Super OP Tribes

SirNoodleBones

Has anyone else encountered this in a server? Thoughts? Developer help? Rant-

So im in a official dedicated server and have been in this server for awhile now and there is this tribe that is literally the definition of overpowering. These guys are basically video game nazis. This tribe is so powerful that they "control" the entire north of the map and the volcano for sure, maybe some of the other mountains as well. They require everyone who wants to go north, for let's say a mammoth or something, to acquire permission from them, usually through some sort of payment of resources...for 1 ark day. For example, 100 metal ingots = 1 ark day in the north, 200 = 2 days, and so on. If anyone is caught in the north without permission, they are killed on sight, along with any mounts and tames in progress. I have heard that they have even gone as far as "wiping" players from the server by completely destroying everything the players had...continuously until that player(s) left the server.  Many people I know have quit the game all together because of this. TODAY, at least 3 larger tribes completely left the game because of how oppressive this tribe and their allies are. This oppressive tribe seemingly has the goal of "owning" the server for themselves. Just an hour ago, my friend and I watched as members of this tribe patrolled the coasts with their spinos and destroyed every single raft they found. No, they were not raiding, their sole purpose was to destroy everyone's raft. They left the loot where it fell, did not even touch it. They also kill all mounts so they have superiority. I know tribe on tribe and PVP is a part of the game, but tribes like THIS are ruining the game. It's a bit ridiculous honestly. There has to be some way to combat this. My small tribe, mounts, and rafts fell victim to them just now. I honestly don't want to pick the game back up if it's just going to have tribes like this on every server. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, TylerTheDoctor said:

PVP is full of people who do this for fun, not realizing how much time we would've wasted doing the stuff they destroyed. This is why I stay on PVE.

:P Wasted?

Getting my base wiped has always been a learning experience to build one better, scout out new locations, etc.

Think of the first base you ever built. Thatch? Once that's gone, you'll surely skip the thatch next time. A wooden box? Next time you'll add more doors and rooms to make it harder to navigate the base, maybe upgrade to stone.

More on topic, yeah, I've encountered a lot of these tribes. I know of one occasion on server 6 (Xbox) when a tribe called ENCINOMEN wiped a lot of bases in West Zone. We went outside, our stuff was gone, but we noticed that all of our initial suspects were in the same boat. Tribe log confirms.

On the same server, Ciroc Boyz once went on a killing spree on fresh spawns in South Zone. Also, there are certain members of that tribe that began building beside of us. After raiding us 3 or 4 times and us not moving, one of them approached us and said that they respect that we don't give up and that we could coexist. Just a few days later, we were raided again.

Best advice: Level up and try not to provoke them. Then, once you're ready, make some moves. How? That's up to you. Nothing better than giving tribes like that a taste of their own medicine.

Well, they're not OP, they're just the most powerful and agressive. I've heard of this happening, never seen it first hand. If they want the server, give it to them, unless you are interested in trying to fight them. There's plenty of servers where the powerful tribes maintain a peaceful and friendly status quo.

I honestly don't see any problem with this, like at all. If you're in a PvP server you want your tribe to be the top dog. Go check out the tribe forums, the "looking for an alpha tribe" threads far outweigh the "looking for small struggling tribe" thread.

It's not easy to get this much power and resources together and take that much control. I say hats off to them. Sounds like they've played the game and played it well. I know groups of friends that have dropped in server when it's online and have still got wiped out by randoms that banded together to make a tribe. 

This level of organisation is impressive especially if they're so efficient in keeping it. They could be worse, they could refuse anyone access to the north and could be forcing you all to live in a small section of the beach or could be offline raiding you guys all the time.

It gives you a challenge if you want to get something from the north, trying to sneak past the OP tribe that's calling the shots. Sure, it sucks if you're the little guy but like crumplecorn said, you can always move to another server. I think getting a wild card in to sort this out would be unnecessary.

OP, what would you expect be done? They aren't breaking any rules. They've worked for their power and if you want them to lose it someone has to cause them to. The devs can't just take their stuff away from them, that would be stupid. How would you like it if you got to where they were and a dev took it away? Play the game, build up, make allies, hit them.

