max wild dino levels?

Demigod

i read somewhere that when the island was the only map, the highest dino spawn was 120; when the center came our, dino spawns were at 150; is ragnarok following this pattern? will wild dino's spawn at even higher levels?

i have so far only seen 150 on rag so i can't confirm if they can be higher or not. although i have been killed by a level 420 bat, i'm pretty sure it came from the castle.

18 minutes ago, Demigod said:

i read somewhere that when the island was the only map, the highest dino spawn was 120; when the center came our, dino spawns were at 150; is ragnarok following this pattern? will wild dino's spawn at even higher levels?

i have so far only seen 150 on rag so i can't confirm if they can be higher or not. although i have been killed by a level 420 bat, i'm pretty sure it came from the castle.

120 was the max before, then 150 on the center, then they standardized it at 150. Max on rag is 150 also. Anything level 150+ is from special caves, like the swamp cave on the island

For all official servers, all maps, all tamable dinos have a max level of 150. The exception to this rule is the Wyvern eggs. These can be level 190 Max. But technically you are not taming those, you are raising them.

Caves do not follow this rule and depending on where you are some caves have level 450+ creatures, none of which are supposed to be tameable. (those that are above level 150)

For example, the swamp cave on Island has many creatures well above the 150 level, which none are supposed to be tamable. While there are some creatures in this cave (Megalania) which are tamable, all of which you will find at level 150 or less. Several other caves have similar set-ups, Megalosaurus being an example in other caves.

Ascension caves and Boss fights both have creatures, depending on the difficulty level you pick, that go from 400's+ on Gamma setting, all the way to 620 or so for the Alpha setting. None of these are tamable.

• 4 months later...
On 09.09.2017 at 12:57 AM, Jkyle37 said:

That's cool, when did they do that?

If i remember right devs make Difficult=5.0 (150cap for usual wild dino) for all official maps (3 at that time and 5 nowadays: The Island, The Center, Scorched Earth + Ragnarok and Aberration) at previous winter (2016-2017). At the same time devs make old x2 multipliers to be x1 now.

Palenor said good and right for how i know about all of this kind of information. Usual dinos have 1-30 levels multiplayed by map/server difficult, but Wyvern and Drake have 1-38 levels so they cap is 38*5=190lvl.

If i know and remember right. And sorry if my english is too bad for understanding.

• 8 months later...
On 9/8/2017 at 2:42 PM, DiloFodder said:

on Ragnarok I have found that wyverns from the trench can go up to lvl 185, I presume that means they can reach 200 but 185 is the highest I've run into (xbox SP)

If your on difficulty 5 to mimic official then 190 is max wyv lvl. I find maybe 1 190 egg for every 3 185s i find.

On 9/8/2017 at 11:31 AM, Demigod said:

On official, only dinos that spawn in caves go above lvl 150.

Those dinos cannot be tamed, but there are some exceptions...

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived