Daeodon instead of milk

elementira

So I read that you can use your Daeodon to heal your Wyvern baby through maturation.

I have a unofficial server with my brothers, with maturation x5.
so my Question is would it be possible to raise a wyvern with a Daeodon healing and Stimulant for baby wyvern.

I have an Ovis farm to harvest Mutton to cook.

This topic is not about it's faster to do a wyvern milk run.

it is possible, and it is official i have got an direct response from a dev about this

"LilpandaYesterday at 18:23

Hello Survivor,

I do apologize for the trouble this has caused you. After some careful discussion regarding using daedons for raising of babies (wyverns in this case), we have determined that while not an intended game feature, it is not going to be considered an exploit even though it completely eliminates the need for gathering milk. The moderator was simply following directive from myself specifically in regards to posting of exploits. I however will remove the warning you were given regarding this and you are welcome to repost the content of the wiki (without the bits about moderation). Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Lilpanda
Community Hub Lead
Studio Wildcard
http://www.studiowildcard.com/

Security Tip: Please do not give your password to anyone for any reason. Studio Wildcard will NEVER ask you for your password."

but keep in mind, the daedon will burn through it's food really fast, so be prepared to give it lots and lots of food or you will end with a dead daedon

• Volunteer Moderator
36 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

Does that really work? Is one deadon enough to keep 3 wyverns alive?  What happens when their food hits zero?  How much meat will it take?  

There's no mechanic that reduces the amount of healing the daeodon does based on the number of creatures it has to heal. This means that on paper one daeodon is enough to sustain as many wyverns as you can fit into the range of their healing aura.

2 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Does that really work? Is one deadon enough to keep 3 wyverns alive?  What happens when their food hits zero?  How much meat will it take?  

it works, and as the mod said the healing effect is a point blank area of effect. aslong as what you want to be healed is within the radius it's fine

however, the more units that need healing, the more food the daeodon depletes of it's own.

not sure if i understand this "What happens when their food hits zero?" if the baby wyverns food reaches 0, they will lose health and eventually starve to death

BUT: the daeodon is there to counter the loss of health after food reached 0, so you can keep the babies alive. see it as a coma in our world. a "machine" keeps you alive.

the only downside: you won't be able to imprint the wyvern as you were not able to get milk in the first place to raise it

i ended with a dead pig on my first try, so really on official rates be prepared to have ALOT OF MEAT AND/OR KIBBLE

1 hour ago, raptorjesus666 said:

it works, and as the mod said the healing effect is a point blank area of effect. aslong as what you want to be healed is within the radius it's fine

however, the more units that need healing, the more food the daeodon depletes of it's own.

not sure if i understand this "What happens when their food hits zero?" if the baby wyverns food reaches 0, they will lose health and eventually starve to death

BUT: the daeodon is there to counter the loss of health after food reached 0, so you can keep the babies alive. see it as a coma in our world. a "machine" keeps you alive.

the only downside: you won't be able to imprint the wyvern as you were not able to get milk in the first place to raise it

i ended with a dead pig on my first try, so really on official rates be prepared to have ALOT OF MEAT AND/OR KIBBLE

Yeah that's a good point,  you need milk to imprint anyway,  so probably better off just doing a milk run.  No point raising 0% imprint wyverns they will be too weak to use 

4 hours ago, raptorjesus666 said:

Yea, that is right, but we removed imprint on our server :P

I got another question, and wondered if i needed to make a new topic but, is stasis breeding still a thing?
I have an idea that, if you hatch the egg before you go to bed, so in the morning you would have a whole day with the baby Wyvern and a Daeodon to heal it. On a server 5x maturation time.

I just hope the baby wyvern can hold its food for several hours in stasis.

7 minutes ago, vanyelxp5 said:

Stasis no longer slows the rate at which the food meter drops.

On the plus side though, the food meter drops at a slower rate than before due to them not using food to regenerate health while growing.

but food still spoils on normal timers, so when u log in you'll find dozens of spoiled stacks (100 meat each)

waste of meat really

47 minutes ago, elementira said:

Yea, that is right, but we removed imprint on our server :P

I got another question, and wondered if i needed to make a new topic but, is stasis breeding still a thing?
I have an idea that, if you hatch the egg before you go to bed, so in the morning you would have a whole day with the baby Wyvern and a Daeodon to heal it. On a server 5x maturation time.

I just hope the baby wyvern can hold its food for several hours in stasis.

Here I'd say your increased rates might be a bit of a headache. On default rates the egg takes 5 hours to incubate, and high level babies are born with several hours of food, in which case, you could indeed through it down before bed, and tend to it in the morning. With eggs hatching faster though, that food at birth won't carry the baby as far. Can always pre-cook it so it can hatch first thing in the morning and go from there. Even on official rates that typically means baby can last the night after a whole day of growing.

