Changes in gather,exp,taming speed

Humunculus

• 2 weeks later...

Yes?   Game used to be 1x taming/harvesting/xp.  They moved it to permanent 2x rates.  So now, 2x is called 1x.  They do evolution events pretty much every weekend that boost rates by 2x, meaning it's really 4x of the original vanilla rates.  Sometimes the evolution event includes 2x breeding and sometimes the event can be 3x.

If you haven't played in a year, you will experience 1/2 of the grind you were used to.  It's very nice, but could probably go up by another .5 or 1 more to be more reasonable.

Ark general rates (taming tally rates)... 2015 (0.6)... 2016 (0.9) then (1.3) then again(1.5)... 2017 (1.7) then release (2.3 - confirmed official 1.0)... General rates not figuring individual rate statistics... Heres a hint why its around my guesstimation of 2.3, back in 2016 a kibble tamed 120 rex on default official took 67 scorp kibble... But now its 33 kibble for a 150 rex... Back in og alpha days 60 was highest and it took around 40+ kibble so ya its way different...  Half the kibble but different level for the tame amount. Like i said the minor rates like specifics like gathering and harvest rates have changed for the final release and all vary differently. Tired not gonna tally those atm. Taming easier to keep track.

So anyways the 2x events just double all the currents rates by a 2x amount on the individual rates which all are different. 

Basically im fine with the current gather rates, its actually manageable and enjoyable, especially if you are a 2015 player like me where it was way more grindy lol.

This topic will forever be an issue but me personally I will forever have the same mindset. 

These are dinosaurs and mythical creatures people. Why should they be easy to tame? Large beasts, capable of a massive amount of damage but you just want them handed to you. I have spent 2 hours starving down a Megatherium to honey tame it and it was worth all 120 minutes.

I have spent 8 hours berry taming a Theri and man did that suck but guess what that Theri has saved my butt so many times in early game, gave me my first rare mushrooms, rare flowers, meat harvester, prime meat harvester, berry gatherer, fought off Carno's, lower level Rex's, dropped eggs which helped me to tame my Basil, made me ings from it's fertilized eggs, provided protection against other Theri's when I would take my Anky to harvest metal and crystal and obsidian but yeah lets just give everyone one. 

I spent the 12 days of time to raise our Giga's. We used our Giga's on legacy to kill Titan's providing valuable level's/xp to our Yutyrannus' and Rex's that would have taken several more hours to level up properly to fight the Alpha Broodmother. I would walk the swamp just chomping and gather 8000 lbs of meat in 15 minutes giving me the ability to raise 10 Quetzal's and 10 rex's at the same time with no issues. I would walk the desert of Scorches with the ability to get great BP's from red drops and if an Alpha Deathworm came at me I'd chomp it down in less than 2 minutes. I'd stand on my Giga as my tribe mates would lead Wyvern after Wyvern to me and I'd collect all the Talons we needed to fight Alpha Manticore several times in a row, collecting 190 element each time to build all the awesome toys we used to raise our dino's for trade or personal use. I used our Giga's to fight Wild Giga's and triumph (level 40 and level 85) but yeah lets just give these to people too. 

The timers are the way they are because you should have to earn this stuff that makes walking through this game infinitely easier. 

It's a common mantra but one that needs to be reiterated. Official rates are official rates. If they are too long and grindy for you use one of the hundreds and thousands of other options in unofficial and private servers available to you but stop trying to make this game a cake walk from day 1 because honestly once you get these things you never worry about anything from an environmental stand point again. It's a survival game so put in the work to make surviving easier. 

17 hours ago, Brayn said:

Yes?   Game used to be 1x taming/harvesting/xp.  They moved it to permanent 2x rates.  So now, 2x is called 1x.  They do evolution events pretty much every weekend that boost rates by 2x, meaning it's really 4x of the original vanilla rates.  Sometimes the evolution event includes 2x breeding and sometimes the event can be 3x.

If you haven't played in a year, you will experience 1/2 of the grind you were used to.  It's very nice, but could probably go up by another .5 or 1 more to be more reasonable.

so before the "2x rates" we currently have now the gathering was 0.5? if it was permanent 2x then we should be getting 2 stone per pick up not 1?

if it was an event and 4x as you have said above then it would take a day to raise a wyvern?

where is the confirmation of the 2x being the norm?

1 hour ago, X111 said:

so before the "2x rates" we currently have now the gathering was 0.5? if it was permanent 2x then we should be getting 2 stone per pick up not 1?

if it was an event and 4x as you have said above then it would take a day to raise a wyvern?

where is the confirmation of the 2x being the norm?

X2 harvest xp taming

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:35 AM, X111 said:

i'll have to look into this when I sign on

Not sure about the stone pickup, but original rates were called 1x... the only way to actually see them now is to set your dododex to .5x.  Maturation/Breeding etc. was not given any base-line multiplier increase, but I understand it was re-tooled recently to make it less arduous.

Narcotic used to give 2xp per craft.  I think it gives 4xp per craft now on base rates and 8xp per craft on 2x weekends.

14 hours ago, Brayn said:

Not sure about the stone pickup, but original rates were called 1x... the only way to actually see them now is to set your dododex to .5x.  Maturation/Breeding etc. was not given any base-line multiplier increase, but I understand it was re-tooled recently to make it less arduous.

Narcotic used to give 2xp per craft.  I think it gives 4xp per craft now on base rates and 8xp per craft on 2x weekends.

I think it was only gathering that was given x2 now as the base rate

strange how when you pick up stone you pick up 1 but wood is 2

I agree with the other guys post about the rates

its not too bad when you get high MD gatherers tbh

4 hours ago, X111 said:

I think it was only gathering that was given x2 now as the base rate

strange how when you pick up stone you pick up 1 but wood is 2

I agree with the other guys post about the rates

its not too bad when you get high MD gatherers tbh

gathering, taming and XP across the board.  Not long before they upped it to 2x they made alphas give about 50% less XP, so when rates went up they gave what they used to give.

Archived