For the people complaining about official servers

JustSam

17 minutes ago, JustSam said:

for people like me

^^ That's the key right there. For people like "us" unofficial really aren't an equivalent and certainly not a better option (aside from the fact they have more space). I could throw out the negative stereotypes for unofficials which are usually but not always true, but I'll leave it with this: A lot of people who play officials regard higher rates on unofficials as a draw back, not as a good thing at all. The point isn't really which is better, it's that you could subjectively come to either conclusion based on your play style and interests.

Most people who have stuck with the official game for a while have at least dipped their toes into unofficial. Very few if anyone on this forum are going to read this and think, "Egads he's right! Unofficials are the place for me!" Official players know about them and specifically want the official server experience.

Now if you buy a game, it seems fairly reasonable that you should be able to play the online official servers a week after launch if that's what you want to do. Certain segments of the player base aren't getting that, which is quite a shame. Frankly, I'm not wholly sure if that's fully accurate or to what degree people's pickiness is coming into play, but I'm not playing on all platforms, in all regions, in all game modes, so I can really only take others for what they say. And, the game just dropped, if people could get in and actually play, they'd probably not waste this much time raging about not being able to here and on Steam, generally at least.

Because nothing I do on unofficial has any merit. I get no sense of official accomplishment. Although I see the purpose of unofficial for PVP, I have played PVE since June 2015.

In that time and from my experience,  unofficials have had issues of faulty service, unreliable uptime and downtime, a much smaller continual playerbase, and the very real risk of losing everything you worked on because the host decided to stop hosting on his server, or for those who rent, decided to stop paying the monthly fee after he got tired of Ark.

I like not relying on a single person and instead on a company, the company who developed this game. 

The mods issue comes up also as most are improperly integrated and give it a very fake feel to the game, not to mention those with 10x rates which again makes the game feel entirely too fast and as though nothing you do has merit or the feeling of accomplishment. Those rates would have me quiting after a few months,

3 hours ago, JustSam said:

Seriously, why must u people play on official. I think unofficial servers are way better due to mods, actual admins, and higher rates for people like me who can't spend 5hrs playing the game everyday. Just a suggestion for people who are still looking for official servers.

Anyway, who spends more hours a day than you reks you

4 minutes ago, Motoxjoel said:

Don't forget unofficial has no transfers so if someone's alpha they're gonna stay alpha! And you have no sense of achievement.. oh I built a full metal base with turrets! Man this 50x xp, gather and unlimited weight is really mean!

Unoffs have clusters, dat enough, total transfer sux hard imo

33 minutes ago, Motoxjoel said:

Don't forget unofficial has no transfers so if someone's alpha they're gonna stay alpha! And you have no sense of achievement.. oh I built a full metal base with turrets! Man this 50x xp, gather and unlimited weight is really mean!

Like i know you are being sarcastic. But even pvp servers that are just there for pvp and wipe alot I rarely see above 30x. Most good pve servers like around 5-10x. consider people call for official rates to go 3x permanently :|

I like the pace on official. Great sense of accomplishment. Things just feel more epic. Plus the fact you are connected to everyother official server on the network so you can trade or change map. Most unofficial have 2 maybe 3 maps and you are stuck with just the people on that cluster. No real sense of community either

Most official players wants to have a long lasting server system, a lot of players and challege. Unofficial servers usually restart every few months (at least pvp servers with + ratios), they have max 2-3 servers and less than 100 active players and game just becomes meaningless with + 10x ratios. It literally takes more time to kill a dino than tame / breed,  it takes away the enjoyment of pvp, you have nothing to loose and it's just like playing any normal pvp game.

On top of that all the unofficials that i've played have had more or less admin abuse.

I would play a large unofficial cluster if it had almost same ratios as officials, stable + 20 servers, admin command logs, no stupid mods, no stupid rules, a good administration to prevent cheating and exploiting.

I've played both and to me unofficial is a casual experience that misses big parts of the game. I mean, almost all unofficial servers are so boosted that kibble isn't even required to get the perfect tame, raw meat/berries has the same effectiveness, which in turn means a large percentage of dinos become useless and unnecessary. Whereas on official, if you want the perfect tames, you have to acquire a large variety of dinos to make kibble.

It also makes farming crops pointless on boosted unofficial servers as well. Why grow crops when you don't need kibble, and berries have the same effectiveness when taming herbivores.

Sure you could find a server close to official rates to have that experience, but most of those servers are dead because everyone wants the easy 50x harvesting/taming instead. If you're going to go through the grind of official style rates, why not play official where all that grinding won't go down the tube the second an admin shuts the server down, or abuses his admin powers.

I think it comes down to the types of people. If you like building and Taming, official rates are better for you. If you're casual, or just playing purely to PvP, unofficial is better for you 

7 hours ago, Motoxjoel said:

no sense of achievement.. oh I built a full metal base with turrets! Man this 50x xp, gather and unlimited weight is really mean!

6 hours ago, Titus said:

Unofficial is like playing with training wheels on.

hahahaha.  You guys crack me up.

Unofficials tend to get admin support, so that alone makes everything better.  And as far as 50X everything...yeah I'm not a fan of them but easy enough to find unofficials that fit what you want.  Plenty out there on official rates and settings, so the only thing different is the UN in front of official in the name and you actually have an admin you can talk to if something is jacked up.

because unofficial easy to wipe. without paying server = gone (somepeople say to me like that)

some admin can easy spawn anything, and play with player LOL

better im play singleplayer (i think) 

:( 

10 hours ago, JustSam said:

for people like me who can't spend 5hrs playing the game everyday

and some of us can spend 6hrs + everyday :) 

What about the unofficials you see now with lower rates than officials some feel officials have become to easy. 

Ive nearly 6k hours in this game which is an  embarrassing amount as I'm 30+ and work a 9-5. Of them hours I'd say 4K was pure official and I loved it I wouldn't say theirs more kudos to anything  achieved on official but their is allways a sence of  purpose the tribe thing is the biggest draw to officials but sadly I outlasted all my tribe. 

I now enjoy unofficials not for the higher rates but for mods like extinction core and annunaki before it they change the game completely and make officials look like child's play of course this is just my opinion but that the other great thing about this game their is something for everyone. 

12 hours ago, JustSam said:

Seriously, why must u people play on official. I think unofficial servers are way better due to mods, actual admins, and higher rates for people like me who can't spend 5hrs playing the game everyday. Just a suggestion for people who are still looking for official servers.

Can you rent a server (pay for it) for at least 2-3 years (guaranteed) and only put mods that I WANT ?

No ? Well you know why people don't play on UNofficials.

The problem with unofficials are admins, stupid settings and limited players.

Admin abuse is quite common I've experienced it on each of the handful of unofficials we tried. Sometimes it subtle sometimes it blatant but its nearly always there in some form. The other issue is players. To me it is much more fun being to fight thousands of players on a wide variety of servers as opposed to the same old 70 players. Its a new experience every time.

21 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

Can you rent a server (pay for it) for at least 2-3 years (guaranteed) and only put mods that I WANT ?

No ? Well you know why people don't play on UNofficials.

You can rent a server for as long as you want and put whatever mods on it you want.  And as long as you aren't a poopty admin people will play on it. 

Archived