Server pop help? ragnarock (Need other hosts advice)

Hi everyone, I've been hosting servers for over a year now and I'm hosting I believe my 7th one now. (I usually run 2 servers at time) I know a lot about ark and how to host/maintain a server. I'm here because I'm having trouble populating one of my servers. I advertise on here as well as reddit. The post contains all he crucial stats and rules. Admin logging is enable and it always has a low ping. I'd do events and activities to keep the player engaged. I've never really had a problem getting 20+ active players on a server before until ragnarock was released. This is a ragnarock server and i feel like since they released it there are so many other ragnarock servers right now that it is making it extremely difficult to populate a server. I know I could make it a super boosted server and have 50 connected players around the clock no problem, but I don't want to run this one like that. I've had too many bad experiences with hosting super boosted servers I don't want to do it again. This sever is lower (x5) and I can't even get 10 people to play! lol. I'm just wondering if any other hosts out there are having the same problem?

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, JoeSurvivor said:

Hi everyone, I've been hosting servers for over a year now and I'm hosting I believe my 7th one now. (I usually run 2 servers at time) I know a lot about ark and how to host/maintain a server. I'm here because I'm having trouble populating one of my servers. I advertise on here as well as reddit. The post contains all he crucial stats and rules. Admin logging is enable and it always has a low ping. I'd do events and activities to keep the player engaged. I've never really had a problem getting 20+ active players on a server before until ragnarock was released. This is a ragnarock server and i feel like since they released it there are so many other ragnarock servers right now that it is making it extremely difficult to populate a server. I know I could make it a super boosted server and have 50 connected players around the clock no problem, but I don't want to run this one like that. I've had too many bad experiences with hosting super boosted servers I don't want to do it again. This sever is lower (x5) and I can't even get 10 people to play! lol. I'm just wondering if any other hosts out there are having the same problem?

It all depends on how desperate you are but patience is key. You have to remember a lot more people are hosting nowadays too so there is so much more competition.

If you want to stand out from other hosts then you need to go for a niche setting. What can you provide that other hosts can't or don't care for.

With all that said though, presentation is also a big factor. Psychologically people are drawn to well presented stuff regardless of quality so if you advertise your server in a good manner, people will see you put the effort in.

Archived