Phoenix 3x more common to find on SE

DragonEnchantress

From my limited experience on unofficial messing with them, it seems 1 will spawn from a natural heatwave (not admin forced) and if it is not tamed, it will still be around and a second will spawn from the next natural heatwave. i think the max is 4.

Ones that have naturally spawned in will be reborn with admin forced heatwave events, but once those are tamed you must wait for the next natural heat wave.

Of the 8 we tamed, five were level 20 two were level 70 and one was 125. we found them over the ravine in the center of the map, or near the end of the ravine by blue ob or near the wyvern scar. goodluck ;)

-edit all this was my observations and any or all may not be correct. also subject to changes by the devs. :|

On official I haven't been seeing any for the last couple of days. Really odd because the first day or so I kept seeing them as people chased them down. Now though even seeing one has become an exercise in futility. So not sure where the 3x is coming from but on my server that 3x is not reflected in the amount of birds spawning.

So on my unofficial with S+ Tek Transmitter, there is an option to scan for dinos. Some limited testing has revealed after the patch there are 3 phoenix on the map at any given time. When one is tamed even outside of the heat wave (had one glitch and still be visible after the heat wave) they are immediately replaced by a new one. Still needs further testing but it seems like once they spawn they will fly randomly around and can be anywhere including the dunes.

Archived