Crafting skill useless with Caped BP

GeertJan

After Testing with a BP for and 300%+ Damage X-bow on new Official servers.

We got a Item and BP reset to Item Cap of 290% after Server restart.

Items made with an level 85 Player all points spend on Crafting skill are reset to 290%.

So if you use a BP that is all ready at the Item cap your crafting skill bonus on the item will reset on server restart. making all points and time invested in an crafting player go to waist!

Xbow_Bonus.JPG

Xbow_BP.JPG

Actually, what crafting skill does is allows you to craft a SAME QUALITY WEAPON with A LESSER QUALITY BP, thus saving on mats costs.

Example, you have two sword BPs. One is a mastercraft with 230% base damage and costs 1000 ingots. The other one is ascendant with 250% base damage and costs 2000 ingots.

Crafting skill allows you to reach the same damage potential (285%) while using less mats. 

2 hours ago, powerstuck said:

Actually, what crafting skill does is allows you to craft a SAME QUALITY WEAPON with A LESSER QUALITY BP, thus saving on mats costs.

Example, you have two sword BPs. One is a mastercraft with 230% base damage and costs 1000 ingots. The other one is ascendant with 250% base damage and costs 2000 ingots.

Crafting skill allows you to reach the same damage potential (285%) while using less mats. 

That's just RNG, you might craft one of the MC and get to 240%, 250%, while with the 250 you secure the cap.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 hours ago, thomz said:

yeah.. always same like saddle armor too
only get durability. 

but why cap 290% ? not 285 ??

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Blueprints

thats craft skill good for mc or jym bp i think xD

They silently buffed the caps recently. Weapons are now clamped at 290% and saddles at 120 armor.

1 hour ago, Megar said:

That's just RNG, you might craft one of the MC and get to 240%, 250%, while with the 250 you secure the cap.

If you wanna play it that way, you could get a 255% dmg out of a 250% BP. That's not the hard cap.

BP stat at 250% = soft cap. When you take into account that with Crafting skill you can reach 290% that's the hard cap.

Now, you can argue that one is better than the other, you have same chances (with same crafting skill) of reaching the 290% hard cap with a MC BP at 220% or an Ascendant BP at 250%. Crafting skill INCREASES YOUR CHANCES, does not guarantees them.

2 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Doubt it. No way a primitive rex saddle with max crafting bonus would beat an ascendant rex saddle base, if thats what you mean ? 

I did not say Primitive outright. But let's say you have a blue or a purple, it would have the stats of an Asc. And primitive would reach green or blue stat-wise.

7 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

I did not say Primitive outright. But let's say you have a blue or a purple, it would have the stats of an Asc. And primitive would reach green or blue stat-wise.

Ah fair enough good point. I probably read that the wrong way lol. Although from my experience  (which probably not worth anything lol) you need a lot invested into crafting skill to make it worth it.

5 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Hard cap is actually 325% on most saddles (290% for tank Dino's only) and 700% on weapons/tools. Can confirm this from unofficial. Any lower reset you're seeing is a soft cap imposed on official.

Also, crafting skill still crafts over those hard caps and the items survive a reset on unofficials.

The thread refers to officials though.

Items do not survive a reset with those stats on official.

12 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

The thread refers to officials though.

Items do not survive a reset with those stats on official.

Yeah, I read the thread thanks, and part of it discussed hard cap. I clearly explained what it actually was and that what was implemented on official is not in fact that cap.

I'm failing to see the point of your post, did you bother to read mine through or just stop when you saw the word unofficial?

Archived