Redmont:

I honestly don't see any problem with this, like at all. If you're in a PvP server you want your tribe to be the top dog. Go check out the tribe forums, the "looking for an alpha tribe" threads far outweigh the "looking for small struggling tribe" thread.

It's not easy to get this much power and resources together and take that much control. I say hats off to them. Sounds like they've played the game and played it well. I know groups of friends that have dropped in server when it's online and have still got wiped out by randoms that banded together to make a tribe. 

This level of organisation is impressive especially if they're so efficient in keeping it. They could be worse, they could refuse anyone access to the north and could be forcing you all to live in a small section of the beach or could be offline raiding you guys all the time.

It gives you a challenge if you want to get something from the north, trying to sneak past the OP tribe that's calling the shots. Sure, it sucks if you're the little guy but like crumplecorn said, you can always move to another server. I think getting a wild card in to sort this out would be unnecessary.

The problem is there is really no way for new tribes and players to catch up to the tribes that have been there. They have event BP's and items that are super OP that the newer tribes and players can't get because they don't even drop anymore. A lot of balance changes didn't effect the older tribes when they built up too but does effect the newer tribes and players which makes it much harder for new/upcoming tribes.

Another issue is there is absolutely ZERO way to hide pretty much anything required to be able to take on these tribes. The current single world tile map is just too small. It takes 10 minutes to scout the entire map for anything that is a threat to you. Most alphas have every single cave locked up tight too.

We need more world tiles - and a wipe. I'm sorry Wildcard, but it needs to be done. It's a poopty option, but it NEEDS to be done for the long term health of the game.

• Volunteer Moderator

Or, you can go gurerilla on them.  Easy for a bully to be a bully when you don't fight back.

You keep your levels, no matter how often you die, unless you are on hardcore mode.

If all of the tribes that left banded together, you could make them pay for attacking anyone that was in the north.  Heck, it is perfect bait.  Someone volunteers to be the bait, starts a mammoth tame and waits.  Everyone else hides.  When they show up to roll over their target, the others attack; ptera rolls, RPGs, sniper fire, etc.  With the dino nerfs on officals, this should be easier to pull off.  Shoot them down, kill them, and take their stuff.

And, if they are going to counter attack, be ready for it.  Pick one base to defend and sacrafice the rest.  You can even mine your own bases with traps and tripwires and set of the C4 when they are inside; and make sure there is nothing of value in any base.

Make them pay to maintian their rule.  Make them cautious about the next person they try to roll over.  Make them have to grind to maintain their position.

On the flip side, you are not trying to keep a base, or if you do, it is likely a decoy or trap.  You are not trying to keep a pile of resources and tames, and tames you have are traps, loaded with C4.  

And, if you are not trying to build bases, then all of your grinding goes into weapons.  

Spy on them and learn their patterns.  If you find one, exploit it.  Find where they like to gather resources and setup traps.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

The problem is there is really no way for new tribes and players to catch up to the tribes that have been there. They have event BP's and items that are super OP that the newer tribes and players can't get because they don't even drop anymore. A lot of balance changes didn't effect the older tribes when they built up too but does effect the newer tribes and players which makes it much harder for new/upcoming tribes.

Another issue is there is absolutely ZERO way to hide pretty much anything required to be able to take on these tribes. The current single world tile map is just too small. It takes 10 minutes to scout the entire map for anything that is a threat to you. Most alphas have every single cave locked up tight too.

We need more world tiles - and a wipe. I'm sorry Wildcard, but it needs to be done. It's a poopty option, but it NEEDS to be done for the long term health of the game.

Well, I would still like to see the idea of camoflaged supply caches implementet, but you can hide stuff.  You don't have to have everything in a keep.  And, if you can kill them, you can take their stuff.

There is an entire ocean of nooks and crannies.  Hunting the new deep ocen supply drops is hard, even when you know where to look.

I am not for a wipe(unless a server is just dead, no activity) and I don't approve of their tactics, but they are well within the rules of sandbox gameplay.  The secret is to make the tribe play your game.  If you are going to try to beat them with tames and bases, you will lose.  If you make them scared to leave their own base, your chances of winning go way up.