11 minutes ago, Housatonic said:

Here I'd say your increased rates might be a bit of a headache. On default rates the egg takes 5 hours to incubate, and high level babies are born with several hours of food, in which case, you could indeed through it down before bed, and tend to it in the morning. With eggs hatching faster though, that food at birth won't carry the baby as far. Can always pre-cook it so it can hatch first thing in the morning and go from there. Even on official rates that typically means baby can last the night after a whole day of growing.

ohh didn't know about that, but our egg hatching speed is on 1.2

So a lower egg hatching would be equal to more food in stats?

25 minutes ago, elementira said:

ohh didn't know about that, but our egg hatching speed is on 1.2

So a lower egg hatching would be equal to more food in stats?

Not that, but if you sleep 8 hours, and your egg takes 5 hours to hatch, baby only needs to go for 3 hours. If your egg were to hatch in 3 hours, baby would need to go without food (or alternative) for 5 hours until you wake up.

11 minutes ago, Housatonic said:

Not that, but if you sleep 8 hours, and your egg takes 5 hours to hatch, baby only needs to go for 3 hours. If your egg were to hatch in 3 hours, baby would need to go without food (or alternative) for 5 hours until you wake up.

so I should try and hatch the egg before i go to sleep then.
but what about stasis when i log off can the egg still hatch?

And by the thx to all of you for helping me.

1 minute ago, elementira said:

so I should try and hatch the egg before i go to sleep then.
but what about stasis when i log off can the egg still hatch?

And by the thx to all of you for helping me.

if you let the egg hatch when you sleep, then none can claim the baby

i believe the daeodon only heals "friendly" stuff so the unclaimed baby would just die anyway

Forget about stasis, it no longer impacts food consumption.
When I timed my default rates baby last night, it ate 25 units in 5 minutes, so should be 300 food an hour. At 185 and relatively weak in food, it started with some 1.6k food, but it's a bit of a gamble how much food baby is born with.
I have no experience with increased rates, and it varies wildly based on exact rates, but unless you feel like mathing it out, I'd say taking a bit of a gamble, throw it down right before bed, don't sleep in and fingers crossed for the morning. Playing it safe, pre-cook it in the evening, then just hatch it as soon as you wake up and take it from there.
Either way, by the time you go to bed again that day, it should be able to last the night no worries.

18 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

if you let the egg hatch when you sleep, then none can claim the baby

i believe the daeodon only heals "friendly" stuff so the unclaimed baby would just die anyway

Good point.

16 minutes ago, Housatonic said:

Forget about stasis, it no longer impacts food consumption.
When I timed my default rates baby last night, it ate 25 units in 5 minutes, so should be 300 food an hour. At 185 and relatively weak in food, it started with some 1.6k food, but it's a bit of a gamble how much food baby is born with.
I have no experience with increased rates, and it varies wildly based on exact rates, but unless you feel like mathing it out, I'd say taking a bit of a gamble, throw it down right before bed, don't sleep in and fingers crossed for the morning. Playing it safe, pre-cook it in the evening, then just hatch it as soon as you wake up and take it from there.
Either way, by the time you go to bed again that day, it should be able to last the night no worries.

I have calculated that i would take me around 18 hours for the baby to be adult, so the best guess would be doing it in the morning.
Does a Daeodons passive healing stop when you log off, and no ones around to render it?

I tried yesterday had my baby wyvern on 400 food and sat my Daeodon on passive healing, then logged off. Next day wyvern was gone and Daeodon almost didn't eat anything in its inventory.

So I either go for an 18hours straight or find a really high lvl wyvern and hope it food last through the night heh

Raising wyverns means higher level is easier baby, there's never an excuse not to go as high as possible.
For 18 hours raising, just hatch in the morning, by evenening it should be holding some 4k food? That'll probably carry it until it matures. That's assuming it gets food though.
If you're letting it starve, you want to be asleep while it chews through its food, so you're around for as long as piggy's at work. In which case, I'd doubly go for a high level. Either try to make a safe estimate how long baby lasts and get as much sleep as possible, or set an alarm when it hatches so you can check food and set a new alarm. All depends on how much risk you want to take with the baby.

1 hour ago, elementira said:

Good point.

I have calculated that i would take me around 18 hours for the baby to be adult, so the best guess would be doing it in the morning.
Does a Daeodons passive healing stop when you log off, and no ones around to render it?

I tried yesterday had my baby wyvern on 400 food and sat my Daeodon on passive healing, then logged off. Next day wyvern was gone and Daeodon almost didn't eat anything in its inventory.

So I either go for an 18hours straight or find a really high lvl wyvern and hope it food last through the night heh

Offline raid protection? What people forget is when offline raid protection comes into place, food drain is still the same, however dinos will no longer function, that aggressive Rex you have somewhere random will stop as soon as orp hits

2 minutes ago, Pellao said:

Offline raid protection? What people forget is when offline raid protection comes into place, food drain is still the same, however dinos will no longer function, that aggressive Rex you have somewhere random will stop as soon as orp hits

Ohh so thats why it stop :)
Thanks people for answering my questions :D

Archived