What's the answer? Are legacy servers just y'all's test servers?

Domnicioz

Not sure why everyone is assuming they all left the legacy servers. Ive been trying to get on my legacy server for several days and have not been able to. Alll the counts are down to single digits. I doubt everyone just left to go sit in que lines. If its the same experience i am having, we are just not being allowed in on the legacy servers.

5 hours ago, CaptoBraunch said:

Where are legacy servers? They Havent gone anywhere(Ok some have but servers are always disappearing lol). Its not like WC twisted your entire server pops arm and made them abandon your laggy, duper infested dictatorship of an archaic beta server. People wanted a temporary escape from the dupers, the already-dominated-by-megatribe CANCER that Early access has been for over a year. Maybe everybody just decided a fresh start on equal ground would be a good thing. Maybe you anti-wipe no-lifers just lost... 

You do realize you're grinding your life away by playing the game I hope?

Legacy servers and players are here to stay. There's absolutely nothing preventing the "official" servers from replicating the dupe bug or other exploits. And there's nothing dissuading players from acting toxic. You said it yourself, new server feuds are attracting 'hitlers'.

4 hours ago, ArkCreation said:

except they are not completely abandoned. We get at least 10 on our legacy online up to about 20. A lot of new players are coming to our legacy server simply because they can't log into these new servers due to being full.

It d be a favor to all. ...and help increase new servers faster

6 hours ago, Revenor said:

You do realize you're grinding your life away by playing the game I hope?

Legacy servers and players are here to stay. There's absolutely nothing preventing the "official" servers from replicating the dupe bug or other exploits. And there's nothing dissuading players from acting toxic. You said it yourself, new server feuds are attracting 'hitlers'.

But a hitler who has to start fresh with me is much more manageable than a hitler who was already dug in with 2500 turrets and 300+ imprinted gigas the day i bought the game. (which would be objectively unfair if i bought it on launch day.) I can deal with baby hitlers. But you sound foolish assuming i "grind my life away" I dont play pve buddy, i grind explosives and handcuffs. As a solo player who online raids and doesn't kill passives, you cant fault me.

And sure the dupe is still there, but its kinda a pain in the ass now. Not only the timers, many brontos are needed and i'd reckon its much harder to reach the required levels of server stress with the clean, 40 player at peak status of my island servers.

11 hours ago, Geekstuffff said:

Not sure why everyone is assuming they all left the legacy servers. Ive been trying to get on my legacy server for several days and have not been able to. Alll the counts are down to single digits. I doubt everyone just left to go sit in que lines. If its the same experience i am having, we are just not being allowed in on the legacy servers.

I wasn't able to find any of my legacy servers until I hand keyed the server name. Thankfully I had previously posted both in the forums otherwise I would be out of luck as well. Neither of mine show up on the list.

Well the whole point of this post is that I want a solid answer from WC. I am a loyal player who's been playing for a long time and truly enjoy the game with the PvE community I am on. We have always governed ourselves and when any of these "Hitler's" has shown up we have taken care of it ourselves as an alliance. Because we were a strong server and everyone was friends because we were on PvE.. not PvP. I honestly think the game styles are so different that they should be their own separate entities. The duppers should have been dealt with by going through the dino specific ideas and anyone who had two identical ideas, wipe that Dino. Same gamertag or account does it again, wipe their tribe. Easy fix for a huge problem that screwed up anyone who wanted to play PvP.  All I want is a solid answer, my friends and I are in limbo, and we don't know whether to play or not because what is the point if it is going to be all gone a month or two for now? I want to rent a server when it comes out for console so friends and I can do ragnorak, but it's still sad they couldn't at least do a few hundred legacy Ragnarok servers so legacy players could move on to new stuff too without starting over. 

The whole legacy server situation has been handled poorly and caused a lot of people to walk away from the game.  That combined with the new Rag serves being jammed packed and unplayable at all times and the Devs annoucing new DLC instead of addressing issues; I have to agree. Looks like I'm going to be done with this game with my servers goes down. 

If you're looking for an ultimate goal I truly believe they just wanted to cut down on the number of players who stopped playing out of frustration. So they doomed all remaining servers to a slow death. My server regularly had 30-40 players a night this past weekend the peak total I saw was 12 and thus far this week we're averaging 4-7 online.  Given that there is not nearly enough servers for all these displaced legacy player to be playing RAG I have to assume they lost a good chunk of their player base. But seeing as they are making money since launch and ready to make more with new DLC i doubt they care much.  