It's happening in player dedicated servers people are abusing uploading dinos and using glitches to advance themselves way ahead of everyone else. Just gave up on a player dedicated server because over night everyone on the map got almost everything dystroyed(not raided) by some new guys that just uploaded characters and high level dinos. We had 28 gigas roaming around on aggressive because of another tribe bringing them in 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Kingjawa7 said:

It's happening in player dedicated servers people are abusing uploading dinos and using glitches to advance themselves way ahead of everyone else. Just gave up on a player dedicated server because over night everyone on the map got almost everything dystroyed(not raided) by some new guys that just uploaded characters and high level dinos. We had 28 gigas roaming around on aggressive because of another tribe bringing them in 

Well, make sure to find a server where uploads are turned off.  We do not allow it on our server and I think most servers do not, and I think most server do turn this off(though I am sure some don't because they think it will bring in new players).

However, the admin should have the option to roll back to an archived save and undo everything, along with banning the new tribe.

1 minute ago, Jerryn said:

Or, you can go gurerilla on them.  Easy for a bully to be a bully when you don't fight back.

You keep your levels, no matter how often you die, unless you are on hardcore mode.

You could, yes.

If all of the tribes that left banded together, you could make them pay for attacking anyone that was in the north.  Heck, it is perfect bait.  Someone volunteers to be the bait, starts a mammoth tame and waits.  Everyone else hides.  When they show up to roll over their target, the others attack; ptera rolls, RPGs, sniper fire, etc.  With the dino nerfs on officals, this should be easier to pull off.  Shoot them down, kill them, and take their stuff.

You can't hide in ARK. Not even in the pitch blackness. Everyone turns their gamma up to max and can see as if it was daylight. What they need to do is reduce render distance when it gets dark, otherwise darkness is 100% absolutely pointless. May as well just remove the day/night cycle.

You aren't going to be able to farm for those RPG's, fab snpiers, etc because you can't actually hide a base advanced enough to keep the power/fab/etc because once again, you can't hide anything in ARK. Not bases, not dinos, nothing. Everything can easily be found pretty quickly, especially if it's big enough to be able to house the things you need to make rpg's and fab'ed equipment.

On the flip side, you are not trying to keep a base, or if you do, it is likely a decoy or trap.  You are not trying to keep a pile of resources and tames, and tames you have are traps, loaded with C4

Again, you're not going to be making C4, you won't have a base big enough to make that stuff for long. It will be found very quickl because again, you can't hide anything in ARK! It's not big enough and it's too easy to find buildings.

1 minute ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Everything can easily be found pretty quickly, especially if it's big enough to be able to house the things you need to make rpg's and fab'ed equipment.

Again, you're not going to be making C4, you won't have a base big enough to make that stuff for long. It will be found very quickl because again, you can't hide anything in ARK! It's not big enough and it's too easy to find buildings.

You can build a 2x2 foundation to put everything you need to make C4 and rockets in. If you can't find a valley or wooded crevice to hide a 2x2 area in then you aren't looking very hard.

He's not saying build a base, he's saying build a crafting station.

All it takes is 4 foundations, a fabricator, a smithy, 1-2 mortars, and 1-2 forges. Hide your storage chests in other locations (in the water, in caves, in remote forests) and only bring supplies to the crafting station when you're ready to craft.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

You could, yes.

You can't hide in ARK. Not even in the pitch blackness. Everyone turns their gamma up to max and can see as if it was daylight. What they need to do is reduce render distance when it gets dark, otherwise darkness is 100% absolutely pointless. May as well just remove the day/night cycle.

You aren't going to be able to farm for those RPG's, fab snpiers, etc because you can't actually hide a base advanced enough to keep the power/fab/etc because once again, you can't hide anything in ARK. Not bases, not dinos, nothing. Everything can easily be found pretty quickly, especially if it's big enough to be able to house the things you need to make rpg's and fab'ed equipment.

You don't need a base to make anything.

Gather your mats, make what you need to make foundations, forges, etc, make stuff until it turns dark, and stop and wait for light to start again(especially with forges).  If enough people work together, you can do this.  

As I said in my post, you are not building a base.  If you are going to try and beat them from a base, you lose.

