Will there be 2x event next weekend?

NovaMagic

54 minutes ago, BrownieShytles said:

don´t expect it. IF(!) they plan to add more servers it´ll be unfair for the already existing ones to get further headstarts through an event.

they can just play on a current pvp server and just transfer, it's already unfair that other servers are progressing so much more

2 hours ago, Shoosty said:

3x

(but seriously, they never announce them until about 5 minutes before they start, and there's no way to really predict them.  ie, we just had labor day weekend, perfect time to do an event, and for the first time in a month they didn't do one).

how do you know it's 3x?

8 minutes ago, Mavrick said:

Hopefully they start limiting events to a rare occasion, people are starting to expect them now and 3x shouldn't be a weekend setting.  That said, i hope there is a 3x, i gotta catch up my leveling on official.  Anyone else notice how dead the legacy servers seem to be?

I hope they don't become more rare, not all of us can stay on for weeks to imprint dinos

11 minutes ago, Legislator said:

Can somebody please confirm or deny if official servers are back to 1x for harvesting? Even with powerful animals I barely get ressources. So yeah, a new event would be fine by now. :(

Proof is there,  1x harvesting is what it feels like,  1x harvest is what it is... go with your knowledge,  you don't need affirmation to know what you're harvesting first hand..

3 hours ago, Palenor said:

NO, those are a thing of the past, will not be seeing anything like that anytime soon.

New Years might be the first one if then

Probably an exaggeration, but it could be something like that.

The primary reason WC uses events is to increase the number of players playing the game over the time frame the event runs (and hopefully get them invested enough that they continue), and it totally seems to work. If they've got a bunch of servers running at or near cap they really don't have a reason to do an event.

If WC ever gets around to releasing a chunk of new servers (as we get 3-10 threads a day about in these forums) that's when I think they'll do the next event. "Sorry we made you wait so long for these servers, here's an event to help you catch up to everyone who already managed to find a home on the new cluster and to reward all of our players for their patience in this matter!" WCs messaging doesn't have to match their true intent; the goal here would be to fill those new servers by pulling more people across from legacy and/or winning people back from the unofficial scene.

The event might not even come then if those servers are instantly capping as well.

9 minutes ago, Ryrarn said:

No, there is still x2 of normal old rates...

Technically accurate, aside from picking up rocks.

However, a huge chunk of the player base never played with or don't remember those rates. It's almost less confusing to say the old rates are half the standard rates rather than the current rates are 2x the old rates.

Good gosh, I've had to say this so many times now. WC only did the boosted x2/x3 events for Ark's Early Access days. Now that it's released, I would not expect any weekend boosts at all unless it's some sort of special day like Vday and the like.

If you want boosted rates, go find an unofficial server run by people who already deduced day one that the rates on officials was bullcrap to begin with.

12 hours ago, Ulta said:

Good gosh, I've had to say this so many times now. WC only did the boosted x2/x3 events for Ark's Early Access days. Now that it's released, I would not expect any weekend boosts at all unless it's some sort of special day like Vday and the like.

If you want boosted rates, go find an unofficial server run by people who already deduced day one that the rates on officials was bullcrap to begin with.

Well you can say it as many times as you like, but no one from Wildcard has  said any such thing.

They've only said that they will let us know in the future when such events occur.  

18 hours ago, Mavrick said:

Hopefully they start limiting events to a rare occasion, people are starting to expect them now and 3x shouldn't be a weekend setting.  That said, i hope there is a 3x, i gotta catch up my leveling on official.  Anyone else notice how dead the legacy servers seem to be?

Depends on the legacy.  Many new to the game players have moved over to the legacies because they (using their words) 'can't get started' on the new cluster.  I guess its very grief-tastic there.   I had personally chatted with numerous new players that all tell me generally the same thing.  it makes sense though.  All the super competitive ARK players moved over to the new server cluster, so of course it is going to be extremely difficult for bran new players to the game to compete in that environment. 

That is why I feel WC is doing themselves and their player base a disservice by not supporting the legacy servers.  In the end they want to sell season passes and expansions.  The more happy players the more they sell.   

16 minutes ago, Shoosty said:

Well you can say it as many times as you like, but no one from Wildcard has not said any such thing.

They've only said that they will let us know in the future when such events occur.  

I swear I saw it somewhere...but a quick devtracker search came up with nothing so...maybe I am wrong about it. Closest I found was Jen announcing the last evo event that happened while the game was in EA. She called it the 'last evo event in Early Access', but I suppose that can be taken two ways.

Still swear I saw it somewhere....oh well. I'm still expecting no evo events anymore on weekends, just because I wouldn't put it past WC to do that. It's safer to just not expect them and not get your hopes up.

Archived