Lol what I want to know is why the hell Legacy Servers bug so many people who don't even play them?

"If they repurpose them we'll have moar servers to play how we want" Assuming that they aren't capped at 70 players per
like all other servers, otherwise you're going to be instantly locked out of the new servers and have no where but Solo to turn
to. Is that what you want?

Sure.. maybe the Legacy servers will be snuffed out one by one over the next few months or years. You know what else will
happen over that time? More servers will be opened up to alleviate the tidal waves of people wanting on the newer servers.
Until then, sit back, play where you can, and quit bitching.

8 minutes ago, Extraterrestrial said:

Lol what I want to know is why the hell Legacy Servers bug so many people who don't even play them?

"If they repurpose them we'll have moar servers to play how we want" Assuming that they aren't capped at 70 players per
like all other servers, otherwise you're going to be instantly locked out of the new servers and have no where but Solo to turn
to. Is that what you want?

Sure.. maybe the Legacy servers will be snuffed out one by one over the next few months or years. You know what else will
happen over that time? More servers will be opened up to alleviate the tidal waves of people wanting on the newer servers.
Until then, sit back, play where you can, and quit bitching.

What bugs us is that we were told one thing and then they went and did something else. We were told we would have 30 days notice. We were given 5 days. We were told we would have support. They pulled that support. We were told the killed servers would be available to host either through paid or local. (leastwise I remember the local hosting thing)

As for the repurposeing the old servers, what are they going to do? open more pvp servers? I looked at them. Most of the servers on the list were around 25-30. Some yes were at cap. But the vast majority of pvp servers were around half. this was peak time central US time zone. And the PVE servers, you could probably fit all the maps together and get half the pvp rag servers.

As for the people wanting to get on the new servers, many of them will quit and never come back simply due to not being able to play. Sitting there refreshing the server list in the hopes that a slot will open up just long enough that you can get on is beyond frustration. Some people have said go solo. That is boring. Nothing like not having anyone to share your experiences with. No body to talk to. been playing for over a eyar mostly by myself on multiplayer but at least there were others to talk to on the server.

I would have continued to play on PVE 374 if they had kept the support. I know many of the other people that play with me on NA rag 71 would not have left either.

Well the Dev's keep screwing with the players until they all leave.  They just changed a PvP center map (server 585) to PvE.  No warning, no heads up.... players logged into find their turrets shooting wild dinos and the complete inability to play the game.  Half the population has already said screw it and left. 

This is what the WC plans to do with the people that helped fund their game.  Screw with them until they get so frustrated they quit.  And to think I actually had a season pass in my Steam cart today too.  Not any more!

I heard that 10% of the legacy servers are going to be wiped every month until they're gone is this true? I don't want to waste my time on the server I've been raising and building up on if they're just going to wipe all them. Can someone tell me whether this statement is wrong or nah bc I wanna play but I wanna play long term 

Well, the developers made a mistake! they had two options: either they deleted everything once or for all or they gave us at least 60% of our items on new servers. I play on the 368 legacy server, I have about 1600 hours of gameplay already, I've been in the 3 bosses, so what? for them to keep the server for another few months knowing that I'm going to lose everything ??? this was wrong! I am very disappointed with the ark producer! and my friends too, we're giving up playing!

16 hours ago, SomebodyThatYouUsedToKnow said:

I heard that 10% of the legacy servers are going to be wiped every month until they're gone is this true? I don't want to waste my time on the server I've been raising and building up on if they're just going to wipe all them. Can someone tell me whether this statement is wrong or nah bc I wanna play but I wanna play long term 

rumours there is not a WORD from wildcard as usual they dont care, 

I left the legacy cluster because I do not trust WC to keep their word. I used the 3x weekends to fill 3 vaults completely full (plus a few storage chests) with metal and tek structures to get established on the new Ragnarok cluster... only to never be able to get on because they literally only released 1 NA server. When they said no support and then tweeted they did not have legacy servers up because they were focusing on the new players I had my answer. Better to start now then try to build a base in the future when they do wipe up. Friday night is feed the dinos and reset the timers night, but other than that we almost all believe that WC will wipe us no matter what so why continue. I am so disappointed with this company.

On another note, did you notice how excellent their communication was they were trying to sell us the next DLC? They communicated on every outlet and sent out a message on the official servers. This just goes to show they do know how to communicate, just choose not to put in any effort unless they want more of our money.

That's a fair statement to make there Nathananddaddy

One point is that you state WC intend to look after new customers which I do agree is true, if you have a console.

