Patch 269 Delay

Ugodzilla

I'm starting to become disappointed with the lack of communication about this update. It keeps getting delayed. At first I thought I was going crazy that they kept promising that they Tek Sword would be released during earlier patches, then I realized after the third time of the date switching it wasn't me.

I looked up their headquarters location and it is in Washington. If they are going to be delayed due to a hurricane on the other side of the continent (where developers work remote / VPN) then they should have someone at the headquarters take two minutes to state that. I was looking forward to playing with the new content during my vacation (which is coming to an end) and now it looks like it won't happen.

They still have it listed for September 8th, which means no urgency is present to let their customers know what is going on. My biggest complaint is that I know things happen that cause delays, but inform your customers about it. Just leaving state news / information just makes you look bad.

26 minutes ago, sathenzar said:

I'm starting to become disappointed with the lack of communication about this update. It keeps getting delayed. At first I thought I was going crazy that they kept promising that they Tek Sword would be released during earlier patches, then I realized after the third time of the date switching it wasn't me.

I looked up their headquarters location and it is in Washington. If they are going to be delayed due to a hurricane on the other side of the continent (where developers work remote / VPN) then they should have someone at the headquarters take two minutes to state that. I was looking forward to playing with the new content during my vacation (which is coming to an end) and now it looks like it won't happen.

They still have it listed for September 8th, which means no urgency is present to let their customers know what is going on. My biggest complaint is that I know things happen that cause delays, but inform your customers about it. Just leaving state news / information just makes you look bad.

Here is the quote DIRECTLY from the latest news post:

Unfortunately, we'll be skipping out on the Digest this week as Jeremy and the Florida Team prepare to survive against Hurricane Irma (it runs right through our Florida Office!) We're planning on having our next digest in the next edition of the crunch. In the mean time, be careful and stay safe Survivors!

The main tech team seems to be head-quartered in Florida.  The ARK devs are scattered all over the globe. Get off your entitlement and realize that people's LIVES are in danger and their LIVES and their families' lives take priority over getting the patch out.

EDIT: Here's a tweet from yesterday: 906114985163726848906114985163726848

Irma is currently a Category 3 hurricane, and is expected to strengthen before it hits Florida back to a Category 4 or 5. (EDIT: sorry my bad it is a low end Cat 4 right now. Expected to be a high end Cat 4 or Cat 5 by Florida landfall)

Here is NOAA's chart on Hurricane strength: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutsshws.php

(Having issues imbedding tweets... I can't see if they embedded correctly or not, but if they haven't check out the twitter account arkjeremy)

7 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

@Q

On twitter, left click on the date of the tweet, and click copy link, then paste that here.

https://twitter.com/arkjeremy/status/906114985163726848

Oh, I know how to do it.  My browser just won't let it happen.  Not sure which ad-block or script-block is preventing me from doing so.  Thanks though!

30 minutes ago, Q said:

Here is the quote DIRECTLY from the latest news post:

Unfortunately, we'll be skipping out on the Digest this week as Jeremy and the Florida Team prepare to survive against Hurricane Irma (it runs right through our Florida Office!) We're planning on having our next digest in the next edition of the crunch. In the mean time, be careful and stay safe Survivors!

The main tech team seems to be head-quartered in Florida.  The ARK devs are scattered all over the globe. Get off your entitlement and realize that people's LIVES are in danger and their LIVES and their families' lives take priority over getting the patch out.

EDIT: Here's a tweet from yesterday: 906114985163726848906114985163726848

Irma is currently a Category 3 hurricane, and is expected to strengthen before it hits Florida back to a Category 4 or 5. (EDIT: sorry my bad it is a low end Cat 4 right now. Expected to be a high end Cat 4 or Cat 5 by Florida landfall)

Here is NOAA's chart on Hurricane strength: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutsshws.php

(Having issues imbedding tweets... I can't see if they embedded correctly or not, but if they haven't check out the twitter account arkjeremy)

Before you get all high and mighty with your insults behind your keyboard, maybe you should realize that they scatter their information all over the place, which makes it hard to figure out where to look. Here is their official forum thread on the update:

No where do I see them stating that it will be delayed. There official site should always be up to date, then the social threads afterwards. I don't use twitter and I shouldn't have to. I should to able to use the companies OFFICIAL site to get the updated information. If social media is the primary outlet, then just take down the forum outlet since it isn't being updated.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, sathenzar said:

Before you get all high and mighty with your insults behind your keyboard, maybe you should realize that they scatter their information all over the place, which makes it hard to figure out where to look. Here is their official forum thread on the update:

No where do I see them stating that it will be delayed. There official site should always be up to date, then the social threads afterwards. I don't use twitter and I shouldn't have to. I should to able to use the companies OFFICIAL site to get the updated information. If social media is the primary outlet, then just take down the forum outlet since it isn't being updated.

This forum servers many other purposes than hosting patch notes.

7 minutes ago, sathenzar said:

Calm down.

Patches have been late before.

14 minutes ago, sathenzar said:

Look at the front page and read their news posts maybe?

I got the bolded quote directly from there: Unfortunately, we'll be skipping out on the Digest this week as Jeremy and the Florida Team prepare to survive against Hurricane Irma (it runs right through our Florida Office!) We're planning on having our next digest in the next edition of the crunch. In the mean time, be careful and stay safe Survivors!

1 hour ago, sathenzar said:

I never know where to look as different information  is placed in different spots around the web.

I'm not a huge fan of twitter either, but I do understand that it can be a handy "on the go" option for posting quick updates as opposed to detailed forum posts.

I think you might find this link handy whenever you have a question regarding the latest developer communications.

ARK DEV TRACKER

3 hours ago, Jerryn said:

This forum servers many other purposes than hosting patch notes.

Ok wise one ( yes that is sarcasm) pls tell us scrubs just what this forum is for if it's not to keep ppl informed about the state of the game ???

I know this may sound a tad crazy but most sane game developers keep the client base informed via there own website, why WC  posts info on 3rd party media sites before this one makes no sense at all.

1 hour ago, ranger1presents said:

I'm not a huge fan of twitter either, but I do understand that it can be a handy "on the go" option for posting quick updates as opposed to detailed forum posts.

I think you might find this link handy whenever you have a question regarding the latest developer communications.

ARK DEV TRACKER

Thank you for that link. I appreciate it :) I wasn't trying to sound like someone throwing a tantrum. I was just disappointed I couldn't find the official word on it. I will see if I can stay up-to-date via that link and the twitter feed mentioned in earlier posts (which looks like it is covered by the dev tracker, so that might not even be necessary now).

7 hours ago, EvilHarry said:

Ok wise one ( yes that is sarcasm) pls tell us scrubs just what this forum is for if it's not to keep ppl informed about the state of the game ???

I know this may sound a tad crazy but most sane game developers keep the client base informed via there own website, why WC  posts info on 3rd party media sites before this one makes no sense at all.

I'll bite...

The old days of forums being the 'be all end all' of company/customer communication is over. Forum users have always been a fraction of a game's player base. The front page use to be the best place to deliver news, but with Social Media pushes, more eyes get the messages in a timelier fashion. Facebook, Twitter, and even Reddit... get more eyes than this forum by order of magnitude. It's not over close. Now... that being said... it is poor planning to not coordinate all information on all platforms, simply because it does stand out that the forum appears to be lagging in timeliness for the info(although it does always get the info later the same day).

Why is there a forum? Share useful information? Ha! That's old talk... we have YouTube for tips and tricks. Nope... Apparently... this is for 'forumesque' people to rant, argue, and goof off. That's it. 

Archived