Big problem with ark ( xbox )

razzler

Me and my friends really enjoy ark I've been playing since it came out on PC but only REAL problem I find  with the xbox version is that when we finish work 6pm-7pm all pvp servers are full so we tried one of the new severs made a good base over the weekend going well then when we finish work in the week we can't get on or we wait hour or 2 to get on and that ain't fun for anyone. 

Any one else having this problem

Sure, tons of people have your problem.

I've learned to cope with it, I play on a pretty active server (EU PVP 6). The best way to get in is to just keep pressing join, do not refresh, and that seems to always get me in within 10 minutes of trying.

Not saying you still don't need to have patience. You still have to deal with a lot of full room errors, and your thumb might hurt a bit, but you'll manage just fine.

You really need a server that bottoms out when you guys are available to play.  Iv found a eu server that seems to sit pretty empty till about 8pm. That gives me all day to collect resources and tame before everyone else gets in. Im guessing its alot of US players joining the server because it matches their time zones well.   

Try a US server,  they should be all asleep or at work while you play.   You will get raided to hell when not online though. 

2 hours ago, zken said:

Sure, tons of people have your problem.

I've learned to cope with it, I play on a pretty active server (EU PVP 6). The best way to get in is to just keep pressing join, do not refresh, and that seems to always get me in within 10 minutes of trying.

Not saying you still don't need to have patience. You still have to deal with a lot of full room errors, and your thumb might hurt a bit, but you'll manage just fine.

We do that but as I said can take up to 1-2 hours by then to late to do anything. Think adding more severs would help

I understand the frustration I really do. But honestly I have never once waited even more than 20 minutes to get into a server and I use to play on an extremely full server. Also they have been adding hundreds of servers over the past month and only plan on adding more. 

Since they added the last 100 or so servers things seem to have died down a lot and never have a wait time anymore.

Things will get better, plus this game is worth waiting :)

Another batch of new servers were launched on 26 January 16, this is on top of the 100 more launched on 18th January 2016.

On top of this the situation continues to be monitored and the viability of adding a queue is being looked in to.

On 18/01/2016 at 0:43 AM, Nubsly said:

Sorry to hear you're experiencing so much frustration around this issue. we're constantly evaluating the demand and adding new servers to try and keep up. There's just SO MANY OF YOU wanting to play with Dino's right now and that makes it challenging! :D

We're looking into the viability of adding a queue system for you guys, and there are still lot's of things that need to be done to get this game ready for full release in June which means lots of tasks are vying for priority right now.

We love that you guys are so passionate about the game and so eager to play. We're sorry that some of you struggle to get onto and play in the server you want to. :(

We're looking into several strategies for making it easier to ensure everyone has room to play and will continue to make progress in that direction. You've just gotta hang in there while we work on it :)

-Nubsly

Archived