Is Aberration worth it or should I get season pass?

TheTradersGuild

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, Bohica89 said:

Ark: Aberration will be $19.99 at launch just like Scorched Earth, but with the season pass, you get it for free.

If you will be playing ark for the entire season pass duration, then getting the season pass is justified as you will get all other expansions free as well.

Season Pass holders don't exactly get the DLC's for free, they've paid part of the costs when getting the Season Pass in the first place. It just means they won't have to pay for the DLC when it is released, doesn't mean they haven't paid towards it.

• Volunteer Moderator

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to ask here. If you purchase the season pass then you get to own Aberration whether you like it or not. The way I'm reading your question it pretty much translates to "should I get Aberration or should I get Aberration?"

1 hour ago, ciabattaroll said:

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to ask here. If you purchase the season pass then you get to own Aberration whether you like it or not. The way I'm reading your question it pretty much translates to "should I get Aberration or should I get Aberration?"

You're twisting his words, just by looking at the title you can see he means should he buy the new dlc, or just buy the season pass

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Klakky said:

You're twisting his words, just by looking at the title you can see he means should he buy the new dlc, or just buy the season pass

That's the thing I'm saying though. If he buys the season pass he gets the new dlc regardless.

6 hours ago, Klakky said:

that  wasnt his question though

I must be confused then.

On 9/8/2017 at 11:55 AM, TheTradersGuild said:

I'm wondering if I should buy ARK: Aberration, or I should buy the season pass? I already have scorched earth so I'm only getting 1 until spring 2018.

OP: Doesn't really matter which one you buy. You can pay more money now for another one later, or you can pay less money now and buy another DLC in the future. Either way, what you're getting is the exact same, and the only difference is the upfront price. It's up to you.

On September 8, 2017 at 3:50 PM, Bohica89 said:

Ark: Aberration will be $19.99 at launch just like Scorched Earth, but with the season pass, you get it for free.

If you will be playing ark for the entire season pass duration, then getting the season pass is justified as you will get all other expansions free as well.

For me its 55 for 2 dlcs, what the raptor, rip-off!!!

Since Wildcard is bad in delivering promises, personally I will wait until the actual release - will check playtests, reviews, forum comments to see if:
- the  content is good enough and justifies the price
- the game quality is good enough (bugs, chrashes, balance)
- wildcard provides enough servers to play on

When I see the criterias above fulfuilled I will buy the DLC. They cant put me on the hook with 5 eur discount :) It might happen until they reach the criteria I have on the DLC, we will have the Christmas sale anyway :P

i already own scorched but i'm not buying the new dlc or season pass because it annoys me that they have been working on that instead of using those resources to fix core game play problems that have been around for years. one of my biggest gripes is the building system. with as much memory problems consoles have you would think they would introduce behemoth walls and larger pieces like that to reduce the amount of structures the game has to render. wouldn't that have a huge impact on server performance on official as well as private dedis? not to mention the frustrating snap system that appears to still be in an alpha state. it seems like a no brainer to me but getting that next pay day seems to be more important to them than fixing the base game.    i can't trust that new dlc will be in working order when the stuff they already put out isn't.

I bought the Season Pass... already own SE... and got the 33% discount accordingly.

I absolutely know I want Aberration . ****ing take my money, already.

The question is 'Will you still play ARK in 2018, and thus want the unnamed DLC that is released at that time?"

... well, for me... I rephrase the question with this assumption: It is indeed possible that I get burned out with my current ARK game, and the follow up Aberration... by the time the new DLC is released. HOWEVER, a new DLC is the fresh take on the game that I would be damn interested in playing, so would anticipate restarting a new game at that time. 

49 minutes ago, Ganelon said:

I bought the Season Pass... already own SE... and got the 33% discount accordingly.

I absolutely know I want Aberration . ****ing take my money, already.

The question is 'Will you still play ARK in 2018, and thus want the unnamed DLC that is released at that time?"

... well, for me... I rephrase the question with this assumption: It is indeed possible that I get burned out with my current ARK game, and the follow up Aberration... by the time the new DLC is released. HOWEVER, a new DLC is the fresh take on the game that I would be damn interested in playing, so would anticipate restarting a new game at that time. 

+1 

Same here, already own SE, got 33% discount on pass. SE did provide a new experience, it was refreshing and challenging, I have equal expectations for Aberration and the pass seems to be the best deal if you are really into Ark.

Archived