Super OP Tribes

SirNoodleBones

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Another mechanic that works against the gorilla warfare player is...they know when you log on! Your name shows up right at the top of their screen, so they know when to hunt for you. They can also check who is connected to the server via 3rd party websites. Once again, you can't hide anything in ark. It's fairly clear that you don't actually have the experience to realize what you're trying to propose doesn't really work as well as you think it would in practice. 

Yeah...it is a good thing you can't use that against them yourself.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TwoInchPunish3r said:

The only tames you should have by that point is birds, which can easily be hidden in blown up remains of abandoned bases. And just because they can see you get on doesn't mean that they are paying attention, care enough to look for you, or could find you anyways.

Good job falling back on trying to insult my experience, though. 

If they know you are actively trying to kill them or planning to...yes they will. Any competent alpha tribe will easily destroy you over and over and over. 

Experience has a LOT to do with it. The only thing you're doing in typing out how you THINK it COULD be done which I'm assuming to you it means it CAN be done without any real experience doing it. Sure you can go ahead and CLAIM you have all the experience in the world, you've done it hundreds of times vs even the most entrenched and active alphas, but from my experience it doesn't work the way you try to portray it. Alpha tribes literally have nothing better to do than to patrol for targets if they already have the server on lockdown.

Sorry you feel insulted, but actual experience doing what you suggest will clearly show you it simply doesn't work that way. You will be found before you are able to get any real production done. You will be killed, and hours of your work once again waste without actually getting a single thing done.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

If they know you are actively trying to kill them or planning to...yes they will. Any competent alpha tribe will easily destroy you over and over and over. 

Experience has a LOT to do with it. The only thing you're doing in typing out how you THINK it COULD be done which I'm assuming to you it means it CAN be done without any real experience doing it. Sure you can go ahead and CLAIM you have all the experience in the world, you've done it hundreds of times vs even the most entrenched and active alphas, but from my experience it doesn't work the way you try to portray it. Alpha tribes literally have nothing better to do than to patrol for targets if they already have the server on lockdown.

Sorry you feel insulted, but actual experience doing what you suggest will clearly show you it simply doesn't work that way. You will be found before you are able to get any real production done. You will be killed, and hours of your work once again waste without actually getting a single thing done.

So, assuming you ignore everything else, and only go with the single player vs the alpha tribe, then, if they are literally that good at finding me, when I got nothing else better to do(like I am watching TV with the family), I would log on, hide my character, let them waste time looking for me, logoff, wait a bit, log on, hide my character. let them waste time looking for me, log off, wait a bit...I am laughing as I type this.

When I am catching up on my DVRed shows, I could just sit there and log on and off, constantly, just for fun, especially if they are that interested in me.

Anyway, I think at this point, I will follow your strategy...and quit.   :D  

3 hours ago, SirNoodleBones said:

Has anyone else encountered this in a server? Thoughts? Developer help? Rant-

So im in a official dedicated server and have been in this server for awhile now and there is this tribe that is literally the definition of overpowering. These guys are basically video game nazis. This tribe is so powerful that they "control" the entire north of the map and the volcano for sure, maybe some of the other mountains as well. They require everyone who wants to go north, for let's say a mammoth or something, to acquire permission from them, usually through some sort of payment of resources...for 1 ark day. For example, 100 metal ingots = 1 ark day in the north, 200 = 2 days, and so on. If anyone is caught in the north without permission, they are killed on sight, along with any mounts and tames in progress. I have heard that they have even gone as far as "wiping" players from the server by completely destroying everything the players had...continuously until that player(s) left the server.  Many people I know have quit the game all together because of this. TODAY, at least 3 larger tribes completely left the game because of how oppressive this tribe and their allies are. This oppressive tribe seemingly has the goal of "owning" the server for themselves. Just an hour ago, my friend and I watched as members of this tribe patrolled the coasts with their spinos and destroyed every single raft they found. No, they were not raiding, their sole purpose was to destroy everyone's raft. They left the loot where it fell, did not even touch it. They also kill all mounts so they have superiority. I know tribe on tribe and PVP is a part of the game, but tribes like THIS are ruining the game. It's a bit ridiculous honestly. There has to be some way to combat this. My small tribe, mounts, and rafts fell victim to them just now. I honestly don't want to pick the game back up if it's just going to have tribes like this on every server. 

you wont get ANY Help here, devs are hands off no matter how fowl they are or how much they ruin the game or cause people to quit ark forever. because by the time people realize that ark is f&*(ing horrible their too many hours in to get a refund

also the community will 99% reply with

Thats PvP

Play PvE

Get gud

^these are also the people your complaining about, only non op alpha tribes get it

Just now, MrFreed said:

you wont get ANY Help here, devs are hands off no matter how fowl they are or how much they ruin the game or cause people to quit ark forever. because by the time people realize that ark is f&*(ing horrible their too many hours in to get a refund

also the community will 99% reply with

Thats PvP

Play PvE

Get gud

^these are also the people your complaining about, only non op alpha tribes get it

What exactly do you expect them to do? They aren't breaking any rules. 

