Dedicated server crashing ps4

I'm having the same issue. No more than 4 players have been on my Ragnarok server, so it can't be a load issue. Mine seems to run fine until between 1pm and 2pm EST (played from about 7am - about 2pm EST on 9/3/17 and 8am - 1:45pm EST on 9/4/17) then the server crashes and will not let anyone join even though the server itself is supposedly up and running.

Same here it's such a pain everybody has rage quit bc of the ds keeps crashing it's your days now and were all thinking about just dropping ark all togethor especially after the whole ragnarok delay and now this I mean how is it fair to the people who but multiple copies of the game just to snatched around and not even get a response I mean my sister bought six ark copies and i got two obviously ds holders spend more so shouldn't they see the same respect you even give us updates with no explaination the whole thing has been a huge pain and don't get me wrong we love the game it's awesome but the crashing is just tedious and overwhelming please wildcard or jat or anybody please help us we want to enjoy playing ark again 

OK, I'm having the same issue, but seriously, give them a break. Games have problems. It's understandable to be frustrated, but give Wild Card some credit. This is a better launch than GTA V Online. And that's from a AAA company. Wild Card is new to the game(no pun intended), and has been doing one hell of a job for a first major release. Anyone remember No Man's Sky? And you guy want to bitch that your PS4 server is down because they are under a DDOS attack? Chill. And ThirtyBears, you should have done some research before buying two copies, and having your sister buy six copies (why is god's name would anyone need six copies?).

52 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

Other games being worse does now solve the issue presented in this thread. Posts like that are pointless.  People are looking for help and "hey this game was worse when it launched" doesn't help much. 

No, but complaining that this is the worst thing ever, and not giving them time to resolve it does not benefit resolving the issue either. Why would you try to defend people complaining that an inconvenience is worth a refund? I'm actually very surprised that you replied to me trying to defend people who work hard on their games, and aren't perfect at it. If you want to be butthurt because you can't play, then be butthurt cause you can't play. But I don't see a reason to start knocking Wild Card because it's not fixed by your standards. Hell, I even stated that this was a reported DDOS attack, meaning Wild Card doesn't even have a part in it not working, but people still want to complain. Have some decency.

I would also like to point out that your post didn't help resolve the issue either.

34 minutes ago, RasereiVirus said:

No, but complaining that this is the worst thing ever, and not giving them time to resolve it does not benefit resolving the issue either. Why would you try to defend people complaining that an inconvenience is worth a refund? I'm actually very surprised that you replied to me trying to defend people who work hard on their games, and aren't perfect at it. If you want to be butthurt because you can't play, then be butthurt cause you can't play. But I don't see a reason to start knocking Wild Card because it's not fixed by your standards. Hell, I even stated that this was a reported DDOS attack, meaning Wild Card doesn't even have a part in it not working, but people still want to complain. Have some decency.

I would also like to point out that your post didn't help resolve the issue either.

It would however be nice for them to at least acknowledge it, let us know what's going on exactly and possibly an eta on a patch (if needed). Also, do you have a link to the reported DDOS?

Just now, Damienlee69 said:

It would however be nice for them to at least acknowledge it, let us know what's going on exactly and possibly an eta on a patch (if needed).

They posted that there was supposed to be a patch last night, but it didn't seem to go through, or was for PC only. I'll admit that I haven't seen any official acknowledgment, but I'm continuing to look. As stated, if this is in fact a DDOS attack, it's really hard for them to provide a patch to prevent that. It's basically a program that sends a bunch of bad requests to the server, and jams it up with bad traffic. That's why you get such unexpected results (random drops, working fine for certain periods, some people able to join while others can't, etc.).  The major players of Wild Card were at PAX this past weekend, which is why you aren't seeing much response. Could also be why it's under attack, because they knew it wouldn't be something they could defend against at the time.

It's been a chore since launch to get WC to acklowdege or help with console dedicateds. They run ok for the most part but they will have connection issues especially if the Sony/Microsoft  network itself is having issues. The bigger problem  that  still has not been fixed is the save files going corrupt resulting in a full wipe. 

7 minutes ago, RasereiVirus said:

They posted that there was supposed to be a patch last night, but it didn't seem to go through, or was for PC only. I'll admit that I haven't seen any official acknowledgment, but I'm continuing to look. As stated, if this is in fact a DDOS attack, it's really hard for them to provide a patch to prevent that. It's basically a program that sends a bunch of bad requests to the server, and jams it up with bad traffic. That's why you get such unexpected results (random drops, working fine for certain periods, some people able to join while others can't, etc.).  The major players of Wild Card were at PAX this past weekend, which is why you aren't seeing much response. Could also be why it's under attack, because they knew it wouldn't be something they could defend against at the time.

Ya, as i posted the other day, I know they were at Pax. I know how ddos works. I'd just like them to give us a bit of info. Was it this "insided" person?? etc.

17 minutes ago, Damienlee69 said:

Ya, as i posted the other day, I know they were at Pax. I know how ddos works. I'd just like them to give us a bit of info. Was it this "insided" person?? etc.

Didn't mean to imply you weren't aware, apologies if it came across that way. Figured I'd post it just in case anyone else viewed the thread and wasn't aware.

I get the feeling the whole 'insided' post may have been someone screwing around with their Twitter account. Apparently nowadays all you need is an internet connection to break into a Twitter account, seeing as everyone is getting 'hacked'.

So, seeing as I can't post a new reply, I'll post it here. The good news is, today looks pretty stable. My server was having issues constantly over the weekend, but has been up for a solid 20 hours now. Hopefully this means the issues are (mostly) resolved.

8 minutes ago, RasereiVirus said:

Didn't mean to imply you weren't aware, apologies if it came across that way. Figured I'd post it just in case anyone else viewed the thread and wasn't aware.

I get the feeling the whole 'insided' post may have been someone screwing around with their Twitter account. Apparently nowadays all you need is an internet connection to break into a Twitter account, seeing as everyone is getting 'hacked'.

Ya, i didn't take it that way, just letting you know. The one thing i'm uncertain of is how them being DDOS'd would affect a personal dedicated..like technically speaking, i'm unsure. Wouldn't it just affect officials? Unless it's Sony being attacked? I dunno..is it just too many people trying to connect at once? We tested it last night and ya, after 9PM central it was running fine.

Archived