Why are new severs not being put up!?!?

ServerlessAussie

On 9/6/2017 at 1:10 AM, RubeDragon said:

Really? where trolls and dupers are rampant as WC has said its self?  WC is forcing us to choose between playing with cheaters and no support or waiting 2 hours actively fighting the Refresh boss. praying a fellow player gets DCd because of a WC bug and or a shooter crash. ..... 

Legacy has nothing to do with trolls and dupers, really just people who didn't wait till launch date. There might be some trolls and cheaters but you cant generalize that. Shame on you to make put all beta testers into one category.

starting on a non legacy is not easy, when all rag server are full, AND they focus on PVP. I enjoy PVE but there are only 11 always full server for that, while there are 184 PVP server up. talk about fair distribution..... so yes wildcard give us new server to settle on

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem with pvp server is griefing. Atm where we play there is some tribe that is killing people on spawns, kill everything on sote... and thats the problem. We managed to survive few day to put up some turrets etc.. but they allready have base with 40 turrets as we could seen, and thats like few days only... + they have 3-4 guys that only go around on griffins and slaughter everything.. 

WC has somewhat commented on this:

To comment what was said:

This was something we could do in literally ten minutes.

Putting up new servers is now an involved, complicated, and somewhat expensive process, because it's no longer just a matter of spinning up AWS instances.

The time that goes into getting one new server online with all of the DDoS protection, networking work we've done for peering, packet filtering, making sure they're powerful baremetal servers and not instances on the cloud, etc, is now much, much higher than it was at launch.

Also it was not a network engineer who did this, they are busy worrying about servers. It was a programmer.

• The Right Hand

So while he has not said new servers will or will not be coming, the fact they are expensive and time consuming should give you an idea that dropping 10 of each new sever probably isnt gonna be happening..

On 06/09/2017 at 2:53 AM, Carnage08 said:

They might add only a handful of servers until the DLC. They are probably thinking once the DLC releases, they probably envision people leaving for the expansion thus lowering the number of people trying to get on ragnarok. Then after that they will repurpose the dead legacy servers and add more down the road. This is WC for you. I for one will not be buying the next DLC. It looks like a halo-lite survival game. No thanks. 

The current state of affairs in regards to servers has put me off buying the season pass, and will put me off getting the DLC, for the time being. I reckon some people think like me.

If the situation changes before the DLC, I *might* reconsider. I mean...if they do not launch enough servers on release of full game, what the hell would make me think they would do that on DLC release?

Right now, my routine is:

1. Try getting in the Ragnarok server I started building on the day of release;
  2. Notice Server full (70/70)
    1. sometimes try to join even if full, in empty hope someone has left in the meanwhile, get kicked everytime
  3. Shutdown game
  4. Play Factorio

Can someone please tell me where to find the will to get and start playing Aberration, in these circumstances?

Also, given the track record of delays in releases, I'm almost sure that DLC will not launch in Oct. So we (EU PvE Ragnarok) will be stuck with two 70/70 servers until whenever they release it? talk about lowering your player base in Europe...

As someone said...the damage is already done. People who managed to build on the servers will stay there, and people who got shafted will not have the energy (or will have some problems mustering said will) to rebuild what meager stuff they had, especially where they had it.

Also, their policy on number of servers is full retard: if you have 100 servers before launch, you do not launch with half the quantity,. esepecially if you tell the players in the old servers "sorry, no support for you". That's fundamentally dumb. And as the great RDJ said once: "You never go full retard".

BTW: Above paragraph is example only. I do not mean to say they had only 100 servers before launch.

2 hours ago, JetJaguar said:

WC has somewhat commented on this:

To comment what was said:

This was something we could do in literally ten minutes.

Putting up new servers is now an involved, complicated, and somewhat expensive process, because it's no longer just a matter of spinning up AWS instances.

The time that goes into getting one new server online with all of the DDoS protection, networking work we've done for peering, packet filtering, making sure they're powerful baremetal servers and not instances on the cloud, etc, is now much, much higher than it was at launch.

Also it was not a network engineer who did this, they are busy worrying about servers. It was a programmer.

• The Right Hand

So while he has not said new servers will or will not be coming, the fact they are expensive and time consuming should give you an idea that dropping 10 of each new sever probably isnt gonna be happening..

I would like for the team to answer at their *official* forum. But given their disrespect for their official stuff, I think it is understandable.

If I'm wrong point me to the thread here where they said it. Also explain why they didn't make it pinned as it is a major complain by their playerbase.

Why dont I check reddit, you ask? Put simply: It hurts my eyes to try to read posts there.

