Wyvern milking

nacirem

What I saw people do was trap a wyvern in a cage by kiting it one at a time, positioning yourself in the cage and shooting at it, then flying through the bars to escape and close the gate. Then, as long as you do not leave render, the wyvern should remain in the cage, and should also regenerate it's milk after a few hours. You can do this with multiple wyverns while remaining afk (using macros since officials apparently autokick now) and tranq the wyverns when needed.

i know trap design AKA original post ive done it a billion times but with a max ptera that outflys them and if i mess up can tank a hit or 3 but now its 2 hits and toast with no chance of outrunning. no matter what kind of bird im using i cant seem to live long enough to get them to trap after nerf. 

ALSO THIS IS ON RAGNAROK NOT SCORCHED

5 hours ago, nacirem said:

i know trap design AKA original post ive done it a billion times but with a max ptera that outflys them and if i mess up can tank a hit or 3 but now its 2 hits and toast with no chance of outrunning. no matter what kind of bird im using i cant seem to live long enough to get them to trap after nerf. 

Griffin's outfly wyverns if you know how to fly them right. Or use your own wyvern. Both are fast enough to avoid wild wyverns to lead them into traps.

5 hours ago, nacirem said:

I would suggest a griffin too as they have fairly high HP/stam so you can tank a few hits, plus they can dive to accelerate very quickly to give you some distance (important if kiting lightning)

We have griffins specced for wyvern kiting 20k+ hp and 2k+ stam. Anything below 5k hp and you can get toasted very easily by a lightning wyvern.

on rag, it's actually really easy with a ptera, since there's a ton of obstacles to fly around

use the ptera's smaller area, and vastly better turning radius to your advantage, and just make sure to manage your stamina appropriately

griffins may work better, but are also a larger loss if caught by a lightning wyvern

pteras are nice because if I lose a couple of them, it's hardly any issue at all

a tip, there's a cavern type entrance on the northern tip of the lava river that's very useful both for bringing a wyvern out, and for looking for eggs

...of course this is only for the northern spawn, haven't tried at all the more open area spawn down south.

Archived