1 hour ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

The problem is there is really no way for new tribes and players to catch up to the tribes that have been there. They have event BP's and items that are super OP that the newer tribes and players can't get because they don't even drop anymore. A lot of balance changes didn't effect the older tribes when they built up too but does effect the newer tribes and players which makes it much harder for new/upcoming tribes.

Another issue is there is absolutely ZERO way to hide pretty much anything required to be able to take on these tribes. The current single world tile map is just too small. It takes 10 minutes to scout the entire map for anything that is a threat to you. Most alphas have every single cave locked up tight too.

We need more world tiles - and a wipe. I'm sorry Wildcard, but it needs to be done. It's a poopty option, but it NEEDS to be done for the long term health of the game.

wrong, there are ways to gather the required resources... spread your resources out in multiple locations, don't make it possible for them to completely wipe you with one strike... gain level slowly, expect your base to be wiped (several times), build bigger and better bases as you level. keep your enthusiasm and keep rebuilding until you have a good enough base to store the material you need "safely". we are currently working on this right now and the OP tribes seem anxious for us to gain the material for a good challenge... remember it can be boring to be the top dog and have no competition. it becomes a repetitive game and can get boring. we do get wiped almost daily, but with our strategy we never get completely wiped, they will honestly NEVER find our valuable resources, but they do diminish our replaceable resources every day. we are almost to the point of having a great base which I feel will be impenetrable, until it is penetrated... and at that point we will know our weaknesses and rebuild and make it even better. These OP tribes are what gives us lower level something to look forward to. for a lot of us on PVP we appreciate the challenge and I believe when we become the right level, we will be a tribe to be reckoned with... My advice is keep going because no matter what happens you will keep leveling and gain access to better materials and structures with which you can build a better base. Just be strategic with allies and storing materials.

4 minutes ago, FL4SH said:

What exactly do you expect them to do? They aren't breaking any rules. 

add more to early/mid game content to combat alpha's

add moderation of official servers to actualy prevent extensive bullying and harrasment

limit structures tribe or personaly owned as to prevent map lock down

prevent certain area's to be built on like obelisks & artifact caves

official servers are official and should have some form of moderation, if not they end up bleeding money just for 10 bullies to play alone.

official doesnt mean wild west its the oposite official should mean ToS and moderation privately OWNED is wild west

13 minutes ago, MrFreed said:

add more to early/mid game content to combat alpha's

add moderation of official servers to actualy prevent extensive bullying and harrasment

limit structures tribe or personaly owned as to prevent map lock down

prevent certain area's to be built on like obelisks & artifact caves

official servers are official and should have some form of moderation, if not they end up bleeding money just for 10 bullies to play alone.

official doesnt mean wild west its the oposite official should mean ToS and moderation privately OWNED is wild west

More limitations? this is a horrible idea. Its all about strategy and diplomacy... these OP tribes are not immortal, they can be taken down with the right allies and the right strategies... it takes a lot of patience and time, which most people don't seem to have.

yeah Zombie... i repeat: Adapt or Die. it's a sandbox game and part of the fun is kicking down other peoples sand castles as it were. they are not immortal, you just need to be patient (which i am not unfortunately), take your time (which is one thing i have massive amounts of), and be clever.op tribes can be taken down, just keep chipping away.

Its not like that, that the tribe didnt do anything for it to reach this position. They spent many hours in gathering, harvesting, building, taming. So if they are dominating, then its well deserved due to their hard work. If they are playing on PVP they may also dominate other tribes, but thats PVP guys. I can always just recommend to play on PVE servers if 1) you dont want to get your things destroyed 2) you dont have enough time for playing everyday many hours or 3) you still like to do PVP from time to time for a limited time period (tribe wars).

Stay hidden. We have started on a few servers now and that part is key. We spend a few days killing dinos and leveling. When your done at the end of the night, die. Respawn next time you play. Once you can make stone stuff make a stone home. Stay deep in the forests and don't cut trees around you. Flyers can still find you easy with the spawn priority of trees compared to your base but it still better than building on the beach. As long as we stay off the beach people tend to leave our home be. 