Just now, Irk said:

On Xbox, the only servers I see constantly at 70/70 are Ragnarok servers.

Doing a search for the Center PvE servers, none are ever at max capacity. They seem to average around 30-40 players. I'm sure the Island servers are the same. There's plenty of servers to play on.

I want to play on Ragnarok. If I wanted to play on other maps, I would go to those servers.

13 hours ago, raaazboy said:

if you continue to press refresh and join when there is 1 spot then you will get in maybe on the second try it depends on who has the better internet and LET ME REPEAT i live in australia and my internet is worse then most countries

That's all he did. It's random who gets in and that was his unlucky day. Yes 4+ hours. Of course since you are in Australia your peak hour traffic may be totally different than our peak hour traffic. If we wait till midnight our time then yeah it works like you say. 

8 minutes ago, XaralDoBruxo said:

I want to play on Ragnarok. If I wanted to play on other maps, I would go to those servers.

So did I, then I gave it some thought. Considering how many players are in and out of those Ragnarok servers, I'm going to guess the state of those servers aren't good and the clutter is already a problem. Even if you get in one day, struggling to get in every other day doesn't sound attractive. All the while, Center and Island servers are up for grabs.

Good luck hitting that join button for hours with no luck.

1 minute ago, Irk said:

So did I, then I gave it some thought. Considering how many players are in and out of those Ragnarok servers, I'm going to guess the state of those servers aren't good and the clutter is already a problem. Even if you get in one day, struggling to get in every other day doesn't sound attractive. All the while, Center and Island servers are up for grabs.

Good luck hitting that join button for hours with no luck.

I get what you're saying.

Last time I played was prim+ The Center. Why? They are the only ones with free slots (The center and island, both prim+). All others (and I'm talking about 3 maps prim+ and regular here) are full, or over 90%. This is the PC EU PvE landscape I'm talking about.

Also, I started on this particular Rag server on hour 0 of release. So you can understand my frustration somewhat, can't you?

Also also, I'm just trying to point out that what you say is not a valid solution to our problem, only a work around. There's really only one solution to the problem. That is called "More servers". I understand that server deployment with all the protection is difficult. No, I don't understand, I KNOW it is difficult. But if they do not solve those difficulties, soon there will be a lot less players to buy their new DLC.

20 minutes ago, XaralDoBruxo said:

I would like for the team to answer at their *official* forum. But given their disrespect for their official stuff, I think it is understandable.

If I'm wrong point me to the thread here where they said it. Also explain why they didn't make it pinned as it is a major complain by their playerbase.

Why dont I check reddit, you ask? Put simply: It hurts my eyes to try to read posts there.

Yeah I don't know why it's so damned hard to communicate with your community in ONE place.  Best you can do at this point is refresh the ARK Dev Tracker I guess...

https://arkdevtracker.com/

4 minutes ago, BigDally said:

Yeah I don't know why it's so damned hard to communicate with your community in ONE place.  Best you can do at this point is refresh the ARK Dev Tracker I guess...

https://arkdevtracker.com/

I mean, even their patch notes on here are not updated anymore, inspite of having a shortened link to the threads...

• Volunteer Moderator

If I had to guess, I would bet that they are not adding servers now because they are keeping the ones they didn't re-open yet for the DLC coming next month. This makes perfect sense as why would they spend more money for hosting the new map while they can just delay and pretend they have some technical issues to launch the current ones and have spare servers ready for Aberration. ;)

3 hours ago, LameoveR said:

why new servers? let's just make "1hour afk kick" feature!

pfft.. macroses will overcome this feature on first day.

LameoveR: The Right Hand very specifically stated that nobody working on bringing new servers online had anything to do with this new AFK-kick implementation...yet you ignore that fact and complain about it anyway. 

Everyone else: Be rational folks. Don't listen to folks who - through malice, apathy, or ignorance - are perfectly willing to spout falsehoods that fit their personal narrative. People are justifiably frustrated with the game, but there are plenty of things to be critical of Wildcard about without having to resort to hyperbole or outright lying.

1 hour ago, ArkCreation said:

and legacy servers at most have 20 people online. The fact that there will be no customer support on legacy really sold these new servers.

Sold? Rather forced the issue. I was happy to give a fresh start a try, while going back from time to time to what we have build over two years. Now we have no choice than to move to the new ones. No support, shrinking them down until god knows how few remain... now the new ones are full in the case of ragnarok, that combines center,SE and the island in creatures and has unique ones as well plus awesome map. Travelling between official servers became a nightmare, with these timers, so having a small base on different servers is out of question as well. No fun right now

Archived