Blueprints are extremely OP

Cecil

After looking at the engrams it has come to my attention that blue prints are over powered. Why is it certain saddles and armor etc are high level if I can avoid being that level just by being slightly lucky and getting a blue print? Simple fix would be that blue prints require that same level to use. 

Does anyone else agree? 

that's the glory of the blueprint. a low level player can start crafting metal tier items early if he finds the blueprints for them.

also, high quality blueprints are very valuable in this game. you can find some that boost your weapon damage by up to 290%, and if you can afford the materials to craft it then you have earned the right to use the "op" blueprint.

15 hours ago, Cecil said:

After looking at the engrams it has come to my attention that blue prints are over powered. Why is it certain saddles and armor etc are high level if I can avoid being that level just by being slightly lucky and getting a blue print? Simple fix would be that blue prints require that same level to use. 

Does anyone else agree? 

Should luck play no part in your game experience?  

Also, BPs are excellent for trade, as they are light and almost anyone can use them. 

18 hours ago, Cecil said:

Does anyone else agree? 

No. The limiting factor isn't level, very rarely do you find a good BP that you aren't the level for yet. And if so, you're probably new, and don't have a reasonable ability to gather the resources for it. Unless it's like riot or a quetzal platform BP, most people are going to be the level when they find it. 

I understand thay drops are certain levels however the examples that concern me are rex, giga, and quetz. I feel that since you can get them out of level 60 or 80 drops respectivily it should be adjusted. It is not hard to farm for them at all either. 

I could be wrong but I am willing to wager that by the time anyone hits level 100 they will have the giga saddle bp hence making the engram 100% useless.

3 minutes ago, Cecil said:

I understand thay drops are certain levels however the examples that concern me are rex, giga, and quetz. I feel that since you can get them out of level 60 or 80 drops respectivily it should be adjusted. It is not hard to farm for them at all either. 

I could be wrong but I am willing to wager that by the time anyone hits level 100 they will have the giga saddle bp hence making the engram 100% useless.

i have 2,500 hours in this game and have a couple of LVL 100 chars and never yet got a giga or rex saddle bp from a drop. It's a bit of luck any player can have and it adds to the game.  

51 minutes ago, Cecil said:

And with 2.5k hours the only way you wouldnt find a BP for rex or giga is you never knew where to look or raided a tribe that found some.

Really? 

According to the wiki there is only a 34.8% chance of getting an item from the red drop loot table from a red drop, most of the time it will be items from the loot tables for the  lower level drops. And there are 33 items in the loot table for red drops so you only have a 1 in 33 or 0.3 %  chance if the item is from the red drop loot table of that item being a Rex saddle.

2 hours ago, Hemplethwaite said:

Really? 

According to the wiki there is only a 34.8% chance of getting an item from the red drop loot table from a red drop, most of the time it will be items from the loot tables for the  lower level drops. And there are 33 items in the loot table for red drops so you only have a 1 in 33 or 0.3 %  chance if the item is from the red drop loot table of that item being a Rex saddle.

Agreed the red drop is a horrible source for those saddles however using the wiki you could find that other drops, caves, underwater greatly increase the likleyhood of those saddles. 

On 9/8/2017 at 6:27 PM, Cecil said:

Does anyone else agree? 

Lol.

If you are able to survive under water and get the bps that way then I would say at that point lvl or no you earned those bps and that even under water drops do not drop the giga or q saddles that often.  If you are finding many  you are probably on an unofficial that has a better drops mod.  Try one that has no drops if that is more to your liking

Heeeck no I do not agree. Any BP worth it's salt needs effort to get...rarely will you EVER find a good BP in a BEACON of all things...most of the good ones are in caves or underwater where alpha's guard it...which means you need to sink of time and effort into breeding for good dino's to go in after it.

So nope...don't agree with you at all.

On 9/9/2017 at 8:37 PM, Cecil said:

Fair enough if noone else agrees however it is rather silly for engrams to be such high level then.

Also I play official pvp on Xbox so no mods and or unofficial stats.

A level 1, heck a level 50 player will not be able to get any of the top tier BP's solo. You either have to open loot crates, that are limited by your level, kill very strong creatures, or delve in very difficult caves.

I think that you issues is, "I just spent points in learning the raptor saddle, and not i found a green BP, making my points wasted OPOPOPOPOPOP"

On 9/9/2017 at 3:07 PM, Cecil said:

Those three BPs are extremely rare in the game, and rarity goes up as tier level goes up, Ramshackle - Rare, Apprentice- More Rare, Journeyman - Even more rare, Mastercraft- OMG Rare, Ascended - Holy Crap, these exist? Rare.

In the almost 2 years I have played, only ever looted TWO Rex saddle BP, they only drop from one or two certain areas, depending on the map you play. Had to buy the one I ended up with to get what I wanted.

Archived