Dedicated server crashing ps4

We are experiencing the same issues.

Me and a friend run a player dedicated server and it keeps crashing for no reason, kicks everyone to main menu and will not allow anyone to join.

The console is a regular ps4, 500gb memory, hosting ragnarok, roughly 12 players online.

The crashes are random and the server can run fine anywhere between 1 min to a few hours before crashing.

Each time it crashes it rolls back around 10 minutes

I have a hosted server that has gone down and won't come back up. Others are having the same problem. It appears to be part of a wider DDOS attack on all Ark servers. Earlier it lagged out a couple of my other servers and it is occasionally crashing them. I don't think this is a game bug. People were posting pictures of comments in the servers boasting that they were about to take the server down and then it crashed. This was on official, but it doesn't seem limited to those servers.

One of the devs posted on Twitter that they had been 'insided', so maybe this is a disgruntled employee...who knows. It's just annoying. My wife wanted to play plus with me on our server and now it's stuck in a loop trying to restart.

I'm having this trouble as well. The server will pull up just fine, but it won't let me invite people or join. When it does work, it's only for a little bit until it crashes and I have to refresh it a thousand times to get back in. I've been running a server for about a year and I've never had this problem. 

Its such a shame because Ark is in my top 5 games if not in my top 3 games but every patch breaks something and right now we run a dedicated server off a 2nd ps4 and we have never been able to get a server to run more than 3-4 days EVER and if any of you who run a server for 10+ days to a month 24-7 tell me your secret because I have no idea how that's possible lol but we can manage with this even though I wish we could get it to run that long. What we can't manage with is it crashing every 5min - 1 hour. It makes renting a server appealing but we don't want to pay for that and on top of that the 2nd ps4 would be a waste. I guess for now we can't play until we get an update whenever that will be fixed......I already wish they could be more informative about how to deal with dedicated servers let alone when you can't tell if its a problem on your end or their end.

My PS4 dedicated servers doing it also and it doesn't matter what map were playing on. It lasts maybe an hour then we all get kicked and we get an hour of join failed over and over again.

However it works perfectly late at night and early morning. The last 3 nights we've played well into the morning without a problem. After about 10 p.m. eastern time the problem stops and works fine.

If I had to guess it's probably just too much traffic from the game being officially launched. That's just a guess though

Im having the exact same issue here. 

Only just set up a ded server on my second PS4 for myself and a few mates. 

First time in got on with no problems, got things set up, had myself and a mate playing, ever since then been plagued by problems:

'Join Failed' message

Server runs for a while (can be over an hour) before it crashes and you get roadblocked with 'Join Failed' 

Latest issue is server screen will load fine, but when I go to 'Invite Friends' it does nothing. I reload the server and I can use the invite friends button , invite will send - player accepts and then NOTHING happens, I then cannot press the invite friends button. 

Spent hours last night making sure the NAT type was correct, even put the ps4 to DMZ - still the exact same problems.

I was beginning to think I was the only person with this problem. I'm glad I'm not, Just hope WC come up with a fix or I wont be playing ark much anymore as have reached end game single player. 

15 minutes ago, JHD13 said:

Im having the exact same issue here. 

Only just set up a ded server on my second PS4 for myself and a few mates. 

First time in got on with no problems, got things set up, had myself and a mate playing, ever since then been plagued by problems:

'Join Failed' message

Server runs for a while (can be over an hour) before it crashes and you get roadblocked with 'Join Failed' 

Latest issue is server screen will load fine, but when I go to 'Invite Friends' it does nothing. I reload the server and I can use the invite friends button , invite will send - player accepts and then NOTHING happens, I then cannot press the invite friends button. 

Spent hours last night making sure the NAT type was correct, even put the ps4 to DMZ - still the exact same problems.

I was beginning to think I was the only person with this problem. I'm glad I'm not, Just hope WC come up with a fix or I wont be playing ark much anymore as have reached end game single player. 

Well the good news is when they get their stuff fixed the dedicated server runs pretty well I've been running one for about 8 months and we've only had this type of problem twice and it didn't last too long usually they get it fixed ASAP

6 minutes ago, Ironfistinu said:

Well the good news is when they get their stuff fixed the dedicated server runs pretty well I've been running one for about 8 months and we've only had this type of problem twice and it didn't last too long usually they get it fixed ASAP

Hope so, literally set this server up 48 hours ago and is been like this ever since, non of us want to play anymore.  

Same thing here. I've tweeted at Jat and Survivetheark as well, even JadePlaysGames (Maybe they'll reply to him as he's a youtuber that covers ark). Join failed after being kicked, usually only get a couple of mins in, then bam. I find it odd how the invite button just stopped working without an update to bug it or anything. I wish they would at least acknowledge it and maybe give an eta on a fix. This is not the first time they've had this issue either. I wonder if Crocaduck is right about the "insided" thing? Seeing how most of the devs are at Pax (I think they are still there at least). Ya, could just be the traffic too. Not sure how a dedicated ps4 (with password) is affected by their server traffic, unless it's sonys servers being affected. A simple tweet from the devs would be nice at least. Just have to wait and see..

Archived