SE and the Phoenix. Location discussion.

Ocicat

On 9/4/2017 at 1:01 AM, Garick said:

It was not designed to be a ridable bird. Reflected by its original Dossier. Which is why its stats are as they are, sadly it could have been the BEST shoulder mounted animal but people crying for a god of death and doall ruined it.

it is now designed to be ridable. Patch notes gave an update to the bird. :)

• 5 months later...
On 9/3/2017 at 11:19 PM, Ocicat said:

So just had a super heat hit 752 and try as I might I was unable to locate the phoenix. No one else could confirm a sighting of the little bugger either (or they're keeping quiet). With how short the heatwave seems to be trying to track down this little guy is going to be quite difficult. If anyone has any luck finding one, post a screen shot and a location :)

I know this is a dead thread, but I just found a level 44 phoenix near the building in the southwest part of the dunes. So, the wiki is inaccurate, seems like they can spawn anywhere in the map.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2017 at 12:19 AM, Ocicat said:

So just had a super heat hit 752 and try as I might I was unable to locate the phoenix. No one else could confirm a sighting of the little bugger either (or they're keeping quiet). With how short the heatwave seems to be trying to track down this little guy is going to be quite difficult. If anyone has any luck finding one, post a screen shot and a location :)

Phoenixes can spawn anywhere on the map during a heatwave and turn into a pile of ash when it ends. When the heatwave returns, it'll respawn wherever its ashes fell (usually right below where it was flying when the heatwave ended).

If you find a Phoenix (they fly VERY close to the ceiling), pay attention to where its ashes drop at the end of a heatwave and build a trap over it so next time the heatwave happens, the Phoenix spawns inside your trap.

I also recommend bringing a Fire Wyvern so when it respawns you can just torch it and not take any damage from its fireball.

The phoenix can spawn anywhere on the map.  Its easiest to find when you get a lucky heatwave at night.  More then 1 can spawn in a heatwave.  The phoenix is 1 of only 2 dinos in game that can be truely perfect tamed as in it gains the ful 50%, not 50% -1lvl.  Its best to find it, follow it, and trap it when the heatwave ends.  It will spawn at the exact spot it disappeared at about 5 walls high above the ground.  4 foundations, 20 doorways (No doors) and 1 ceiling will do the job to trap it.  Get 2 firewyverns with at least 1000 stam and take turns draining your stam on it with your fire breath.  Easy TRULY perfect tamed phoenix.

Archived