Is this hacker?

lkzombie

6 hours ago, raptorjesus666 said:

wth are you even talking about?

the in-game notification the game gives (if you enabled) it

harrist14 has joined the ark for example

Yes. It shows there, which is a good reason to be a 123, but I'm talking about the view players button on the steam overlay. That's broken and rarely shows the players accurately. And even when it does, if you're a 123, they can't keep track of who's online. 

On 9/9/2017 at 3:43 PM, Campi said:

Still be mindfull and don't trust anyone with 123 as steam name. Because the only reason tho choose such a name is to mask your identity. That means he feels guilty because he knows he's gonna do something that will make other people search for him. So he is eighter planning to go to war with everybody which per se is not "bad" or the other kind which hide behind that name are the griefers and even worse the cheaters. I don't know why legitimate people go with that name these days since it already has the taint of cheating on it and personally i'd just say its dumb to get yourself associated with those elements of the playerbase if you are a legitimate player.

this is not true

if you are being hunted it is common practice to change your name to 123

i once killed a mega tribe dude transporting eggs and got some boss rex eggs. 

he told me he was going to hunt me down but i didnt change my name

then he changed his steam name to one of my friends name and changed his profile picture to the other guy and requested friend. i accepted and he wiped me on my home server

always name your character 123

• Volunteer Moderator
15 hours ago, raptorjesus666 said:

the 123 trend, started only AFTER server transfering was enabled. that means that from start to that moment, not a single guy was named 123 yet there was pvp servers

Changing steam profiles to 123 actually started when usage of battlemetrics became prevalent.

Server transferring only served to highlight this usage because with the advent of cross ark transfers the layman was exposed to just how many people would resort to this measure in an attempt to confuse battlemetrics.

13 hours ago, ciabattaroll said:

Changing steam profiles to 123 actually started when usage of battlemetrics became prevalent.

Server transferring only served to highlight this usage because with the advent of cross ark transfers the layman was exposed to just how many people would resort to this measure in an attempt to confuse battlemetrics.

true to a degree, but i played pvp on official server for nearly a half year

not 1 guy was named 123, untill suddenly the "big change" happened, and only 2 guys changed name

needless to say it was very easy to see who is who, by just highlighting the previous used steam names so on the own server name change made no sense at all

only with server transfer it started to become useful so they could go rampage, without possible counter actions

read: go offline raiding without counter reaction

• Wildcard Community

This topic is in regards to the tester icon and has already been answered. If you'd like to discuss the masking of identity, I'm sure there are plenty of discussions out there regarding the use and if it's ethical. If there is not, feel free to make one and discuss it there.

Archived