Shadow7770

Transponder nodes stop working and disappear

Yeah this is bs =3= I play on Xbox one and Tamed a argentavis that was lvl 145 and it tamed out and 217 and got it to lvl 254 and gave it a node so I could track it. Went to swamp to see if I could tame anything saw a 130 Dimetrodon in the water and came back up to grab my narcotics and POOF! My bird was nowhere to be seen and the node wasn’t working either.. took me a little while to get that bird too ;-;

Edited by Deon

transponder nodes is there a fix for this yet i made 16 set each one to it own frequency all worked fin e u till the next day reload the game and there all gone not one worked...i have made this about 4 times i give up now a lot a work and time ...i have read about this so i know how to set them up in  the game..

A year down the line and the transponder nodes are still vanishing off the dinos and it doesnt look as if it is gonna get sorted anytime soon Maybe they should remove them from the game altogether and then players wouldnt spend a considerable amount of time gathering the resources to have the item glitch out after an hour or when they log off

Im playing single player on the PS4 and i would love to hear from anyone who got the transponder nodes to work for a considerable length of time Very shoddy work devs 

Edited by phil195758

Hi,
I have been determined to find the issue with the transponder nodes as the developers don't seem to want to fix it, or perhaps my information may help them and hopefully other players too.  I want to have dinosaurs wandering and appreciate they may sometimes escape through walls, this wouldn't be much of an issue with working transponder nodes.
When the bug occurs, as we all know transponder nodes just disappear "at random".
I will assume you know how to set the frequency, or stick with the default frequency of 70.
Some transponder nodes are reliable and I have had at most three in a single save game which have remained permanently.  "Permanent" nodes are nodes which still work after some have vanished, and they will remain indefinitely, regardless of saving/loading.

So here is what I found:
When saving and exiting the game, transponder nodes appear to save correctly.
When loading the game, transponder nodes are consumed from your inventory and "re-attached" to all dinos, providing you have sufficient transponder nodes.  If not, all of the bugged nodes will disappear.  However, if you had your transponder tracker equipped when saving and exiting the game, no nodes are consumed during the next game load.

In the meantime, there is a workaround: Simply equip your Transponder Tracker before saving and exiting the game, and when the game loads next, transponder nodes won't be consumed from your inventory.  This works even if you don't have any transponder nodes in your inventory (you don't even need one in your left hand).

I may perform further tests with new save games to see if I can find when the bug starts in the first place.  I also noted that teleporting, saving when out of range (draw distance), transponder frequencies used and type of dino makes no difference whatsoever.

The developers don't support single player mode but many of us have had this problem and it would be great if they could fix it for us!

Testing was performed on Xbox One however the same bug appears to affect all platforms so the workaround should be the same.  If you don't want to keep getting resources, you could enable Creative Mode to obtain some transponder nodes free of charge.  Then disable Creative Mode when you've finished attaching/testing.

Hope this helps somebody :)

Edited by RMD8000

I didn't know Devs don't support single player mode maybe our money is different from everybody else's  Appreciate your research and I will defo be following your suggestions and thank you for putting it the time and effort looking for a fix to this bug and posting your findings on here Will report back in a few days and let u know how it went

If I get the same results on the PS4 as u got on the xbox I will b a happy man Thanks again

I followed your advice about equipping the transponder before I logged off and has worked for me everytime so thanks for the advice The one time I forgot to do this all the nodes had vanished including the ones I had put on my dinos so if anybody wants to use nodes on there dinos then they will have to do it as you described Just a pity the devs couldn't have sorted it out instead of leaving it to the customers to do there job for them ? Cheers

Thank You for your feedback and I'm glad to hear the workaround is also working for PS4!  I submitted a support ticket about this and an artifact not spawning, that's when the devs replied stating they don't support single player.  I encourage  everybody with this bug to submit a support ticket anyway, they may not know how many players have the bug etc and would be great if they could fix It one day.

I'm sure you will forget a few more times!  The best method is to have sufficient nodes in your inventory for these situations, for example if the game crashes and you didn't have the transponder equipped at the last auto-save.

There are two methods to obtain nodes without using resources, which I don't see as cheating while the bug remains:
Enable Creative Mode, craft plenty of nodes.
Admin Command giveitemnum 373 50 0 0 will give you 50 nodes, repeat as many times as required.
Once you have more than enough nodes (check tame limit), save and exit. Reload and see how many you lost, and therefore how many you need to keep in your inventory for none to disappear.
I use this as a backup in case I forget to equip the transponder tracker.  224 tames all with currently working nodes could take some time to restore...

Some other info I have noted the last few days which may be related:
Deleted local save data, reinstalled game completely and synced save data from Xbox Live - no difference.
Deleted local save data, created new character for The Center - no difference and bug still present on this map.
I have a discrepancy between the number of dinos I recorded since starting a new save game and the number shown by the Tame Limit, perhaps the missing nodes are related to this.
Deleting local save games only clears individual map data; characters are not deleted.  Potentially could be a corrupt global/character save file.  I intend to test this offline so my Xbox live save isn't deleted, I don't really want to delete The Island map I have now unless it's a permanent fix.
The Giant Bee although tameable cannot be fitted with a transponder node.  All other dinos as of the current release are trackable.
If no text appears, set frequency again, wait around 10 seconds before trying again.  The delay must be at least as long as the text would normally be displayed for.

