So whats everyones experience on the new official servers?

JetJaguar

Spent two days looking for a server.

Finally found a server and leveled up a toon.

Got picked up by a pterra and dropped in an enemy box designed with railings inside so you are in a constant state of falling while standing on the overlapped railings  (so unable to consume anything that might kill you)

Logged off.

1 hour ago, BroJob said:

Spent two days looking for a server.

Finally found a server and leveled up a toon.

Got picked up by a pterra and dropped in an enemy box designed with railings inside so you are in a constant state of falling while standing on the overlapped railings  (so unable to consume anything that might kill you)

Logged off.

thats what you get from drinking bong water :D 

Doing great as a hidden solo player, just online raided a 3 man tribe who was already built up to stone when i made my fresh bob on the server. Was griefed by them as i tried to level my entire first day. Now its my 3rd. Had all 3 of em clubbed and drugged on the front porch as i naded through the double door, blew the beds and then piked em. Feels good man.

My servers in that Wild West phase, and i LOVE it. Nobodys got turrets yet from what i can see, no real alphas have risen up yet, everybodys having pissing contests in chat while i grind in the shadows and observe. No constant 225 ping while alphas dupe, no 323 gigas marching around erasing strangers and eating passive tames.  I know the honeymoon will be over soon, but i'm really enjoying myself til it is.

1 minute ago, Dlow1962 said:

so far on the Ps4 the only thing I have experienced is the "server full" notification

thinking about renting one

just curious why rent one and spend the money and the upkeep,  you have to find ppl to go on your server and pay for each slot. why not singleplayer then?  (single player  not so social ok :))

on xbox, servers full but when on it seems a lot better. hardly any lag, rubber banding or freezing.

Joined up with a couple of other small tribes from old server and now got a half decent setup. Everyone grinding and building. makes it a lot easier when there is 8 compared to 2!!!! Got a giga and wyvern to protect and virtually everything we need. just got to build up.

Servers are better (when on)

3 minutes ago, ickleMrG said:

on xbox, servers full but when on it seems a lot better. hardly any lag, rubber banding or freezing.

Joined up with a couple of other small tribes from old server and now got a half decent setup. Everyone grinding and building. makes it a lot easier when there is 8 compared to 2!!!! Got a giga and wyvern to protect and virtually everything we need. just got to build up.

Servers are better (when on)

I noticed this too on xbox. From what little time I spent on a new Ragnarok server, it ran sublime. No lag to speak of and a ping to die for. Although I suspect, give it a couple of months for people  to build large bases and horde lots of dinos and the lag will return. Hope I am wrong. I gave up waiting on the que thpugh lol

Just now, Avaraxius said:

just curious why rent one and spend the money and the upkeep,  you have to find ppl to go on your server and pay for each slot. why not singleplayer then?  (single player  not so social ok :))

I been wearing single player out LOL, there are 8-10 of us who play ARK and other games together regularly, we had been playing on a dedicated PS4 server started by one of the guys , but it had become extremely unstable,  even after a system reset and  downloading the game again we have issues collecting supply drops and picking up our stuff from our corpse if we die....we get kicked back to the main menu .......so we have tried the official servers but finding one with slots for us all isn't working ...........Renting a server with 20 slots for 20 bucks a month is looking like our best option  we are a group of players ranging in age from 55(me) down to 24 yrs old and we live close enough to share the expense 

1 minute ago, Dlow1962 said:

I been wearing single player out LOL, there are 8-10 of us who play ARK and other games together regularly, we had been playing on a dedicated PS4 server started by one of the guys , but it had become extremely unstable,  even after a system reset and  downloading the game again we have issues collecting supply drops and picking up our stuff from our corpse if we die....we get kicked back to the main menu .......so we have tried the official servers but finding one with slots for us all isn't working ...........Renting a server with 20 slots for 20 bucks a month is looking like our best option  we are a group of players ranging in age from 55(me) down to 24 yrs old and we live close enough to share the expense 

ah thats then a great option if you can play together with players you know and defenitly better the the previous then ^^

15 minutes ago, Dlow1962 said:

its just better overall not too hire a server and just go unofficial .. atleast there if u get attacking it doesnt matter becus 10x tames = 1 sec

Archived