Why are new severs not being put up!?!?

ServerlessAussie

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, JetJaguar said:

Sit and refresh a screen because theres no queue: Is it 1996? Even AOL used to have queues for logging in. Whats so difficult about coding a queue with the funds you have from the "big backer"?

THIS.... 

They decided not to wipe the old servers, but after a brief moment they announced that they wouldnt provide customer support to those, which will result in a wipe anyways. To add insult to injury, the NEW servers they added are all full. The grindiest part of the game is staring at the server list and pressing "Refresh" every second.

1 hour ago, Barradismo said:

As promissed in Twiter by jat (if im not mistaken) we got new servers!!!!

BUT ONLY 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (eu pve the island for PC)

Is this a joke?

Is like if i came to u saying that i will give u money, and then i give u 1 cent -.-

That's a shame. I never even saw that on twitter. Don't know why they can't post in these forums... but they post on twitter....

19 hours ago, incinderberries said:

Okay, I get the anger that you can't play on the new servers, and I'm annoyed that I can't ever get into a Rag server, either, but what about us who've put thousands of hours into our bases on these Legacy servers and can't just up and leave the animals we've worked so hard to tame and breed, especially since WC won't let us take even just the most precious them to another server? Just give us the poop end of the stick because you're pissed off that you can't play on the new servers? Not all of us are so flippant about our tames and bases and time put in on them to just bail out and start all the way over, you know. Some of us are extremely sentimental about them.

Besides, the only issues I have on Legacy servers is bluescreens on The Center because that map is glitchy as raptor, and some lag because we've been overrun by the French now that Ragnarok is out. Scorched still remains a steady train of challenging fun, with very little lag at all. And I always get in, no matter how many players are on the server.

As for low populations, that's because they pulled CS, and all the pansies wet themselves and bailed out. And everyone will get a random disconnect from time to time. That's the server engine's fault. Not the server itself.

I realise what you're saying but do you really believe wildcard is of this moment planning to continue the long term maintenance for legacy servers? From the great migration post of theirs it was apparent to me they did not want legacy to continue. Once they do their next review of "low population servers to be killed" then most if not all legacy will be right there in the crosshairs.

Our tribe also put in thousands of hours into the game and at the time of the great migration announcement we made a decision to firstly start on new servers while still maintaining our legacy base and dinos because of the sentimental attachment and in the hopes to see if they might support legacy once again.

After seeing the state that legacy servers are in we've now decided to abandon ship (just a couple of days ago). Yes it was hard to abandon almost 1000 tames across 3 servers, and no it wasn't just some flippant decision we took 1 minute to come up with, but we would rather actually be able to play the game without the constant rubberbanding, disconnecting or being able to connect at all, threat of griefers doing whatever they please, etc. Random disconnects happen yes, but they do so way more frequently on legacy (for us anyway). One example of many, I decided to login our legacy server to try explore a cave that I hadn't been in yet and 5 minutes in disconnected on my flyer near the cave entrance then could no longer login after several attempts over about an hour even though the server was around 15/70. After that frustration, logged into new server and played for several hours just fine. All we've gotten from legacy since is frustration. For us it all seems to point to wc wanting to take legacy offline, just a matter of when.

At least with the new servers it is just frustration of logging in which will be alleviated by adding more servers. We knew this would be an issue on full release. More people complaining may (but probably will not) help them roll out new servers faster, hence I'm replying to these kinds of posts.

3 hours ago, raaazboy said:

listen wildcard has space for more servers. so sure they could release them now. but what about abberation. im sure that releaseing abberation without any servers would be a huge succes.

They deleted 483 PC servers and added 157 pc servers.  I don't think they are going to need 300+ servers for Aberration.  The fact of the matter is they are downsizing server numbers and PC probably won't get any more servers apart from a handful for each DLC.

6 hours ago, Chronosphere said:

hehe guys, trying  desperatly too join a full server save the stress and chill and dont play on those,wait for new onces, go unofficial. the time cost isnt worth it.

Why should we have to bother with unofficial? No big tribes, no cross ark, no real trade, admin abuse, and the average lifespan of an unofficial server is about 2 months at the moment!

22 hours ago, DeningWei said:

They deleted 483 PC servers and added 157 pc servers.  I don't think they are going to need 300+ servers for Aberration.  The fact of the matter is they are downsizing server numbers and PC probably won't get any more servers apart from a handful for each DLC.

you're saying they had 1449 servers before release?

divide that by 4 for all 4 maps

362 rounded down for each map

300+ servers for each map

they also need 300 servers for the other dlcs being released i believe it was 2 others 

2 hours ago, raaazboy said:

you're saying they had 1449 servers before release?

divide that by 4 for all 4 maps

362 rounded down for each map

300+ servers for each map

they also need 300 servers for the other dlcs being released i believe it was 2 others 

I'm not sure what you are saying.  They didn't equally divide the servers between the maps anyway, for instance OC island had a dozen servers or more where Ragnarok had about 3 (pve and PvP).

Fact of the matter remains that they are deleting at least 3 times the servers they are replacing.

Archived