Let's talk about Fear Evolved 3 and the Vampire/Werewolves deseases.

Marcchillin

So last year we went thru the Fear Evolved 2 event and on release of the event the vampires and werewolves were pulled from launch because the two main devs took a trip to china to pick up a golden SOTF trophy.

We were promised the event would resurface but we haven't heard anything more on the subject.

What I want to know is if we will be seeing vampires and werewolves this year on our servers and if they will have any of the new abilities added to the game from the upcoming expansion.

For example will a vampire be able to climb walls with claws that act like the cave climbers? Will they be able to fly or transphorm. Will werewolves be able to sniff out prey or even get a pack bonus? 

Will we see mermaids or something water based or another Halloween creature this year?

Lastly does anyone else have any thoughts or ideas for this years Fear Evolved event?

I'd certainly like to see vampirism and lycanthropy this Fear Evolved. Vampirism could involve boosted MS, Melee, and Stamina during night, alongside a bleed and health absorb effect on your attacks, but a decrease to Health Regen and Stamina Regen, alongside increased Stamina Consumption, during daylight hours. Lycanthropy gives you significantly boosted MS and Melee, and Direwolves and Hyaenodon will become "allied" to you when you're transformed.

But with the coming of Aberration, I'd really like to see Fear Evolved involve some content from that. A cave setting is already pretty spooky. I don't have specific ideas, but definitely plenty of room to mess around there

Just remember swamp fever,  it one person catches a disease,  sooner or later everyone will have it. 

I don't want to play ark vampires vs werewolf evolved. I think if they are introduced they need severe side effects to make them undesirable to everyone. For example vampires take burn damage for being out in daylight and will die pretty quick if not in a dark place. Also they can't eat cooked meat and must do some mad drain attack on dinos and players to fill it's food bar.

Werewolfs should not be allowed tames except wolfs and hyeanadons,  and should have a random chance to enrage like a giga when they transform.

Also tribes should not accept vampires and Werewolfs and they shouldn't accept each other,  they should have to make separate vampire tribes that you can raid in the day light.

2 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

Just remember swamp fever,  it one person catches a disease,  sooner or later everyone will have it. 

I don't want to play ark vampires vs werewolf evolved. I think if they are introduced they need severe side effects to make them undesirable to everyone. For example vampires take burn damage for being out in daylight and will die pretty quick if not in a dark place. Also they can't eat cooked meat and must do some mad drain attack on dinos and players to fill it's food bar.

Werewolfs should not be allowed tames except wolfs and hyeanadons,  and should have a random chance to enrage like a giga when they transform.

Also tribes should not accept vampires and Werewolfs and they shouldn't accept each other,  they should have to make separate vampire tribes that you can raid in the day light.

THAT SOUNDS AMAZING. literally something a developer would implement into the base game. 

i am so for this. please make it happen!

When I think of Vampirism and Lycanthropy being done right in a RPG game, The Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind comes to mind.

Here's an example of what Lycanthropy does in TES3, taken from the elder scrolls wikia

Spoiler

Description

They are found on the island of Solstheim. The Daedric Prince Hircinekeeps werewolves as his wards and servants. In Bloodmoon, when infected with Lycanthropy, the Nerevarine may get strange dreams and be tasked with quests by Hircine. One can also try to find a cure for the condition. Should the Nerevarine complete the tasks for Hircine, the Daedric Prince will enhance the Nerevarine's powers, such as by giving them sharper and stronger claws.

