Otters in The Center?

incinderberries

Anyone know where they are? Or even if they're added to the map at all?

I just really want an Otter, and I really don't want to have to start a new character on an Island server and go through the hassle of trying to tame one and then finding some way to a beacon or obelisk without dying a hundred times so I can send it to my Center server. -__-

Anyone know where they are? Or even if they're added to the map at all?
I just really want an Otter, and I really don't want to have to start a new character on an Island server and go through the hassle of trying to tame one and then finding some way to a beacon or obelisk without dying a hundred times so I can send it to my Center server. -__-
They are on river between south and middle jungle. I've seen them near big ruins with river around them. I can't give you gps cords now.

Just now, mmart said:

They are on river between south and middle jungle. I've seen them near big ruins with river around them. I can't give you gps cords now.

I know the place you're talking about! Thank you! I'm topping off the feeding trough and heading straight over to see if I can get one! :D

2 hours ago, incinderberries said:

Well, poo. I searched the whole river, and no Otters. I suppose I'll try again later and see if they just need some time to spawn in or something.

They're very common where the south jungle river turns into the swamp.  I assume it's the same for north jungle river but I haven't checked.

Unfortunately, I'm still not finding them, and I'm thinking maybe the walls of behemoth gateways might have something to do with it. Plus, I'm bluescreening every couple of minutes because that fatal flaw was never actually fixed no matter how much the devs claim. (I wonder how annoyed Sony is with all my reports with video and photo attachments that I send them every day. You'd think by now someone would realize crap still isn't working right and actually fix it, but nope. Still bluescreens and disco-deaths as far as the eye can see.) Bummer, too. Because I really wanted to try to find an Otter. But I'm sick of drowning and being eaten by things because my game crashes at the worst possible times.

Jungles mid on the eastern side. There is a river mouth here which looks out towards Blue Obelisk island. Around this inlet, the islands nearby and the beaches there, I have spotted in excess of 10. My tribe mate has one, but we have accidentally killed one when attacking an Alpha Megalodon from the shore and the Otter aggro'd (never understood why it aggro'd).

Anyway, I've seen them  on the beach, in the water and under that archway too. Good luck!

Archived