Why are new severs not being put up!?!?

ServerlessAussie

32 minutes ago, RubeDragon said:

Really? where trolls and dupers are rampant as WC has said its self?  WC is forcing us to choose between playing with cheaters and no support or waiting 2 hours actively fighting the Refresh boss. praying a fellow player gets DCd because of a WC bug and or a shooter crash. ..... 

So you generalize all and every single Legacy server, say cheaters are rampant on them despite Legacy and new servers having the same anti-cheat-system? Seems legit.

They might not answer tickets, but the Legacy servers will receive full content and still have Battleeye, a system that is very good as catching cheaters.

It is simply stupid and wrong to assume every server is like what you describe. And not even confirmed by any means.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, RubeDragon said:

Really? where trolls and dupers are rampant as WC has said its self?  WC is forcing us to choose between playing with cheaters and no support or waiting 2 hours actively fighting the Refresh boss. praying a fellow player gets DCd because of a WC bug and or a shooter crash. ..... 

2hrs come one its nowhere near that bad. i live in australia and the best ping i can get is 100. and it still only takes me at most 30 mins to get on

They might add only a handful of servers until the DLC. They are probably thinking once the DLC releases, they probably envision people leaving for the expansion thus lowering the number of people trying to get on ragnarok. Then after that they will repurpose the dead legacy servers and add more down the road. This is WC for you. I for one will not be buying the next DLC. It looks like a halo-lite survival game. No thanks. 

On 04/09/2017 at 8:26 PM, X111 said:

I can understand what WC have said in relation to their initial server release being delayed due to technical issues meaning they have had to manually distribute servers resulting in the delays. these things do happen I suppose.

what I do hope they do is respond to the Pillar issues

our server is impossible on Rag. I placed a 1x1x2 structure with the idea of returning to it and developing a Argy trap on one of the most AWKWARD building locations near blue OB. came back half an hour later and suddenly my building has been restricted by a tribe who has pillared the entire area. I just about managed to get 6 foundations down (I was there first) and have asked them to remove it but got the response of "we don't care go play another game", if that is the way they want to play the game then so be it, they will have the biggest tower with the brightest of lights for miles around. the fact that its not even where they're building is even more of an annoyance. I even said the trap will be gone once the Argys we want have been tamed or that they can use it as I will be more than happy to unlock for their use but I got childish responses.

tickets have been raised but hey ho, if they want passive aggressive gameplay then i'll be happy to accommodate

Manually distribute servers? Like release them one by one? Honestly that isn't difficult. How'd that go? 

On 9/5/2017 at 5:04 AM, DeZiLL313 said:

Im on xbox and I just dont see these issues to the extent some of you are claiming. Yea every rag server is 70/70, but I've had no issues with the others, even found a new decent island server to play on while the ragnarok one is taking too long to load into.

As for pillars, its no different than it was. All the "top 10 spots" from youtube are gone and beaches are littered with junk from tons of different tribes. Go inland. Even on legacy I never had and issue if I left the noob spawn areas. I was just flying around my 70/70 ragnarok server and vast majority of it is untouched, same with every other server I've scouted about.

Op's name suggests he's Australian, so I assume he's talking about servers for his region, which I imagine they're probably arent enough, and that sucks dude, i feel ya, but na and eu seem fine to me.

So to sum it up, everyone is slamming into the ragnarok servers while the others have a lot of openings, beaches are littered with Bobs thatch, and Anne's too busy complaining about not being able to place a campfire instead of actually leaving the beach and placing one... 

Sounds like good ole ark to me 

Na pve island, rag 70/70 almost all the time. Almost always a 10 min refresh and quick click to get in. They toom down over 400 servers and put back 90 something. 

19 hours ago, Assisted said:

Oh without a doubt I would bet wildcard gets a cut of the nitrado server payments, which is a big reason why they are leaving official in such a mess right now. They already have our money. From a business point of view, if they can force more people to play unofficial, they don't have to run as many official servers which saves money, as well as probably getting a cut from nitrado. Plus all the DLC will still sell with people playing unofficial anyways.

This hits the nail on the head. They have our money already why pay for servers out of tbeir pocket for us to play.

4 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Na pve island, rag 70/70 almost all the time. Almost always a 10 min refresh and quick click to get in. They toom down over 400 servers and put back 90 something. 

Yes rag atm are full during the day. I stated that in the text you quoted, but more than just rag was added. And 90 servers were only added? Where is that number from. Is that eu only? When I search pve for all reguons its close to 200 servers for that game mode only. And over 300 between pve and pvp total amongst the different maps and modes. I admit its frustrating not being able to get into the new map, but Ive had no issue on the others. When I get home from work, I just hop on a fresh low pop island pvp server for a few hours untill raganarok traffic settles a little bit.

42 minutes ago, DeZiLL313 said:

Yes rag atm are full during the day. I stated that in the text you quoted, but more than just rag was added. And 90 servers were only added? Where is that number from. Is that eu only? When I search pve for all reguons its close to 200 servers for that game mode only. And over 300 between pve and pvp total amongst the different maps and modes. I admit its frustrating not being able to get into the new map, but Ive had no issue on the others. When I get home from work, I just hop on a fresh low pop island pvp server for a few hours untill raganarok traffic settles a little bit.

if you are relying on the in game search it is broke. the filter still shows legacy ect. id have to find the post but somebody posted a list of the servers removed and a list of those added

20 hours ago, raaazboy said:

2hrs come one its nowhere near that bad. i live in australia and the best ping i can get is 100. and it still only takes me at most 30 mins to get on

No, it is that bad for some. My brother spent 4+ hours trying to get onto Rag68 last weekend. And I got in on the first try, it's totally random who gets in when there is an open slot.

3 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

if you are relying on the in game search it is broke. the filter still shows legacy ect. id have to find the post but somebody posted a list of the servers removed and a list of those added

Im not having that problem. I very rarely search. I just let them all pop up and I havent had an issue with legacy servers popping up

4 hours ago, fewcm said:

No, it is that bad for some. My brother spent 4+ hours trying to get onto Rag68 last weekend. And I got in on the first try, it's totally random who gets in when there is an open slot.

if you continue to press refresh and join when there is 1 spot then you will get in maybe on the second try it depends on who has the better internet and LET ME REPEAT i live in australia and my internet is worse then most countries

I don't know what you are all on about.
https://arkservers.net/official-servers/1/rank/asc/?term=all
Right now None of the top ranks servers are full. On the second page, one gets to 69.

I've not had problems getting on to my Offical Server AT all.
The reason they don't put more servers on is that server population drops after a few months.
Then they are left with a large number of well under half full servers they can't merge without upsetting those that remain.

A bit of info on the server creation process, might be helpful (or not, depending on your agenda) to this thread:

This was something we could do in literally ten minutes.

Putting up new servers is now an involved, complicated, and somewhat expensive process, because it's no longer just a matter of spinning up AWS instances.

The time that goes into getting one new server online with all of the DDoS protection, networking work we've done for peering, packet filtering, making sure they're powerful baremetal servers and not instances on the cloud, etc, is now much, much higher than it was at launch.

Also it was not a network engineer who did this, they are busy worrying about servers. It was a programmer.

• The Right Hand

Posted by Kayd Hendricks (I think) on this Reddit post.

Archived