so tell me what did we get for pre-access

Hekete

WC made an offical announcment saying were getting something for pre-access now im asking what it was/is that we got.

No one will give me a straight answer so I'm posting this. I payed for pre-access and need to know what did we get for doing that.

i do not have SE so anything that was released on SE is not available to me. I got RA dont need SE nor do I want it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't think there was anything given us to Early Access players, although we had a bunch of skins fairly recently? Fireworks etc? 'Founder' skins or something...? Can't remember them stating officially there'd be any 'rewards' or other such stuff though? Where did you see that?

To play the game before it was released, at a massively reduced price?

1 hour ago, Hekete said:

WC made an offical announcment saying were getting something for pre-access now im asking what it was/is that we got.

No one will give me a straight answer so I'm posting this. I payed for pre-access and need to know what did we get for doing that.

i do not have SE so anything that was released on SE is not available to me. I got RA dont need SE nor do I want it.

You got wiped off legacy servers and got a finger saying ''there goes your support''.

What more would you wish ?

I personally wouldn't ask for anything extra because it will probably be doomsdaylike. 

i always thought that "rewards" for participating in early-access are:

- getting the game cheaper

- getting to try game way earlier

- getting involved in development process by participating in forums discussions and reporting bugs

So "early-access" is a reward in itself. Asking for more is just being greedy.

Being given the finger and told that we don't get Customer Service..more than the 10% of servers being wiped WITHOUT the original "1 month"  warning..reduced to 5 days....complete band aid solution to cross ark which is making it a major pain to transfer servers....all that on top of thousands of man-hours worth of work down the drain. raptor u wildcard. 

2 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

- getting involved in development process by participating in forums discussions and reporting bugs

This is hilarious.

9 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Agreed.

But don't forget the joy of sharing the community with a bunch of toxic negative dev hate spewing infants to add spice to the whole thing.

54 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

I think you meant open/closed beta test games that are completley free and in the end you buy it if you liked otherwise it was a good testing time.

3 hours ago, Hekete said:

OP - Where is this official announcement? Not rhetorical, would really like to know. I'm not familiar with being promised anything.

59 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Generally agreed. I've never cared about "founders" skins or anything like that. Getting the game early is pretty much the only thing that matters to me if its a title I'm really interested like Ark

However, to OP's original point. If WC officially announced somewhere that EA players get some special reward, the things you mention are not usually what a company means when they say something like that. Some people really do like those skins :D. I'd even take a follow up announcement that silly parasuar skin is the reward.

On 9/5/2017 at 2:53 AM, DarthaNyan said:

lol... what is wrong with you? You realise without all the EA people this game wouldn't be anywhere near as successful, it would have actually tanked the moment that lawsuit hit. To be fair though too, that lawsuit would likely not have happened either as they wouldn't have already sold millions of copies.

Games go EA for a good reason. Sometimes multiple reasons. 

* Not enough startup cash to fully develop the game

* Faster bug testing (much more cost effective)

* hype

On 05/09/2017 at 2:17 AM, Jostabeere said:

An example?

We got told no wipe then we got told they would only wipe ghost town servers and they wiped active servers.

We got told we would get a few weeks notice of which servers they were wiping and got 5 days.And just to screw with us a bit more they added an upload timer on the last day.

We got told we would get the server saves and so far only ps4 has them and to make it worse only hosting from nitrado is available for ps4 legacy saves,nitrado doesnt cover every region so whole regions got screwed.obviously some sort of dodgy deal going on with nitrado.

There was no obligation not to wipe but they lied to us so we would keep testing their game and investing time rather than taking a break before release.

Personally i spent alot of time after their lies breeding gigas etc,had they not lied i would of not bothered 100% imprinting gigas before full release.

They are dishonest liars.

1 hour ago, edskelly said:
Spoiler

We got told no wipe then we got told they would only wipe ghost town servers and they wiped active servers.

We got told we would get a few weeks notice of which servers they were wiping and got 5 days.And just to screw with us a bit more they added an upload timer on the last day.

We got told we would get the server saves and so far only ps4 has them and to make it worse only hosting from nitrado is available for ps4 legacy saves,nitrado doesnt cover every region so whole regions got screwed.obviously some sort of dodgy deal going on with nitrado.

There was no obligation not to wipe but they lied to us so we would keep testing their game and investing time rather than taking a break before release.

Personally i spent alot of time after their lies breeding gigas etc,had they not lied i would of not bothered 100% imprinting gigas before full release.

They are dishonest liars.

I see you're again one of those who do not know what a lie is and didn't read dev post.

As far as I know they stated that saves for Xbox will come, but not 100% sure on that. Someone please correct if wrong.

And WC changing their mind is just stupid changes at best. A lie would require them to tell something, and do it different WITHOUT changing it officially. Or say that something will definitely come on [insert any measurement of time here] and not release it WITHOUT stating why it won't be released at [Insert the same measurement of time here again].

They changed their minds and told us beforehand that they will wipe empty servers. They told us they will add a timer. It does not make it a lie if they tell it the last day.

It was a really stupid decision and they should not have changed it from a month to 5 days. They should not have made a timer one day before. I agree on that. They definitely could have done the release much, much, much better.

Nitrado being poop does not make WC liars.

Period.

Well for starters they have not repurposed all the wiped servers into new ones,not even close.

And if you want proof that they wiped servers other than empty ones ,ghost town servers to quote them.go back to the posts on the forum the day before the game went full version.

Are you choosing to ignore that they said people would have 30 days then gave 5 days notice?

Or just labeling that as a change of mind instead of a lie?

Archived