49 minutes ago, Tom said:

Its not like that, that the tribe didnt do anything for it to reach this position. They spent many hours in gathering, harvesting, building, taming. So if they are dominating, then its well deserved due to their hard work. If they are playing on PVP they may also dominate other tribes, but thats PVP guys. I can always just recommend to play on PVE servers if 1) you dont want to get your things destroyed 2) you dont have enough time for playing everyday many hours or 3) you still like to do PVP from time to time for a limited time period (tribe wars).

hey Tom have you actualy even tried most PvE servers? lemme gues you have onenice server or a private server you play on?

ys ppl spend allot of time building up but it shouldnt be so bad as to entirely lock down an entire official server, do you think anyone would play a tripple A fps on xbox if they died the moment any enemy saw them? and it took them 4 clips to kill 1 enemy? no theyd quit, and thats why ark has so many bad reviews and so many servers have only 7-11 ppl on at any given time because the majority of those 11 people are the alpha tribe the rest are their slaves or the people who havnt been whiped out 10+ times, people say gather resources, even if you have a 25+ man group of heavily active lv 40-80 people they JUST CANNOT take on an alpha tribe, the game is entirely based on dino's late game and slightly turrets, how is ANYONE suposed stand up to said people when taming, kibble farming, leveling dino's and breeding is such an insane time sink

also every alpha trump story relies on griefing the server untill the alpha quits ark, NO game should rely on griefing to defeat your oponents

22 minutes ago, MrFreed said:

hey Tom have you actualy even tried most PvE servers? lemme gues you have onenice server or a private server you play on?

ys ppl spend allot of time building up but it shouldnt be so bad as to entirely lock down an entire official server, do you think anyone would play a tripple A fps on xbox if they died the moment any enemy saw them? and it took them 4 clips to kill 1 enemy? no theyd quit, and thats why ark has so many bad reviews and so many servers have only 7-11 ppl on at any given time because the majority of those 11 people are the alpha tribe the rest are their slaves or the people who havnt been whiped out 10+ times, people say gather resources, even if you have a 25+ man group of heavily active lv 40-80 people they JUST CANNOT take on an alpha tribe, the game is entirely based on dino's late game and slightly turrets, how is ANYONE suposed stand up to said people when taming, kibble farming, leveling dino's and breeding is such an insane time sink

also every alpha trump story relies on griefing the server untill the alpha quits ark, NO game should rely on griefing to defeat your oponents

this is just not true. I have a tribe of 5, we have been gathering resources pretty efficiently and yes have been wiped a few times. On a server that is said to have a terrible alpha tribe. and in my opinion it does, we get killed, captured, wiped, and yet are still climbing in levels and building a strong base. there have been mergers, divisions kicked, and many other things going on with the alpha tribes, but yet we still seem to be getting better every day. you must spend a lot of time on the server in order to get anywhere, and we don't plan on "griefing" these tribes. we plan on getting on their level and having some good old fashioned PVP fun when we reach a good level with enough resources. I say the people who just Give Up after being wiped don't exactly understand this game and should put more effort into it. Or like many other have said, play local servers, PVE servers and any other aspect of the game where it may be "easier" for you. I sincerely hope the Devs do absolutely nothing about this because this is how the game should be played... They have earned their spot as an Alpha tribe.

Edit: I see this post was about PVE servers. in this case I would suggest again, Local/hosted servers... Wait for a new server to open... or keep fishing for the server that fits you the best. greifing is a shady way to play but is kinda unavoidable in a game like Ark. It is just sad for people to quit such an amazing game because of the few servers/players that wreck it by griefing.

I dont see how any of these tactics would work against a tribe this big. You will likely need a Queztal to even get close to one of these bases to do any damage and then you will need to soak up all the bullets, and kill all the plants which is pretty hard to do from the ground shooting up a mountain. Best bet is to quit the server an let them see what they have accomplished, a DEAD server. Then they will be forced to join a server they havent been on for 6 months recruiting all the numbers and striking down any tribes that oppose them.

Anyway come time for the game to release all these bases will be gone and payers restarted anyway.

If they are that dominate I would probably just switch servers.  If they have the entire north and no one can oppose them I'd probably switch, not all PvP servers are like that.  On top of that it doesn't sound like you would be losing anything since your dinos and structures are all gone.  But if you do decide to stay I sure as poop wouldn't be paying them anything.  Every bit of metal and chitin you pay to them just empowers them more.  More rockets, more c4, more metal structures etc...  I think you could get away with some of those guerilla tactics but I don't know how entrenched they are.  X plants are pretty easy to dodge but if every base of their is encased with autoturrets that could be much more difficult.  If I didn't want to leave and I wanted to screw with them I'd focus on building rockets and c4 and take out as much as I could every chance I had so at the very least you could make their upkeep more difficult.  But if they keep this up it sounds like they'll be playing on a dead server soon.

Of course if they have blocked all the caves and you can't get a tame for farming chitin because they kill it,  I would just switch servers.  You still need a bunch of CP to make even the smallest dent in them and if you can't farm the caves or Broodmother I'd call it quits.

2 hours ago, MrFreed said:

extensive bullying and harrasment

If you actually encounter harassment you should report it.