There are a few of us that have messaged WC on every conceivable platform to get a reply about the lack of server capacity (some of us daily) and they choose to ignore all.

I even emailed Snail games to air my annoyance but that was a waste of time as well.

So I will be doing the only thing I can, NOT buying the new mod, and no recommending any of my friends to buy the game, because of the continued 2 finger salutes we are appearing to get from them currently.

"we are going to repurpose the old servers" -repurpose for what? certainly doesn't appear to be for PC players.

My old legacy server (which survived the cull) is dead now. I check regularly and at most 1-5 players online at a time. I am starting to think this was the plan all along. I think legacy days are very numbered and I am convinced even when they are closed, we wont see them repurposed as PC but most likely Console (the new cash cow for WC)

If they communicated what was going on, we could all stop the speculation

44 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

On another note, did you notice how excellent their communication was they were trying to sell us the next DLC? They communicated on every outlet and sent out a message on the official servers. This just goes to show they do know how to communicate, just choose not to put in any effort unless they want more of our money.

Well ... they screwed up, heavily .... I can only speak for myself and my friends, but nobody will buy this DLC and any further Wildcard products because of the current company politics. And we will not spread any positive feedback about Wildcard anymore. It's over. We play our time until Day X and then move on. But Wildcard will never ever get any more money from us. Hate us for that, I don't care anymore. I love the game, I hate developer.

On 9/4/2017 at 10:53 PM, Joeyster said:

Well the whole point of this post is that I want a solid answer from WC. I am a loyal player who's been playing for a long time and truly enjoy the game with the PvE community I am on. We have always governed ourselves and when any of these "Hitler's" has shown up we have taken care of it ourselves as an alliance. Because we were a strong server and everyone was friends because we were on PvE.. not PvP. I honestly think the game styles are so different that they should be their own separate entities. The duppers should have been dealt with by going through the dino specific ideas and anyone who had two identical ideas, wipe that Dino. Same gamertag or account does it again, wipe their tribe. Easy fix for a huge problem that screwed up anyone who wanted to play PvP.  All I want is a solid answer, my friends and I are in limbo, and we don't know whether to play or not because what is the point if it is going to be all gone a month or two for now? I want to rent a server when it comes out for console so friends and I can do ragnorak, but it's still sad they couldn't at least do a few hundred legacy Ragnarok servers so legacy players could move on to new stuff too without starting over. 

You should start posting on twitter and reddit. Fair warning tho, that may get you banned here and on reddit as well. 

They almost never visit these forums to give answers. And on rare occasions when they do, it's definitely not to answer a post where they know they screwed up.

17 hours ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

I left the legacy cluster because I do not trust WC to keep their word. I used the 3x weekends to fill 3 vaults completely full (plus a few storage chests) with metal and tek structures to get established on the new Ragnarok cluster... only to never be able to get on because they literally only released 1 NA server. When they said no support and then tweeted they did not have legacy servers up because they were focusing on the new players I had my answer. Better to start now then try to build a base in the future when they do wipe up. Friday night is feed the dinos and reset the timers night, but other than that we almost all believe that WC will wipe us no matter what so why continue. I am so disappointed with this company.

Yeah, I left legacy and went to player dedicated and it has been fun. I believe legacy is dead as well.

On 9/6/2017 at 4:48 PM, NathanAndDaddy said:

This is such a good point. Furthering my thoughts on having made a good choice on passing on any paid DLC or features from this company. 

On 04/09/2017 at 7:59 AM, Joeyster said:

I want to know why you announced official legacy servers and promised they won't be wiped and all that, but led us to believe servers would be repurposed on a monthly basis which has led to many fleeing from legacy because their is huge uncertainty in whether their is a point to keep it all alive or keep playing. I have been playing for a year and a half and I'm just confused as to why myself and many other players on legacy servers are being handled this way. I played Fair as did many of my friends where I played. I just don't know how you can live with yourselves creating such a time consuming game only to take it away from the ones that made you who you are. I and many of my friends have spent tons of hours playing this game perfecting it's many algorithms to help play and raise better BUT nope you just take away all experience and time from us. I just don't know why you can't find a common middle ground for your whole player base without abandoning the veterans of the game. 

Couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

On 9/6/2017 at 1:48 PM, NathanAndDaddy said:

Thank you for pointing this out.  I had been thinking the company was just too inexperienced, but you are absolutely correct.  They are perfectly able to communicate, but only make it a priority when they want to market something to the players.

Archived