Jump to content
Scipizoa

HELP!! ?bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true

Recommended Posts

Ok i need a final clanrification, as to where this goes, i had it in my command line, used a mindwipe to boost crafting skill[which is a joke imo since its randomized] at lvl 115, it worked, then i went to drink another to revert back, and would't let me, 

Consume was greyed out, I had success with the mindwipe classic mod, but the mod author told me it had to go into GUS.ini, but i don't think thats right because it was the ? at the start, symbolizing its a command line entry. and tbh i don't want to keep the mindwipe mod, why should i use a mod to do something a so called "command"should be letting me do in the first place.

what else can i do besides creating a new character,  or  where is this command supposed to really go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Scipizoa I assume that you are playing singleplayer so maybe I need a little help from other players explaining this.

When You use the ?bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true you are making the same as if you have written in game.ini file under the [/script/shootergame.shootergamemode] bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true. Now the problem would be to locate the game.ini that is loaded when you start the singleplayer game, after founding it you should edit the file pasting AllowUnlimitedRespecs=true in it and (this is important) make it "read only" because if not when you start the game they will be empty.

Hope this helps, The path to the file I think is this "<Path of Steam installation>\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor" but I have a dedicated server so I have not played a lot on single.

Regards.

Edited by VIKAS
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No  its my server,   heres alittle more insight.

 

 i had it in game.ini the first time, as bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true i used a vanilla mindwipe at lvl 115,

Then i couldn't use another, then i installed the mindwipe classic mod because the mod dev said he "might" have found a fix for why some toons max level toons aren't able to use a vanilla mindwipe anymore, so i wiped again with his mod, uninstalled it, and... still can't use vanilla mindwipes, that is my issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Scipizoa said:

No  its my server,   heres alittle more insight.

 

 i had it in game.ini the first time, as bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true i used a vanilla mindwipe at lvl 115,

Then i couldn't use another, then i installed the mindwipe classic mod because the mod dev said he "might" have found a fix for why some toons max level toons aren't able to use a vanilla mindwipe anymore, so i wiped again with his mod, uninstalled it, and... still can't use vanilla mindwipes, that is my issue.

which game.ini have you tried? Because i believe for (windows)dedicated server you need to use one in Saved/Config/WindowsServer/

or maybe even in both WindowsServer and Windowsnoeditor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Scipizoa said:

the only one my host "hosthavoc" provides for me

 

1 hour ago, Scipizoa said:

No  its my server,   heres alittle more insight.

 

 i had it in game.ini the first time, as bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true i used a vanilla mindwipe at lvl 115,

Then i couldn't use another, then i installed the mindwipe classic mod because the mod dev said he "might" have found a fix for why some toons max level toons aren't able to use a vanilla mindwipe anymore, so i wiped again with his mod, uninstalled it, and... still can't use vanilla mindwipes, that is my issue.

If it's your server and not singleplayer then the path of the Game.ini should be  <Your_server_path>\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\Game.ini

When you has it opened put the line "bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=True" without the quotation marks under the section script/shootergame.shootergamemode

It should look like this

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]

<Your other options>

bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=True

Save the file, restart the server and try it again. I have my own hosted server and can respec without problems.

Test it, If you are not able after the restart go to the game.ini and look if the option it's in it, it should be isn't it?. (if its not overwritten. I don't know how a hosted server service do these things).

Good luck and Regards.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VIKAS said:

 

If it's your server and not singleplayer then the path of the Game.ini should be  <Your_server_path>\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\Game.ini

When you has it opened put the line "bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=True" without the quotation marks under the section script/shootergame.shootergamemode

It should look like this

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]

<Your other options>

bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=True

Save the file, restart the server and try it again. I have my own hosted server and can respec without problems.

Test it, If you are not able after the restart go to the game.ini and look if the option it's in it, it should be isn't it?. (if its not overwritten. I don't know how a hosted server service do these things).

Good luck and Regards.

First, Love the MS Pic.


it works for other players but not me,  i think its some kinda  bug that happens if your capped, and already used a mindwipe,.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't use Host Havoc...but wouldn't Filezilla still work for making changes to Host Havoc servers? That's what I use to make changes to my rented server. You just need the IP, username, and password that you yourself should have as the server's renter (if Host Havoc gives this that is...I would assume they do, but I use SurvivalServers soooo...).

Either way, it has to go in your servers GameUserSettings.ini. For me mine is found in Shootergame < Saved < Config < WindowsServer < GameUserSettings.ini (using Filezilla to remotely access it from my server host).

Just make sure it's at the end of the very FIRST list of commands. I did a goof once and put it at the very BOTTOM of the document and it just didn't work. Make sure you save afterwards. Good luck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok...  the issue really isn't whether   i'm able to change the files or not,  fact of the matter is,  i don't use their site to edit files,  i use winscp if yall must know,  i'm a veteran server owner,  from ark to tf2/lfd2  etc,  and i once never used cookie cutter scripts, etc,  the issue i am having is that ballowunlimrespecs command doesn't seem to be working on my already max level character whose already taken a mindwipe at that level,  and whose also tried a modded mindwipe to trick the game into thinking the vanilla mindwipes should work, but even that has failed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, unless you use mods, you're screwed. I have a Lvl 100 character that used a Mindwipe Tonic before the server admin added the ?bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true command, and i'm completely locked out of using Mindwipes unless there's a mod like "Classic Mindwipes" or "Mindwipe Re-Evolved" on the server.

The ?bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true command is not retroactive at all.

Edited by Daedros
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Daedros said:

Yep, unless you use mods, you're screwed. I have a Lvl 100 character that used a Mindwipe Tonic before the server admin added the ?bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true command, and i'm completely locked out of using Mindwipes unless there's a mod like "Classic Mindwipes" or "Mindwipe Re-Evolved" on the server.

The ?bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=true command is not retroactive at all.

actually, your still safe,  if you ascend,  even to gamma,  those 5 extra levels will allow you to use vanilla mindwipes once more, and even after

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scipizoa said:

actually, your still safe,  if you ascend,  even to gamma,  those 5 extra levels will allow you to use vanilla mindwipes once more, and even after

Yeah, but as a small tribe (usually only 2-3 active at a time), it's going to be damn near impossible to complete the Tek Cave and the new Overseer boss.

Edited by Daedros

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Daedros said:

Yeah, but as a small tribe (usually only 2-3 active at a time), it's going to be damn near impossible to complete the Tek Cave and the new Overseer boss.

unless your offical  and overseer on gamma's not that hard,   afew nicely bred rexes  and well,  gg,  but even if you can't bring dino's in,     its not hard at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found another topic on here..

 

according to this post: https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/207091-ballowunlimitedrespecs-is-not-working/&do=findComment&comment=1213056

and it reads:

problem is if you use mindwipe on other map of the island witch bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=True you player.arkprofile take flag: {"name":"CharacterStatusComponent_LastRespecAtExtraCharacterLevel","type":"IntProperty","value":xx}

xx = lv on last respect

if you profile have this flag you can't use new mindwipe on all map with bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=True on same lv[\quote]

Hope that helps to anyone having issues, apparently they have a work around using ark tools, but i could never get it working sadly, main cuz ark tools kept throwing errors,  more info is at that link

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×