dmg lesser health but faster greater better. i would still take 8 rexes and 1 pig for healing and maby a giga if not then a tank. rexes has better chances too bite after getting knockedback. i tought of doing 10 ankies but they so slow.

36 minutes ago, Chronosphere said:

direwolf is sabertooth v2,0. more dmg lesser health but faster greater better. i would still take 8 rexes and 1 pig for healing and maby a giga if not then a tank. rexes has better chances too bite after getting knockedback. i tought of doing 10 ankies but they so slow.

Why does everyone think Direwolves are faster? They aren't

Saber Base sprinting: 1150 

Wolf Base sprinting 1017.792

3 hours ago, Chronosphere said:

You can't take a giga dude

Archived