I'll update here if I have any further information which may be of use.  Glad to hear you can use them now and don't forget to equip the tracker!

Now I remember about equipping the Transponder every time? Found the spawning tip online a few days back and I try to spawn in 50 nodes like u say and I got a 100 so no problem there but I realise what I did wrong when it comes to the amount I wanted

I will but in a support ticket and encourage my mates to do the same because most of them play on consoles and  they are in the same position as us and a few more tickets might encourage the Devs to look at it and make an effort to solve the problem

Thanks again for the transponder tip and I hope everything works out for you and your 224 tames lol

Thank you and hopefully they will fix it, it's a great feature for us console players who don't even have a tame list!  You're welcome and Good Luck with your and your friend's Arks too :)

I can confirm after deleting all save data, starting over including creating a brand new character, the bug is still present.  So we can rule out a corrupt save file.  We will just have to keep using the workaround and hope the developers fix this in the not too distant future.

Edited by RMD8000

On 10/16/2018 at 2:06 PM, RMD8000 said:

Thank You for your feedback and I'm glad to hear the workaround is also working for PS4!  I submitted a support ticket about this and an artifact not spawning, that's when the devs replied stating they don't support single player.  I encourage  everybody with this bug to submit a support ticket anyway, they may not know how many players have the bug etc and would be great if they could fix It one day.

I'm sure you will forget a few more times!  The best method is to have sufficient nodes in your inventory for these situations, for example if the game crashes and you didn't have the transponder equipped at the last auto-save.

There are two methods to obtain nodes without using resources, which I don't see as cheating while the bug remains:
Enable Creative Mode, craft plenty of nodes.
Admin Command giveitemnum 373 50 0 0 will give you 50 nodes, repeat as many times as required.
Once you have more than enough nodes (check tame limit), save and exit. Reload and see how many you lost, and therefore how many you need to keep in your inventory for none to disappear.
I use this as a backup in case I forget to equip the transponder tracker.  224 tames all with currently working nodes could take some time to restore...

Some other info I have noted the last few days which may be related:
Deleted local save data, reinstalled game completely and synced save data from Xbox Live - no difference.
Deleted local save data, created new character for The Center - no difference and bug still present on this map.
I have a discrepancy between the number of dinos I recorded since starting a new save game and the number shown by the Tame Limit, perhaps the missing nodes are related to this.
Deleting local save games only clears individual map data; characters are not deleted.  Potentially could be a corrupt global/character save file.  I intend to test this offline so my Xbox live save isn't deleted, I don't really want to delete The Island map I have now unless it's a permanent fix.
The Giant Bee although tameable cannot be fitted with a transponder node.  All other dinos as of the current release are trackable.
If no text appears, set frequency again, wait around 10 seconds before trying again.  The delay must be at least as long as the text would normally be displayed for.

I'll update here if I have any further information which may be of use.  Glad to hear you can use them now and don't forget to equip the tracker!

The developers don't reply to support tickets, GMs do. They aren't developers, tech support or anything remotely similar. All they do is intercept the tickets and are a waste of space. They don't seem to read most tickets at all and supposedly they pass tickets on to the people who can fix the issue but there's no evidence that they do. I've been contacted by 2 that didn't even understand what a router port was. 

On 10/12/2018 at 11:43 PM, phil195758 said:

I didn't know Devs don't support single player mode maybe our money is different from everybody else's  Appreciate your research and I will defo be following your suggestions and thank you for putting it the time and effort looking for a fix to this bug and posting your findings on here Will report back in a few days and let u know how it went

If I get the same results on the PS4 as u got on the xbox I will b a happy man Thanks again

He's confused the developers with the GMs. When he was talking about the ticket it was answered by a GM not a developer. Not that really matters as neither helps anybody 

Yup issue still exists and is so frustrating. Easy to say just respawn new ones but there is enough to micromanage in the game already. You only notice the transponders bug out when you need them, ie your main flyer loses your supporting pack (eg after using a speed up egg) and you only find out when you get home. I’ve spent hours trying to reacquire and wasted a lot of time and resource making trackers for everything only to discover they disappeared along with my dinos. I’m still missing one with all my best gear on it I lost a couple of days ago. with ‘tracker’ attached. More like kacker.

Edited by Zoglet

This bug is still present. It would be great if it could be fixed.

I've tested this dozens of times. Some transponder nodes last for several days and others disappear within minutes after applying. They will all eventually disappear. I caught 1 disappear right before my eyes. It just vanishes. It doesn't fall off. It just suddenly is gone, as if it is getting randomly deleted by the game engine.

Edited by MagicMindMaster

I don’t believe that they don’t support single player, it’s there after all isn’t it?

I sincerely hope that’s the case anyway. I had a pretty hard trial by fire in this game, starting on an official pvp server and being troll fodder for two months before going SP and haven’t looked back. Now absolutely love the game and play it exclusively.

I would therefore also ask the dev team very kindly if they would be so good as to review this issue. I play exclusively on Xbox SP and think the transponder is a great idea, obviously added because it was of value. To have it ‘available’ and basically discover after the effort put into acquiring and setting up that it is non functional is such a frustration.

Are there wildcard people on the forum one can contact directly? I appreciate they are likely busy enough already but it would be good to know if there was a formal way to add stuff to their radar without generating too much extra management their side.