Need more servers?

SusanCS

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We really need more Rag pvp servers. Either EU or NA all the same really Imo. 

There just isn't enough servers out right now and all medium and small tribes just get wiped by the big mega tribes that want the server to themselves. If we had more servers to be given a chance at least I think that would be awesome. Our tribe cannot even start yet because of this problem and it's kind disappointing as our tribe are all legacy players and we feel we are being neglected after the launch of ark :(

Are there going to be more Ragnarok Legacy PvE servers? Right now, there are only 4 on the PlayStation 4. Two are North American and two are European Union. It's next to impossible to get on the servers most of the time. I know they want us to move to the new official servers, but most of us don't want to abandon what we have been working on for years. It's not fair to push this new map so much, and then choke off your loyal players. Can you get at least 10 Ragnarok PvE servers for both the North American servers and EU servers?

FYI, this is the response I received from Wildcard (Lilpanda) regarding the server issue:

In regards to the actual underlying issue of lack of EU PvE servers, this is something we will have to look into and not something that immediately resolvable due to demand. In short we've essentially run out of hardware for servers and had to pull from different sources to meet the demand we honestly didn't expect to need so quickly. Hardware takes time to procure especially given we have a middleman (Nitrado) that procures and installs the hardware for us. We are quite aware of the lack of servers though, having done a count of them ourselves.

2 hours ago, Jtmorris said:
3 hours ago, Albarian said:
Studio are not posting their financials, but....
It looks like feces
It smells like feces
Its sitting between the legs of a Phiomia
I don't need a spyglass to know my Beetle will love it.

But if you knew about business, then you would realize there is more than what you are choosing to see.

Do enlighten....

They are running skeletal staff,  majority of their player base bought the game reduced.  1 DLC for additional stream of capital and a 40mil settlement because they poached a designer.  Perhaps they have some decent VC backing them, or maybe their client and server is farming bitcoin (would explain the performance).

At 10k feet; there is no sustained streams of revenue, while there is a sustained run rate for servers, staff and development.  The only sound business plan is keep the company lean, and aggressive with releasing DLC.  Given the fundamental issues that have existed for a year+, current login issues, the performance problems and the general apathy towards their customers which is totally unacceptable now that they are "live". 

The next DLC will be crucial, if it is rejected by the user base, as I suspect it will be, the death spiral then will go out of control.

I come with a lot of frustration to make a complaint that probably not only I that I have problem to play, because all the official servers are with the maximum limit of players and the support of that game does not help in increasing from 70 players to 100 players the limit and being also that the ping is abysmally self.
It may be that your landlord can do something to improve this ...

27 minutes ago, Jtmorris said:

While I don't completely disagree, I don't think that there is enough information to claim the reason they released dlc is to pay for the lawsuit. But make no mistake - the point of any dlc is to make money.

Indeed, that's really the whole point to creating them.

In truth, the only real fallacy that I can see in that particular rumor is that the DLC was "rushed" due to the lawsuit.  The actuality is that SE was released according to its original timetable, on time.  It was awkward because the main game wasn't on track with its own timetable, so instead of the SE team having things done shortly after ARK released it ended up being ready ahead of the main game.

So do you sit on a finished DLC, or do you do something controversial and release it according to its original timetable?  Financial pressures could very well have played an important part in the decision to release it, but that's something we'll never know for certain (nor should we, it's none of our business).

So yeah, the phrase "rushed out" really doesn't ring true, while the rest is fairly understandable speculation.

Archived