Of course what you're actually encountering is you getting legitimately rekt.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I can always just recommend to play on PVE servers if 1) you dont want to get your things destroyed 2) you dont have enough time for playing everyday many hours or 3) you still like to do PVP from time to time for a limited time period (tribe wars).

It should also be kept in mind that there are plenty of friendly PvP servers where people (mostly) won't touch you, and will even help you. It's just there's no guarantee that a political shift won't lead to everyone getting annihiliated. But they are an option, if you're willing to take the time to find one.

Griefing on PvP? lol Griefing is a term made up by casuals for people like me, if you can't PvP, don't PvP. Don't want your stuff wiped out? PvE, don't want to be imprisoned? PvE, there is no griefing in PvP, just domination, we once had a threat from a tribe so we wiped out their entire base, every tame & used their blood for blood packs. This isn't Reddit owned MC servers, this is Survival where only the most ruthless, adaptable player tribes deserve ice cream.

20 minutes ago, Redisagir said:
20 minutes ago, Redisagir said:

Griefing on PvP? lol Griefing is a term made up by casuals for people like me, if you can't PvP, don't PvP. Don't want your stuff wiped out? PvE, don't want to be imprisoned? PvE, there is no griefing in PvP, just domination, we once had a threat from a tribe so we wiped out their entire base, every tame & used their blood for blood packs. This isn't Reddit owned MC servers, this is Survival where only the most ruthless, adaptable player tribes deserve ice cream.

Why dont you tell us how you DOMINATED, as I am sure you just blobbed them while they were offline. Problem is most these Alpha tribes arent very good they just have lots of people and have been on these servers longer than most.

I like good fights and battles and wars, not blobbing peoples bases at off hours, or ROFL stomping lower lvl tribes into the dirt. I would rather take it to them take some stuff and let them rebuild for some more battles later, rather than constantly be killing noobs and DOMINATING every tribe off the server.

6 minutes ago, KingRizen said:

Why dont you tell us how you DOMINATED, as I am sure you just blobbed them while they were offline. Problem is most these Alpha tribes arent very good they just have lots of people and have been on these servers longer than most.

I like good fights and battles and wars, not blobbing peoples bases at off hours, or ROFL stomping lower lvl tribes into the dirt. I would rather take it to them take some stuff and let them rebuild for some more battles later, rather than constantly be killing noobs and DOMINATING every tribe off the server.

My sentiments  exactly this is why I like the "declare war" pve model...  sucker punching Mike Tyson doesn't make you a world champion.   Just like pumping your own tires when wiping an offline tribe doesn't make you a BOSS. It just shows the true scope of depravity and cowardess you posses.

Well I appreciate all the input, but you guys wouldn't know the power of this particular tribe unless you experienced them first hand. They own underwater caves, land caves, their main base is on the volcano and has 30-50 turrets completely surrounding the volcano, the control most of the metal on the mountains, they have EVERYTHING the game has to offer. I know it's PVP, but what they are doing isn't PVP, it's virtual terrorism/plain bullying. This tribe literally just roams and scouts every to destroy everything. Even if all the tribes on the server banded together, we'd still all get completely wiped. We'd lose 90% of the force alone trying to get to their base. What I would like to see happen is some sort of power balance or something that would give beginning tribes and such a chance to even get to a level to build a simple pistol. When I wrote my post, it was out of frustration because this tribes sole purpose is to terrorize everyone. My tribe was by no means small in rank, we were all 60's and some 40's, our base was completely metal with wall upon wall to act as a shell, turrets, plant species x, spike walls triple layered, it doesn't matter. They always break through. There is no way to get ahead. Changing servers would only be a "pick your poison" option, you know more tribes are like this. Good for them, they worked hard for it, that doesn't give them a right to make sure nobody else works hard to get ahead. I agree with the camouflage ideas, there really is no place to hide. I think that a solution to the "problem" I proposed in this thread would take more than a debate on this forum but rather weeks, maybe months, of careful planning and brainstorming by the developers to find a delicate balance. No one is gonna want to play or buy the game when they can't have fun or progress because a tribe won't let them. As of right now I'm looking into completely starting back at square 1 in a primitive server. My final position is that something be done though. They're not raiders, they have no need to loot, they are simply terrorizers. I'm a raider, I raid those who raid me, they just completely hate everyone. If any of you hot shot PVPers think you can take them, by all means, go ahead and try. You'll get sick and tired of the BS after about 5 straight days of having to completely rebuild like I did because they hit your base twice a day. We even relocated 4 times.

30 minutes ago, SirNoodleBones said:

but what they are doing isn't PVP, it's virtual terrorism/plain bullying

No, it's not, and comparing playing a videogame to terrorism is incredibly childish. Leave your basement for a while and get some perspective.

30 minutes ago, SirNoodleBones said:

Changing servers would only be a "pick your poison" option, you know more tribes are like this

There are plenty of friendly servers where no-one will touch you.

• Chris locked this topic

Archived