Why are new severs not being put up!?!?

ServerlessAussie

8 hours ago, BigDally said:

Yeah I don't know why it's so damned hard to communicate with your community in ONE place.  Best you can do at this point is refresh the ARK Dev Tracker I guess...

https://arkdevtracker.com/

wow, how come i´ve never heard of that thing before, greetings from behind the moon i guess :D thats actually beyond convenient,thanks

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are legacy server it wont matter where the devs are, you are worth nothing to them. They got your money, they got feedback mostly didnt care about it anyways, but they are done with you.

For example, there was an issue with loosing characters on the xbox ans ps4 platforms, both legacy and new. They said if it happened before the last dispatch go through csr, but on the other hand they also say no support for legacy. Meaning if you lost your char, tough luck start anew on new server... 

apparently they have no cappacity for legacy players. The ones that played loyal through all the crap they had over the years (2) are now the ones that dont matter anymore. And i know why... we dont bring new money, except if we buy the new dlc..., very dissapointing but also very typical.

6 hours ago, Sha said:

Sold? Rather forced the issue. I was happy to give a fresh start a try, while going back from time to time to what we have build over two years. Now we have no choice than to move to the new ones. No support, shrinking them down until god knows how few remain... now the new ones are full in the case of ragnarok, that combines center,SE and the island in creatures and has unique ones as well plus awesome map. Travelling between official servers became a nightmare, with these timers, so having a small base on different servers is out of question as well. No fun right now

Join a tribe. thats what I did. helps to start out with others who are in the same boat as you.

7 hours ago, ServerlessAussie said:

OFFICIAL RESPONSE STILL REQUIRED!???

NOT TWITTER, THIS OFFICIAL FORUM

Don't expect them to respond on the official forum mate. I am from Australia and on the same boat as you. Ended up playing unofficial.
I've seen few devs respond/comment on reddit/twittier but never on their own forum. They're poop like that.

Could we please get more NEW SERVERS? especially ragnarok servers since mega tribes took over almost all the new servers and they are all crowded to full you have to wait hours for spots to join there WE RLY NEED MORE SERVERS especially center/and ragnarok maps PLEASE could we get any official statement from WC for that?

This is getting absolutely ridiculous!! 70/70 non stop, I have been kicked twice by game crashes while raising babies, and I can't get back into my PC Rag PVE server for the life of me. Thanks for the event WC that most people can't even participate in!!! >:(We NEED more servers, lord knows you shut enough down!!

12 minutes ago, incinderberries said:

Legacy servers are empty...

They are empty because of several reasons. First no customer support, second poor performance with low populations, third random disconnects, fourth inability to actually connect even with sub 10 players out of 70 and the list goes on. I wonder if they are even dedicated servers or shared servers.

They just need to pull these down and repurpose them already as new servers instead of dragging out their futile existence.

13 minutes ago, soulie said:

They are empty because of several reasons. First no customer support, second poor performance with low populations, third random disconnects, fourth inability to actually connect even with sub 10 players out of 70 and the list goes on. I wonder if they are even dedicated servers or shared servers.

They just need to pull these down and repurpose them already as new servers instead of dragging out their futile existence.

I fully agree. They need to do away with legacy. I believe that they are hoping that once their new DLC arrives that people will migrate to those servers thus balancing out those fighting to get into the ones they released. 

31 minutes ago, soulie said:

Okay, I get the anger that you can't play on the new servers, and I'm annoyed that I can't ever get into a Rag server, either, but what about us who've put thousands of hours into our bases on these Legacy servers and can't just up and leave the animals we've worked so hard to tame and breed, especially since WC won't let us take even just the most precious them to another server? Just give us the poop end of the stick because you're pissed off that you can't play on the new servers? Not all of us are so flippant about our tames and bases and time put in on them to just bail out and start all the way over, you know. Some of us are extremely sentimental about them.

Besides, the only issues I have on Legacy servers is bluescreens on The Center because that map is glitchy as raptor, and some lag because we've been overrun by the French now that Ragnarok is out. Scorched still remains a steady train of challenging fun, with very little lag at all. And I always get in, no matter how many players are on the server.

As for low populations, that's because they pulled CS, and all the pansies wet themselves and bailed out. And everyone will get a random disconnect from time to time. That's the server engine's fault. Not the server itself.

Remember just a scant few months ago when WC mentioned they had a "big backer" and the funds to keep and launch all these servers? Where are all these servers? Who in the hell launches and hypes up a game with a handful of servers that people cant log into? Sit and refresh a screen because theres no queue: Is it 1996? Even AOL used to have queues for logging in. Whats so difficult about coding a queue with the funds you have from the "big backer"?

Every day, more and more posts from people around the globe frustrated with the server issues. You can keep your hand in the sand and ignore the obvious only so long.

Honestly, the wool was completely pulled over peoples eyes with the promise to "keep around" Legacy servers, a big launch, etc. Keep on plugging away at that money-grabbing expansion. At the rate its going, you'll have driven enough frustrated people off that crowded servers wont be an issue anymore.

Archived