What's the answer? Are legacy servers just y'all's test servers?

Domnicioz

Everywhere I look on forums there is answers, but a lot of people are unsure of if it is the actual truth.

What is the ultimate end goal for legacy servers?

Honestly it feels like they just plan on re-purposing "ghost town" servers until legacy literally no longer exist. If that's the case they should just rip the band-aid off and wipe them all. Yeah some people will be pissed off, but they will be a lot more pissed off wasting another couple months on a server that's gonna be wiped into non-exsitance.

I think a final decision and statement needs to be made again, to everyone.

Before everyone is like oh they already talked about this, how much stuff has changed since they talked about this? Only 10% turned into 33% of servers. All fixes will apply to legacy as well. First patch after that made no builds zones on PvE for important areas, ( I know a lot of PvE players have been wanting this) but only implemented for non-legacy. Customer support removed from legacy. Just seems like they are trying to kill them off indirectly so they don't get called liars when they said a long time ago they would not wipe the servers, but this path seems a lot worse at this point.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Domnicioz said:

Everywhere I look on forums there is answers, but a lot of people are unsure of if it is the actual truth.

What is the ultimate end goal for legacy servers?

Honestly it feels like they just plan on re-purposing "ghost town" servers until legacy literally no longer exist. If that's the case they should just rip the band-aid off and wipe them all. Yeah some people will be pissed off, but they will be a lot more pissed off wasting another couple months on a server that's gonna be wiped into non-exsitance.

I think a final decision and statement needs to be made again, to everyone.

Before everyone is like oh they already talked about this, how much stuff has changed since they talked about this? Only 10% turned into 33% of servers. All fixes will apply to legacy as well. First patch after that made no builds zones on PvE for important areas, ( I know a lot of PvE players have been wanting this) but only implemented for non-legacy. Customer support removed from legacy. Just seems like they are trying to kill them off indirectly so they don't get called liars when they said a long time ago they would not wipe the servers, but this path seems a lot worse at this point.

They no longer give Customer Support to legacy servers so you already have your answer; these servers are going to get closed entirely in the coming months.

I hope they keep legacy open for those who are near end game. I finally am getting my Rex's where I want them, my Quetzal's where I want them, with plans to get Boss Theri's next. A total wipe would probably kill my desire to continue to play. I can deal with re-purposing. I'll miss my awesome base but as long as I have enough notice to move my dino's, building up will be easy in a different legacy server. Then I can continue my end game direction for at least another 3 months until the next kill list shows up. 

When I complete that, then I will most likely jump to a new server or game mode and start anew ensuring my money keeps rolling in with season passes and what not but if they just came out tomorrow and said "okay all legacy server's, bye bye" I don't know if I'd want to continue on and build back up to complete everything I have already completed. I'll feel cheated and deceived. 

I think the direction they are taking with re-purposing is better than a total wipe by a long shot. People still aren't happy but less people will leave the game altogether this way. 

1 hour ago, jaypak said:

Fact is. If people are playing on the legacy then they will be fine. If the legacy falls below like 15/30 then it will go

87 has 60 players at any one time so be assured that it is more than likely safe

Lol some of the new EU servers dont even have 15-30 players.  Seems that most players chose same servers. 

I know a lot of players on legacy servers are worried about their server. Our server is too. With that said, if you play ps4 pve and are a peaceful, helpful tribe and are thinking about maybe moving to a more populated server in hopes it doesn't get cut then or just want more interaction..... PS4 legacy server 689 would love to have you. We even have a dino trading store run by the oldest tribe on the server. We have a lot of tribes that breed multiple dinos. We all are helpful and respectful and would love to see more breeders join the fun.

I want to know why you announced official legacy servers and promised they won't be wiped and all that, but led us to believe servers would be repurposed on a monthly basis which has led to many fleeing from legacy because their is huge uncertainty in whether their is a point to keep it all alive or keep playing. I have been playing for a year and a half and I'm just confused as to why myself and many other players on legacy servers are being handled this way. I played Fair as did many of my friends where I played. I just don't know how you can live with yourselves creating such a time consuming game only to take it away from the ones that made you who you are. I and many of my friends have spent tons of hours playing this game perfecting it's many algorithms to help play and raise better BUT nope you just take away all experience and time from us. I just don't know why you can't find a common middle ground for your whole player base without abandoning the veterans of the game. 

1 hour ago, Joeyster said:

I want to know why you announced official legacy servers and promised they won't be wiped and all that, but led us to believe servers would be repurposed on a monthly basis which has led to many fleeing from legacy because their is huge uncertainty in whether their is a point to keep it all alive or keep playing. I have been playing for a year and a half and I'm just confused as to why myself and many other players on legacy servers are being handled this way. I played Fair as did many of my friends where I played. I just don't know how you can live with yourselves creating such a time consuming game only to take it away from the ones that made you who you are. I and many of my friends have spent tons of hours playing this game perfecting it's many algorithms to help play and raise better BUT nope you just take away all experience and time from us. I just don't know why you can't find a common middle ground for your whole player base without abandoning the veterans of the game. 

Yeah man can,t agree more. Last week I was stoked to see our server not on the kill list, now its player count is down to no more than 5 and although im sure some of our regular 20 or 30 players are just out playing Ragarok, im picking most have left because of the uncertanty. Im afraid im now one of the latter.