Becoming a werewolf

There are two ways of acquiring Lycanthropy:

Abilities

• Enhanced Sneak: Sneak is increased to 95 as a werewolf.
  • Enhanced Acrobatics: Acrobatics is increased dramatically and enables jumps further and higher than normal.
  • Claws: The claws of a werewolf can tear through anything but Daedric Armor. Hircine may enhance this ability if his requests are completed.
  • Durability: Werewolves are very tough, and have a resistance to normal human weapons. However, they are highly vulnerable to Silver and Daedric weapons.
  • Super-Speed: A Werewolf is incredibly fast and agile, especially when running on all fours.
  • Super-Strength: A lycanthrope has strength beyond that of a regular human.
  • Bite: A bite from a werewolf is infectious and will turn any creature into a were-creature (wolf, boar etc.). undead are immune to it, but will spread it.
  • Eye of the Wolf: Like Vampires, Werewolves can see in the dark. Each use this ability to hunt at night and observe their surroundings better. Eye of the Wolf also gives Detect Human within 200 ft.
  • Spirit of the Wolf: Health replenishes slowly over time.
  • Health is regained by feeding rather than by regeneration, unless not in a fight, in which case the werewolf's health will regenerate significantly faster than of most living beings in the world.

Weaknesses

• Bloodlust: Werewolves have an insatiable blood-lust that drives them to kill.
  • Transformed werewolves cannot equip apparel, including armor. 
  • When in werewolf form, the Nerevarine cannot pick locks or collect items/loot from corpses.
  • When transformed, they may be unable to fit through narrow dungeon doorways. Walking through such doorways backwards may fix this.
  • More vulnerable to Silver weapons.
  • People other than followers will attack a werewolf on sight.
    • If someone sees the Nerevarine transforming, they will recognize them as a werewolf even in human form, and may treat them as an outsider or attack them on sight.
    • If the Nerevarine is seen transforming, they will get a 1000 GoldIcon bounty and most characters will attack them.

Vampirism has a bit more complicated of an explanation, but I still think it's worth sharing.

Spoiler

Description

Vampires are infected with Porphyric Hemophilia. The disease can afflict humans, Mer, Khajiits and Argonians. Although vampires become immortal, they are weak to fire and sunlight, causing many vampires to live in dark areas such as caves or caverns.

Clans

In Morrowind, there are three major vampire bloodlines, gathered in clans. These clans are named after their respective progenitor.

Becoming a vampire

Vampirism is a disease, and can be contracted during melee combat with anyone who is infected. It may also be obtained from searching corpses. After three days the victim's body is overwhelmed and must live as a vampire.

Cure for vampirism

After contracting Porphyric Hemophilia, there is a period of seventy-two hours in which it may be cured with the help of, either, a Cure Common Disease potion, or a spell, a scroll or a shrine. Any one of these that can rid oneself of a common disease.

If the three days have past, there is a quest:

A Cure for Vampirism

The Nerevarine must find and read either of these books: Vampires of Vvardenfell, Book II or Galur Rithari's Papers, which will send them on a quest for Molag Bal to receive a cure.

Effects

Vampires receive a multitude of bonuses to various attributes and skills, including: Acrobatics, Athletics, Destruction, Hand-to-Hand, Illusion, Mysticism, Speed, Strength, Unarmored, and Willpower. Vampires are also immune to paralysisand common diseases, receive a resistance to physical damage, and receive an absorb health spell called Vampire Touch.

Vampires incur sun damage if outdoors during daylight, and do not regenerate Health while resting. Vampires are also susceptible to fire damage and silver weapons. Most citizens of Morrowind will refuse to converse, offer quests, or provide services (including transportation). Some are outright hostile and will attack on sight.

• 4 weeks later...

Tbh I'm getting worried about whether or not we will even see another Fear Evolved. This time last year everyone was already talking about it and ark was hyping people. This near nothing :(  I hope the devs give us some word on whether or not anything will be going down involving the events because my tribe is planning to kill the dodorex this year if we can but will need time to prep all of the bullets that thing will take being dumped into it.  

@Jatheish

Well from what I remember from last year the vampire and werewolf coding was completed and ready to be uploaded.

However because of a last second flight to china to pick up some trinket the two main peeps required for sign off on the upload were mia and we got same Fear Evolved with the skin costumes instead.

But whatever anymore, what's the point this far into October? We will be lucky to get any event time by the looks of things.

Archived