trouble getting started

morphias

The PS4 section don't have a general section. I so don't know what I am doing I am on PS4. The controls in options don't help enuff. Like first off how do I even select or activate something like the pick etc. How do I craft? where do I find flint?. I duplicated serverl picks and don't know how I did it. how do I drop extra things I don't need? instead of everything. some help here please.

yeah I found the controller picture I adjusted my border to maximum  like always and I  can see top  but  just bearly L2 to drop item R2 to eat . Also where do I find chintin or what ever its for the blood syringe and whats it for?

oh I wont be getting chitin for a while there bugs that a starting player is way beyond killing. I see there is PVE in ARK how do I play on  PVE with players? oh by playing multiplayer and choosing a PVE server? im just new well the game is new 

On 3.9.2017 at 6:16 AM, morphias said:

The PS4 section don't have a general section. I so don't know what I am doing I am on PS4. The controls in options don't help enuff. Like first off how do I even select or activate something like the pick etc. How do I craft? where do I find flint?. I duplicated serverl picks and don't know how I did it. how do I drop extra things I don't need? instead of everything. some help here please.

oh the cry from a survivor amatuer, harvest bushes until you have 200 black berries and 500 purple knows.. then tame a trike or something stego perhaps.. even an ankyleo.. low lvl and kill just stuff and build a hut too survive then get the higher levels too get better survivability.

First off, I'd like to advice playing on single player until you know what your doing, like Bacon told you all the up there. 

Secondly, even if the game doesn't serve you anything on a silver platter, you can figure out how to and what to do. Every level up will unlock new engrams, and those have a description of what they do. Pick and hatchet for harvesting, spear and pike for combat, clothing for armor, structures for building and so on. 

For me, as a seasoned player, it's easy to give away these tipe. But keep in mind that we all started at some point. Be it a week, a month or two and a half years. 

quick summary I give to all new players - dont die

the start game is pretty simple - stay on the beaches (island/rag) by an obi (SE) - pick up rocks (on the ground) / punch trees / harvest berries and fibre from bushes

GATHER STUFF

that gives you stone/thatch/wood/fibre - make a pick (flint from rocks/thatch from trees/meat from dinos), learn hatchet (wood from trees/stone from rocks/hide from dinos) and campfire (to cook meat)

KEEP GATHERING STUFF

Eat the berries (not the black or white ones) to keep yourself fed until you can make spears to kill dodo's and then cook meat

Eventually make a 2 x 2 thatch foundation house to keep you 'safer' and as soon as you can make a BED (so you always respawn at your house) make a storage box to put things in, chat to players, be nice, avoid anything with sharp teeth (look up any dino guide herbivours = nice, carnivours = you are food... glowy red dinos = RUN AWAY!)

DID I MENTION GATHER STUFF?

P.S. - DO NOT ASK FOR STUFF begging annoys the vets (who for the most part generally are nice and will offer you things as long as you avoid being that guy)

Archived