How does the transfer timer work exactly

Rarok

7 hours ago, duque said:

reset the character, put all the points in weight, stick to the obelisk with a quetzal and each trip if you are level 100 you can pass 543 structures each member of the clan

for me the game is going to raptor, pay fair for sinners

That would be very foolish. Go to obelisk with a mate.. Bring tames with what you want. Stand next to the obelisk. Have your mate throw all the stuff on the ground. Pick it up.. Enjoy being able to Carry a lot more than usual?  Be sure to bring water and food, because you aint moving anywhere before you have uploaded. 

24 minutes ago, Kamala said:

That would be very foolish. Go to obelisk with a mate.. Bring tames with what you want. Stand next to the obelisk. Have your mate throw all the stuff on the ground. Pick it up.. Enjoy being able to Carry a lot more than usual?  Be sure to bring water and food, because you aint moving anywhere before you have uploaded. 

Yup we do the same thing. Bring a ton of stuff with our high weight argys and then just have one guy keep throwing the other one items/material off the bird

On 9/7/2017 at 8:23 AM, Racidon said:

"for people who don't know" - apparently means you too :P

The way it works is each item has a state of whether it has been saved or not. This means when you pick up 1 item this item will now no longer be classed as saved, until a server save passes by. This means you can die whilst your timer is at 1 minute, so long as you pick up your items before that server save comes around. Looking at a drop or obelisk multiple times does not reset your timer...

If you would like confirmation have yourself walk up to the obelisk look at your timer. Then wait about 10 minutes and have your friend look at his/her items at the obelisk, you will both have the same timer.

Since the first page of this is about how you think it works rather than how it actually works, I've quoted my explanation on how the timer works in another thread.

Some people are also under the assumption you can't transfer with items that spoil. You can, it's just harder.

First like I say above the timer is GLOBAL on your server. It is whether your items were in that state when the last save came along, that means stack size, location, etc. This also includes ammo in items. 

To do this with items that spoil, you will be best to use an oby, first have a fridge/preserving bin at one of them keep the items in the bin. Look at your timer by accessing the obi (if no items have a timer, grab a new one and check) It will range between 1 second and 30minutes. Let's say you're transferring milk, you get it with salts in your ptera, fly it back to the obi, put it in your preserving bin and it has just under 1 hour left on it. You look at the obi and your items have a 20minute timer on them. You wait 19 minutes and then get your milk out (with some salts for added protection). That milk also only has a 1 minute timer on it until you can transfer with it. You wait 1 minute and then transfer with your wyvern milk.

If it's still not to liking of those that actually haven't tried this and pretend to know what they're talking about let me know I'll make a video proving it for you on official. Of course it will be with meat or berries not milk but same story.

On 9/9/2017 at 5:56 PM, ciabattaroll said:

Duping existed even in pve. Want to tame x dino but you only have so few eggs? How about structures to build but are feeling lazy with collecting materials? Doing a boss battle but are short on bullets?

I mean really, just because it's pve does not change the fact that people didn't try to find justifications for their duping.

It's also super annoying for most Americans that have not been shooting up schools and night clubs to have to get licenses to own firearms. In other words, this is an unfortunate system but it's ultimately there for the overall security of the player base.

Except this hasn't fixed duping. So this whole "fix" is just another pointless "feature".

On 9/10/2017 at 9:25 AM, TangoOsmo said:

how does a 5 min timer help anything? 30 min timer would make duping almost impossible if it would restart on all items after server save.

Best way to fix duping is to have specific id on all items. the other way would be upload buffer. Items would instantly load to server side buffer and when server saves, items would be moved to global transfer system. If server crashes all buffers would be cleared and no duplications would exist.

We need ids. The dupers are rolling servers back 30+ mins now. It happens once daily last 4 days in my server

• 9 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 12:54 PM, Rarok said:

I thought the dupe fix was using one database? Is this really the dupe fix

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:09 PM, EternalUniverse said:

So in other words.. go waste your time waiting half an hour each time you want to upload something. But even that is screwing things up when you pick up stuff from your chest and all of a sudden the 30min timer counts another 30min out of nothing. Horrible system in my opinion. best way would be to have a system that can see who's duping and just straight IP ban him. done. by the end of the month most of them will be taken care off and people will stop duping. But the detecting system will still be activated just to be sure.

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:26 AM, TangoOsmo said:

Well they did fix all known ways to crash server. That's the key in duping in all games that has multiple server system.

They know that the solution which they applied was a patch, not a fix. As for fixing the issue I can imagine that there are concerns with actually having to overhaul already written code. <-- Thats the part that comes with problems.  

Anyone who is familiar with the I.T. / Software industry already knows that a database-table containing records that a globally unique primary key, server the node was on, the map the node was on, the coordinates of the node, and amount of reward the node itself yielded whenever it was broken would be a solution in itself. We could name this table "Harvests" and then establish a relationship between table "Harvests" and "Items" where "Items" would have each and every-single item serialized with another globally unique identifier, item number of the item itself, and the foreign key "node" which would have referential integrity with table "Harvests". Then server-side anti-cheat could run before the records were sanitized in order to detect things like "Invalid Loot From Specified Node.", "Invalid Loot From Specified Map", "Duplicate Entry for this LOOT Exists.".

The same-concept could be applied with tames and absolutely everything that is generated in-game. Now; here is the dilemma: Thats more than just a major revision, that is REWORK. That is going back in-code to figure out what the stuff means in order to alter the way the client behaves in order to apply "Serialization."

SWC gets paid per-purchase of the product and not at a subscribed rate. These devs have a 9~5 if they aren't on salary pay. I doubt that they are going to apply that REWORK in order to not only detect, but to avoid, duping. They do not get paid to fix ours/your issues. They get paid to produce more "expansion" packs.  So no, they are going to leave you with invasive client side anti-cheat solutions, work on making a game that has no accountability mechanics, and address their faults with another patch, not a fix. 

Why? : Its Cheaper. At this point I even think its retarded that SWC is still depending on VALVE as a distributor of this product. Not that STEAM is a bad thing, but STEAM has issues of its own that is a conflict of interest to SWC. Its previously been stated: "Players cannot sell mods via steam, this is not SWC's terms and conditions. This is Valves terms and conditions.".  

This poops not getting fixed. the wounds on the product is way to deep. If theirs an epidemic... expect a patch for that. obelisk timers = perfect example. what a poopy solution.

• 10 months later...
On 6/24/2018 at 5:01 AM, jrulie101 said:

-snip-

SWC gets paid per-purchase of the product and not at a subscribed rate. These devs have a 9~5 if they aren't on salary pay. I doubt that they are going to apply that REWORK in order to not only detect, but to avoid, duping. They do not get paid to fix ours/your issues. They get paid to produce more "expansion" packs.

-snip-

I am a necromancer.  I love the dead.  They have much to say to the living, thinks I.

Btw, why do we still have a timer at the obolisk/supdrop on our stuffs?  Is it some kind of security scan to make sure people are not "duping???"  Or is it to prevent loss of goods when the game LAGGGGGGGS for a whole 3 minutes?

Archived