PR Disaster

Zainwolf

21 hours ago, ninjaridz said:

I can only agree with most of what's been said above and this comment in particular!

Unfortunately this has been a issue for well over a year now and I can only see it getting worse imo. As we've ended production of the game and moved into the selling phase of development you will slowly see customer service dwindle to nothing.

The thing that killed ark for me was the continuous sprouting of there  (wc) mantra "we're building a game with our community" while continuing to ignore issues. 

I spent two weeks trying to bring an issue too the developer's, multiple theads were created here explaining the problem only for them (wc) to announce on twitter I might add that they (wc) knew nothing about this issue!! Pfff well if you just looked at your official site your directing people too you may of known about it sighhh.

What's worse, we need to track news via arkdevtracker.com and read their twitters to get any up to date information. What I found totally unacceptable is they use their private twitters for official company communication. So instead of getting information about the game, we read about irrevelant things to game's development such as community manager's holiday in details. -_-

Fine, they can share such private things via twitter, but do that on seperate account if it's possible. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

Flashback to january 2016, Winter event is just gone, people have been complaining for at least 3 week about the cold temp everywhere killing all the new players every 2 min everywhere on the map, at the same moment that they had put the game on sales at around 7$ to bring new players, also complaining about the snow everywhere blinding us during days. They finally did bother answering concerns like 2 week after the event. TheRightHand said that they knew they were bad at communicating but they had no intention of getting better at it, takes too much time and efforts.

Fast foward up to now, well they stayed true to that. Milking the cows is and will always be the priority on the list, outputting a quality product and communication is at the very bottom of that list.

It's not lack of comminucation skills, it's a lack of will. Don't expect them to get better at it, to them , it's not important.

Oh right, now I called to my mind that TheRightHand's post. He did say that. It was really pathetic. In other companies that care about PR, he would have been given a sack. However, I think he is untouchable,  because he is one of a few gameplay designers that WC has. 

In Wildcard lacks one thing, punishments for mistakes. In the studio those people know each other pretty well thus no one is getting punishment for bad job. In the end there is nothing that keeps employees in line. Something really terrible or disgusting would have to happen to make WC fire someone. 

I am a player of PVE with almost 5000 hours of game that already is until the eggs of the retardomental of those who organize as one has to play in a game that in principle was of survival with the surroundings, and happened to be a game to break the balls , the last having to carry in the inventory for 30 minutes an object to be able to send it to another server

I'm moving to another server, dismantling my bases to send the material and I see it will take me a month to send 100 packages of materials ?? the one who designed this was drunk or was he smoking something?

I sincerely do not know whether it is a game or a social psychology experiment, because there is nothing more than the forums of discontented people

I wonder how the mixed reviews are affecting sales... that might get their attention since we apparently can't.

Their focus seems to be mostly on console players right now, they get attention and the community managers have been boasting of adding hundreds of servers for them. Meanwhile Oceanic PVE players only get ONE Ragnarok server and no queue, so of course it's almost always full, sometimes late into the night and it's a dice roll whether I can actually play or not.

I wonder how much server overhead all the frustrated players trying to join repeatedly cause?

Oceanic PC players aren't big enough of a market for them to care, so I guess it's either private server, singleplayer, or another game for me. Too bad if I enjoy playing on official PVE. :-(

WC I am beyond disappointed in your lack of communication and support and this is reflected in my Steam review, which I stand firmly by.

9 hours ago, Carny said:

Wait till you finally get on and get destroyed every night by a 40+ strong tribe who have nothing better to do than grief new players for joining "their" server...

In alpha's defense, there is always a noob who builds EXACTLY on the griffin spawns. Really though. 

On 9/7/2017 at 11:57 PM, StormLord said:

Huh. Too bad the game is getting good reviews. 72% on Metacritic. 7.7/10 on IGN. 3.7/5 on MMOs.com. Average player review on Gamespot is 7.2. 72% on PC gamer. That's all just from 30 seconds on Google. Weird that it's a "PR disaster." Please, tell me more.

How is 72% a "good review"? That's a C-grade, and they are charging AA price for this thing. I'd still be worried about ARK's survival in the marketplace, even if the price had remained $29.95. At $60, it's doomed.

On 9/8/2017 at 8:16 AM, WarriorCupcake said:

So, knowing that I'll probably be trolled for this... I still need to say it.

Your game is absolutely amazing and thank you for working so hard on it.

-Cupcake

Your game **was** absolutely amazing **before you wrecked it with:

*heavy-handed balance changes focused solely at pvp, while ignoring the enormous pve playerbase you once had

*Very little/no attention to major bugs over the course of Early Access

*No optimization for PC - at all, despite how terribly it runs even on the fastest systems, relative to other new titles with similar or superior visuals.

*Paid DLC during Early Access - shameful

*Server transfers with levels, inventory, and dinos - during TEK tier's introduction (is this fixed, or is WildCard foolish enough to have left it in? I don't play ARK any more - uninstalled in April) This one is truly a game-breaker, especially on pvp servers.

*Poor pathing for land dinos - they get stuck on small rocks... even the large dinos.

*New interface which made the grind worse.

FTFY

I loved this game, up until it became clear the developers do not care about their customers/community at all. This game was fun during the first 75% or so of early access. Heavy-handed, foolhardy balance changes during the last 9 months, and the glaring avoidance of major bugs over time did nothing to inspire confidence in the developers. These devs are very good at creating new dinosaurs, terrible at game balance, and completely uninterested in PR.

Studio WildCard had an amazing idea, with enormous potential... But over time, they have squandered this opportunity, made terrible business decisions like the foolhardy release of Paid DLC during early access, and completely ignored their early adopters when public outcry happened over major mistakes/oversights.

Get your act together, guys. Hire a change-manager, or fire the one you have and hire someone who knows how to perform that job. You can still keep ARK from sinking, but time is running out. Start reading and listening to community comments, or watch ARK slip beneath the waves. Personally, I'd love to see the game come back to life - it was enormously fun before the past 9 months of changes tore it to shreds.

On 8.9.2017 at 8:57 AM, StormLord said:

Huh. Too bad the game is getting good reviews. 72% on Metacritic. 7.7/10 on IGN. 3.7/5 on MMOs.com. Average player review on Gamespot is 7.2. 72% on PC gamer. That's all just from 30 seconds on Google. Weird that it's a "PR disaster." Please, tell me more.

being paid too give agood review is a scam for their "veiwed on " PR. its fake news,  a critic of a game can suddenly feel good and then give a overly positive review WITHOUT properly playing the game. if someone reviews ark with only 10 hours do you think they know all about the game? no they havnet, they been hunting dodos for hide and and hitting threes, they havent spent days in days out getting too a decent metal base, that will take you 100 hours ish if you dont get raided by that time, your lucky.

My last ticket was closed without a response (other than the email to say it was being closed without a response).  It was a legitimate issue.  I opened a 2nd ticket which hasn't been responded to in a week.  I'm guessing they're dealing with a release day traffic jam and subsequent aftershocks.  At least I'm hoping that's true and that the air will start flowing again soon.

Archived