Again, this is with multiple people working together, though, one can even pull this off a bit.  But, if there are mulitiple people, you you can also work multiple sites.

You also have undersea locations to work and caves.  If you are discover, you feel and/or destroy everything; leave them nothing.  You can use lookouts to watch for them.

You can make metal foundations, find the places they like to mine, destroy the resources and put down the foundations.  Now they have to spend resources to get those resources going again.

You have to think differently and be willing to die.  You have to be willing to have nothing for a while, until either you give up or they give(aka offering a truce).

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, TwoInchPunish3r said:

You can build a 2x2 foundation to put everything you need to make C4 and rockets in. If you can't find a valley or wooded crevice to hide a 2x2 area in then you aren't looking very hard.

All it takes is 4 foundations, a fabricator, a smithy, 1-2 mortars, and 1-2 forges. Hide your storage chests in other locations (in the water, in caves, in remote forests) and only bring supplies to the crafting station when you're ready to craft.

And then destroy your crafting station when done, or turn it into a trap.

28 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

And, if they are going to counter attack, be ready for it.  Pick one base to defend and sacrafice the rest.  You can even mine your own bases with traps and tripwires and set of the C4 when they are inside; and make sure there is nothing of value in any base.

Make them pay to maintian their rule.  Make them cautious about the next person they try to roll over.  Make them have to grind to maintain their position.

On the flip side, you are not trying to keep a base, or if you do, it is likely a decoy or trap.  You are not trying to keep a pile of resources and tames, and tames you have are traps, loaded with C4.  

And, if you are not trying to build bases, then all of your grinding goes into weapons.  

Spy on them and learn their patterns.  If you find one, exploit it.  Find where they like to gather resources and setup traps.

I like the way you think, my friend.

Just now, izanagi00 said:

yes, it's called being sneaky joust. listen to Jerryn. You don't need a full on building to have stuff and you can change the rules to force them to fight a style of war they aren't used to. in other  words, Adapt or Die.

Amen to that, my friend.

18 minutes ago, TwoInchPunish3r said:

Yes and where are you storing the dinos to help you move these items/farm these materials? You moving them vast distances on foot? I mean I appreciate your theory-crafting, it makes it seem so easy, but in reality it doesn't work that way.

Another mechanic that works against the gorilla warfare player is...they know when you log on! Your name shows up right at the top of their screen, so they know when to hunt for you. They can also check who is connected to the server via 3rd party websites. Once again, you can't hide anything in ark. It's fairly clear that you don't actually have the experience to realize what you're trying to propose doesn't really work as well as you think it would in practice. 

6 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

And then destroy your crafting station when done, or turn it into a trap.

Your points are spot on Jerryn. It almost makes me want to jump back into a PvP official. ;)

Speaking of traps, it would be amazing if you were able to dig a 2x2 hole or deeper, and set a proximity/pressure mine at the bottom, then cap it off with a trap door. Minecraft temple style..hehe.

to be fair, i have a little experience to a game similar to this called EVE Online, and while it's a very different game for the most part, it shares the persistent universe, the sandbox game-play and the need to make sure you're somewhere safe when you log off.... although noobs admittedly have zones in that game where they're somewhat safe although people can still gank them... their ship will end up blown to bits as punishment in these zones though.

4 minutes ago, Dost Thou Even Joust? said:

Yes and where are you storing the dinos to help you move these items/farm these materials? You moving them vast distances on foot? I mean I appreciate your theory-crafting, it makes it seem so easy, but in reality it doesn't work that way.

Another mechanic that works against the gorilla warfare player is...they know when you log on! You name shows up right at the top of their screen, so they know when to hunt for you. They can also check who is connected to the server via 3rd party websites. Once again, you can't hide anything in ark. It's fairly clear that you don't actually have the experience to realize what you're trying to propose doesn't really work as well as you think it would in practice. 

The only tames you should have by that point is birds, which can easily be hidden in blown up remains of abandoned bases. And just because they can see you get on doesn't mean that they are paying attention, care enough to look for you, or could find you, anyways.

Good job falling back on trying to insult my experience, though. 

• Chris locked this topic

Archived