Question on turret settings

NickSmith76

Im not 100% sure, what is the difference between the 2 following auto turret settings

- only survivors

- only survivors & mounted creatures

For me it seems to be the same.. at least formerly, the "only player" setting did shoot both players or craetures ridden by players... now im a bit clueless which setting I should chose and the ark wiki doesnt help because it doesnt even mention the second setting....

Edit: just to make sure, I'm not asking survivors+tamed creatures (what I know what means), but the NEW setting survivor+mounted one...

12 minutes ago, Baton said:

2nd option will shoot tames without rider.

Question seems very stupid :Jerbfat:

Before offending me please take a look on the turret settings.. because there is a 3rd setting with Players or Tamed Creatures, and that is what does what you answered... but im not asking that, this mounted creature setting seems to be something now, not even mentioned on wiki...

You answer was actually stupid :D

Just now, NickSmith76 said:

Before offending me please take a look on the turret settings.. because there is a 3rd setting with "survivors and tamed creatures", and that is what does what you answered... 

No offense, i just didnt get ur point.And u mentioned only 2 settings in op.For a good setup u have to set some turrets for only players and 1-2 for all targets.That will secure you from being rekt without tanking

3 minutes ago, Baton said:

No offense, i just didnt get ur point.And u mentioned only 2 settings in op.For a good setup u have to set some turrets for only players and 1-2 for all targets.That will secure you from being rekt without tanking

Because the rest of them I knew... sadly I'm not sitting in front of the game actually, but now there are 3 settings involving survivors (survivors, survivors+tamed, surviors+mounted) and I have no clue on the 3rd one - which seems to be a recently introduced one (at least I cant recall such existed before)

Logic dictates it shoots the survivors or the creatures tidden by survivors, but that is basically the same as survivors only. So there must be a difference, but what?

2 minutes ago, NickSmith76 said:

Because the rest of them I knew... sadly I'm not sitting in front of the game actually, but now there are 3 settings involving survivors (survivors, survivors+tamed, surviors+mounted) and I have no clue on the 3rd one - which seems to be a recently introduced one (at least I cant recall such existed before)

Logic dictates it shoots the survivors or the creatures tidden by survivors, but that is basically the same as survivors only. So there must be a difference, but what?

It shoots only mounted creatures (with rider) i.e. u can send turtles without riders and they wont be shot

8 minutes ago, Baton said:

It shoots only mounted creatures (with rider) i.e. u can send turtles without riders and they wont be shot

But thats basically the "only survivors" setting as well, right?  (at least it does the same, and its still there - that Is why I mentioned these two settings in the OP)

Just now, Baton said:

It will take riders in priority to foot soldiers, cant ever say more accurate ( english isnt my mother tongue)

Your english is good enoutgh :D Might make sense... did you test it, read somewhere or just guessing from the name?

(btw why on the earth wildcard tought this setting is needed... I cant imagine a situation when killing the riders is more important than the foot soldiers... actually the suicide runners are higher prio target in my mind. This setting just helps the attackers to divert fire from the c4 runners by going there with a tame...)

On 6/9/2017 at 10:45 AM, NickSmith76 said:

But thats basically the "only survivors" setting as well, right?  (at least it does the same, and its still there - that Is why I mentioned these two settings in the OP)

Nick I think that "only survivors" will try to target the survivor only, if it damages the tame is for trying to hit the survivor.

Meanwhile "survivors only & mounted creatures" will shoot creatures "ridden" only the creatures that have a rider in it.

And the option for "tames and survivors" will shoot all the targets, the ridden ones, the no ridden ones, the on foot etc.

In an active defense against an attack it may have it uses, giving priority over the ridden mounts is never a bad thinkg (people normally rides the useful things in a raid) I. E (To shoot the Stego and not the rider of the stego effectively making DPS to the stego instead of the "mitigated damage" it would otherwise recive if the ridder of the stego where shooted and the "Plates" of the stego receive the impact.

Regards.

Archived