Less spawning dinos on new servers?

JetJaguar

So today it seems like there are less spawns then Ive seen in a long long time on the Island map. Not sure if its because the 70/70 new servers now have a ton of people with tames and its affecting spawns or I just happened upon a low time. But the NA-PVE server im on seemed pretty barren today all over for spawns compared to the past few days on it. Anyone else getting this on their server?

As the number of players and active objects (tames, structures not in stasis) increases, the less time the server has for managing wild creatures. The easiest way to help is to not travel around quickly, giving the server time to populate the ring around your character where it can place spawns. (Just out of sight, but still within a certain radius. The more players there are, the fewer places it can spawn things as well, based on these 'donuts' of spawn viability.)

It's quite a complicated system managing the spawns. I try to balance my Ark activities based upon the effect, gathering materials when the creature spawns are low, and hunting/taming when they rebound. It helps to go to areas no one is in as well, since there's rules keeping spawns from popping in near structures, tames and active players. (You wouldn't want a Giga to suddenly spawn 2 feet away would you?)

Did not know about the ring.....thanks. I am on pve official and there are very few dinos. We haveca mix of pillars and foundations but are letting everyone know to use pillars. But in some areas where there are none there are still no dinos. Side thought......I have flown the highlands multiple times.....never seen more than 5 ovis.

It's as said above. More players on server means less wild Dino's. It's been that way for years sadly. On the plus side I am sure wildcard is about to launch at least 20 more pve servers for each region for each map.  I know that because they know they needed 30 of each day one. They are just running a bit behind.  Patience is a virtue. 

Cool so the 70/70 servers that are packed days and nights because there are no region locks, will have constant low dino spawns due to the overwhelming number of players. There is nothing in the login that directs people to low pop servers so even more servers doesnt mean people still wont try logging into the already overcrowded ones..

3 hours ago, Slack said:

Man our center map is not having these problems its just producing mass amounts of Alphas everywhere.  The blue ob has had 2 alpha rexes eating players for a week now.  lol

I remember when the map was launched that it was gigas everywhere... My first two hours in single player, I must have force tamed about 13 of them...

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:27 PM, Kman03 said:

For my singleplayer game, I have only built inside my base. But I have large stretches of the island just barren of dinos. Places I have hunted through, like Carno Island, along the river beside the redwoods, just empty of dinos.

This is a singleplayer bug.  Also impacts player dedicated servers and has been around forever.  You need to do a admincheat destroywilddinos (command may actually be a little different so look it up).  It forces the entire map to respawn.  When I ran a player dedicated I had to do this once a day or the whole map would be devoid of spawns.

Archived