23 minutes ago, jpcab said:

They should wipe all legacy servers...they are already abandoned.

not true, they should not wipe they are active.. AND new players should join them aswel good community and enough room.

Just wait a few months and see how active the new servers wil be. Mostly the casual players wil drop out then only the 'hardcore or people with most dedication' wil stay and that wil be be back to the population of the legacy server.

Don't spend 100s of hours grinding in an early access beta? The only reason they didn't do a straight up wipe was all the no-lifers whining and threatening to quit. Now theyre all picking berries on the real servers, enjoying the early game with most people on a somewhat even playing field. Bobs all over the shop.

edit: and yes, early access servers were the test servers, thats what early access means.

I just wish they would hurry up and add more Ragnarok PvE legacy servers to actually sate the demand of legacy players,  if they ever do. It would be nice just to have fun for a bit on Ragnarok from a legacy stand point before the enevitable complete wipe. If theres a demand for more legacy servers especially for  Ragnarok why not release more........ even for the short amount of time

18 minutes ago, LittleRedReaper said:

You do realize WC didn't have to say they were keeping legacy servers. They didn't have to say "don't worry we can afford it". They should have manned up and wiped completely rather than making people feel like everything was all warm, snuggly, and safe. I am tired of this .. well bro you should have known it was early access, argument. Everyone knew what that meant, everyone knew that they would most likely lose their work. This wasn't a mystery. The problem here is NOONE made WC keep legacy. They, on their own volition, stated they would keep legacy. They kept those parameters going from early access into release. So people getting upset because wildcard basically did a sneak attack on legacy is acceptable. So save your early access argument, it isn't valid .

+1. Basically a tl:dr of the entire wipe discussion.

Where are legacy servers? They Havent gone anywhere(Ok some have but servers are always disappearing lol). Its not like WC twisted your entire server pops arm and made them abandon your laggy, duper infested dictatorship of an archaic beta server. People wanted a temporary escape from the dupers, the already-dominated-by-megatribe CANCER that Early access has been for over a year. Maybe everybody just decided a fresh start on equal ground would be a good thing. Maybe you anti-wipe no-lifers just lost... 

1 minute ago, CaptoBraunch said:

Where are legacy servers? They Havent gone anywhere(Ok some have but servers are always disappearing lol). Its not like WC twisted your entire server pops arm and made them abandon your laggy, duper infested dictatorship of an archaic beta server. People wanted a temporary escape from the dupers, the already-dominated-by-megatribe CANCER that Early access has been for over a year. Maybe everybody just decided a fresh start on equal ground would be a good thing. Maybe you anti-wipe no-lifers just lost... 

huh? dont know what server you came off but ... should stop insulting.

Legacy servers still are here until they are thinned out and closed or not. Sorry but the server(s) i am are not like the one you describe maybe because im on pve do not know. But all i can say we are here and wil support our legacy server until they'll shut it down. if you do not like them yust move on.

3 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

huh? dont know what server you came off but ... should stop insulting.

Legacy servers still are here until they are thinned out and closed or not. Sorry but the server(s) i am are not like the one you describe maybe because im on pve do not know. But all i can say we are here and wil support our legacy server until they'll shut it down. if you do not like them yust move on.

Moving on is exactly what I, and apparently all TC's server have done. Some choose not to accept this and moan at WC about "betrayal" like theyve never been wiped before. Which would make sense for pve players i guess, but that would be their own fault for playing the casual mode, no offense. WC did you guys a solid, its the community who is abandoning legacy servers, not the devs.

And yes, you wouldn't know the horrors i describe in Pve. PvPs a whole different world, the power struggle and pseudo-politics attracts some serious hitlers. There is hardly a moment to enjoy the game, everybody's obsessed with "owning" their server, in order to block all drops/obs to keep duper mega zerg tribes at bay. Chill/organized servers are all too rare.

50something member tribes brag about "owning" dozens of servers through duping and transfer raiding. Transfers inadvertently opened up a whole market for PAYING these mega tribes to wipe enemies, or buying duped gigas for 20-50 bucks, only to slither back into the ARK with 0 chance for repercussions. Its pathetic, its cancer, and WC is finally taking baby steps to abolish this behavior, and for once i'm actually very much in their corner.

4 hours ago, jpcab said:

They should wipe all legacy servers...they are already abandoned.

except they are not completely abandoned. We get at least 10 on our legacy online up to about 20. A lot of new players are coming to our legacy server simply because they can't log into these new servers due to being full.

3 hours ago, LittleRedReaper said:

You do realize WC didn't have to say they were keeping legacy servers. They didn't have to say "don't worry we can afford it". They should have manned up and wiped completely rather than making people feel like everything was all warm, snuggly, and safe. I am tired of this .. well bro you should have known it was early access, argument. Everyone knew what that meant, everyone knew that they would most likely lose their work. This wasn't a mystery. The problem here is NOONE made WC keep legacy. They, on their own volition, stated they would keep legacy. They kept those parameters going from early access into release. So people getting upset because wildcard basically did a sneak attack on legacy is acceptable. So save your early access argument, it isn't valid anymore.

To be fair, before The Center became a map, WC said they would not wipe the servers.   Yes, we all thought that was strange for early access, but they "promised".

I certainly would have stopped playing about that time, as the rest of my tribe did, but I decided to give The Center a try and rebuilt.

So, yeah, no one made them keep legacy, other than their own integrity as a game company.

Archived