Repurposed Server Maps?

Mavrick
Message added by Captnmorgan

Um, can you guys clarify coz Im also in the dark here.  So in able to get the saved files from killed servers, would that mean you didnt migrate and let all your stuff as it is during the wipe?  I really want to know coz I want to bring home my first tamed ptera a year ago.  If not, ill upload her in the OB and let her expire there.

5 hours ago, noodaboy said:

Um, can you guys clarify coz Im also in the dark here.  So in able to get the saved files from killed servers, would that mean you didnt migrate and let all your stuff as it is during the wipe?  I really want to know coz I want to bring home my first tamed ptera a year ago.  If not, ill upload her in the OB and let her expire there.

You would be able to download file and run it on a personal server, or maybe even single player. But if you did migrate with your ptera to a different server before the shutdown. you will not be able to get it back to the server you left. As you won't be able to join the cluster the legacy servers are on. But yes I left all my stuff as it was. So when I am able to get the save, everything should be like nothing's happened. 

18 hours ago, JKnapp said:

There are many people that want to know.  I'm one of them. But they seem to be refusing to give any intel about them. It's really frustrating as there stuff there I would like to save. Even if I only save it for single player. 

I don't see why they won't tell us.  We just want to get our dinos and items and move them to our own 'legacy' server which, of course, a single server my tribe and friends play on when official wont let us connect.  We moved almost 500 dinos there for bringing home later, and its almost 2 weeks now.  Why do PS4 get theirs and we get ignored. :(

2 hours ago, edskelly said:

The way they have handled this is a disgrace

Problem is, WildCard is too busy patting themselves on the back and congratulating each other for a job well done.  Problem is job isn't done.  They probably only got the PS4 saves to nitrado because I believe they own part or all of nitrado, so it means more money for them.  Right now they are most likely trying to come up with a way to monetize this even though they said they would provide the link to download them.

Here is a suggestion, use google drive.  This way you don't get hammered and you can share the link to the folder where they are stored.  I suggest 1 zip file per server you closed.  This way people can scroll through and find the file they want.

2 hours ago, Mavrick said:

Problem is, WildCard is too busy patting themselves on the back and congratulating each other for a job well done.  Problem is job isn't done.  They probably only got the PS4 saves to nitrado because I believe they own part or all of nitrado, so it means more money for them.  Right now they are most likely trying to come up with a way to monetize this even though they said they would provide the link to download them.

Here is a suggestion, use google drive.  This way you don't get hammered and you can share the link to the folder where they are stored.  I suggest 1 zip file per server you closed.  This way people can scroll through and find the file they want.

Really, there are plenty of legit things to complain about for those wanting to sling crap about the game - why do people keep resorting to flipping fantasies? Where do people keep getting the idea WIldcard makes a damn penny off of unofficial server hosting?
They don't earn on unofficials, they spend on officials. Recurrently. For players that paid a one-time entrance fee. The bastards!

Nitrado is a company owned by marbis GmbH. Nitrado was founded in 2001, and today is the leading provider in the area of Gameserver, Cloud Server, application hosting with an unique system, which administers gameservers and further hosting applications dynamically and completely automated in the Cloud. We are working with hundreds of Gaming Editors, Publishers, Studios such as: Electronic Arts, Wildcard Studio (ARK), Bohemia Interactive (Arma 3), Mojang/Microsoft (Minecraft, Facepunch Studios (Rust), Giants Software & Focus Home Interactive (Farming Simulator), Eleon Game Studios (Empyrion), The Fun Pimps (7 days to die), The Indie Stone (Project Zomboid), Keen Software House (Medieval Engineers & Space Engineers) and much more.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/marbis-gmbh

3 hours ago, Housatonic said:

Really, there are plenty of legit things to complain about for those wanting to sling crap about the game - why do people keep resorting to flipping fantasies? Where do people keep getting the idea WIldcard makes a damn penny off of unofficial server hosting?
They don't earn on unofficials, they spend on officials. Recurrently. For players that paid a one-time entrance fee. The bastards!

You didn't understand what I said, read again.

28 minutes ago, Mavrick said:

So, can't we get an update or not.  Do we have to type in all caps and rage mode so they notice?  Seems the only way to get a response now days.

Have you tried Twitter or Reddit maybe ? 

The attention those two platforms get compared to these forums is like 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 to 1.

4 minutes ago, edskelly said:

Youd think theyd release all the saves sooner rather than later as its in their best interest.

Many people will take them and never log back on their legacy server,dropping numbers quicker so they can wipe.

Exactly.  Less people on legacy means they can kill off more servers.  I'm only feeding and resetting bases, nothing more.  Hopefully the three servers ive bases on will be up for wipe next time.

3 hours ago, edskelly said:

Same.

And it only becomes "spam" due to a deadline not being met and no statement on the issue.

We wouldnt be talking about this right now if they had done what they said they would do or given us an update.

Their too tired from patting each other on the back and doing hi5 for the great job of launch.  Still can't play most of the time, usually 70/70 on a daily basis.

I'll do the same then.

Its actually becoming quite funny asking about it on every dev tweet only to watch them ignore my question and answer a bunch of others.

I have been screenshoting it all and have just spoken to a big name in the games industry over here in Australia who want to do a review on the game covering everything from how the game runs,official servers to customer service and support.

It turns out they had overlooked the legacy saves issue and were very interested in what i had to say.

On 9/9/2017 at 6:17 AM, Housatonic said:

If you don't think WC/Snail and Nitrado have a reciprocal agreement relating to the number of unofficial servers that WC can shift Nitrado's way and WC's official hosting costs, you know nothing about how business works.

Additionally, I'd be willing to bet that the hold up on the UMP/Win10 hosting for Xbox is related not to technical concerns but rather to business concerns related to WC's and Nitrado's close relationship.  At this point, I don't believe a word out of the devs' mouths when it comes to technical issues.

Archived