100 servers with 5 or less people online (PC)

Ceranai

2 minutes ago, Crumplecorn said:

You are looking at the server browser and seeing servers with 0 players. They have 0 players because no-one joins them. No-one wants to play on an empty server. If people joined empty servers, people would join these servers. There is no difference between an old dead server and a new server. Demolish timers are a thing now. There is no need to destroy the stuff belonging to the few last hangers-on.

Do you even read others people comments. Log onto one of those servers and walk around. Get shot by auto turrets, admire the pillar and foundation spam, then comd back and give a compelling argument to keep them the way they are.

Personal opinions here since you can see from my profile and from a few of my posts that I am a big fan of cleaning up in one form or another. I have a lot of people on my buddy list who are waiting to come back to the game on release.

I also hate that "Player vs Player" has become "Player vs Door" or "Player vs Passive Dino" on many servers, as it defeats the whole idea of the skill, teamwork and tactics involved in challenging your self in a PvP environment.

The only problem with the Suggestion is to put yourself in the position of those players on the 5/70 servers - what is to say that they deserve to have their 8 months of hard work wiped any more than you deserve to have your 5 players work wiped in a 70/70 server? They may have chosen a low population server after being hounded with offline raiding for months on a 70/70.

3 minutes ago, Crumplecorn said:

You are looking at the server browser and seeing servers with 0 players. They have 0 players because no-one joins them. No-one wants to play on an empty server. If people joined empty servers, people would join these servers. There is no difference between an old dead server and a new server. Demolish timers are a thing now. There is no need to destroy the stuff belonging to the few last hangers-on.

Lol no difference, the difference is that they are old servers with no-one playing them. Someone logs on, sees no-one playing and gets bored and leaves. Just the difference between labeling them new and old servers is huge. If the 5-10 people who log onto my server every day and ask 'is this a new server, are there any newer servers?' joined one 'new' server instead of hoping from server to server they would fill up in no time.

1 minute ago, Ceranai said:

Someone logging in once every few days to refresh auto-demolish timers is hardly the same as an active server

It's not the same as a 70/70 server, but someone is maintaining their stranglehold on the server. As someone else said above, why should they, after managing to completely dominate a server, be deleted to make way for someone else?

2 minutes ago, Crumplecorn said:

It's not the same as a 70/70 server, but someone is maintaining their stranglehold on the server. As someone else said above, why should they, after managing to completely dominate a server, be deleted to make way for someone else?

Because one asshat who gets off by strangling a server and keeping it empty of other players is worth less than 70 new/returning players who would actually play on the server?

2 minutes ago, Ceranai said:

Because one asshat who gets off by strangling a server and keeping it empty of other players is worth less than 70 new/returning players who would actually play on the server?

Oh, so you don't like them, so they don't count?

Yeah, it sure would be great if the game worked like that. "Hey devs, delete this guy for me" "Why?" "He's an asshat" "Oh ok lol" <months of work get deleted>.

Yeah, that sounds like a healthy environment.

Sarcasm aside, it is an unfortunate inefficiency that there are physical server resources going unused due to servers being low population for whatever reason. That is true. However, one of the main draws of official servers is that there isn't anyone to pass judgement on how you choose to play the game, and to delete you if you fail to pass said judgement.

9 minutes ago, Crumplecorn said:

Ah, so when you say dead server, you mean server where someone is still keeping their defences online, and you'd like the devs to delete them for you. Ok, gotcha.

Wait for an 18 metal demo timer, you really dont understand this topic. That this has so many views already disproves you thinking no ones interested in these servers in question getting wipe.                                                                             Heres somthing everyone can understand:                               70 people walk into a bar, 10 of those people love the drinks and are happy, the other 60 would like somthing a bit different. Does the bartender keep his menu to keep 10 costomers or does he refresh it to get the 60 back and the potenial walk ins.                                              Its a no brainer concept.

2 minutes ago, Oponn said:

Wait for an 18 metal demo timer, you really dont understand this topic. That this has so many views already disproves you thinking no ones interested in these servers in question getting wipe.                                                                             Heres somthing everyone can understand:                               70 people walk into a bar, 10 of those people love the drinks and are happy, the other 60 would like somthing a bit different. Does the bartender keep his menu to keep 10 costomers or does he refresh it to get the 60 back and the potenial walk ins.                                              Its a no brainer concept.

I think of it more like a self fore-filling prophecy. Empty servers stay empty because no-one wants to play them, if they already had 60 people playing them the other 10 would join to play with the other 60. A recycling would give these dead servers enough public interest to get up to that threshold number

That this has so many views already disproves you thinking no ones interested in these servers in question getting wipe.

First of all it proves nothing, it could be people who like watching crybabies ask the devs to delete their enemies. Second of all, so what if people are interested in getting their enemies deleted? Does that mean the devs should do it?

3 minutes ago, Oponn said:

Its a no brainer concept.

It's a no brainer when you're talking about a night out which is done, well, in a night. As opposed to deleting months of work.

Although I'm sure if you were the guy on a 'dead' server who still played, you'd only be too happy for all your stuff to be deleted to appease other people, right?

Just now, Crumplecorn said:

First of all it proves nothing, it could be people who like watching crybabies ask the devs to delete their enemies. Second of all, so what if people are interested in getting their enemies deleted? Does that mean the devs should do it?

It's a no brainer when you're talking about a night out which is done, well, in a night. As opposed to deleting months of work.

Although I'm sure if you were the guy on a 'dead' server who still played, you'd only be too happy for all your stuff to be deleted to appease other people, right?

Getting a good picture now, he flys majesticly though an empty server dropping pillars and foundations, the silence is music to his ears, the total lack of population excites him.

32 minutes ago, Allcor said:

sounds like you don't know what you are talking about then

Sure, let's listen to people who get raided all the time about how to not get raided. ?

32 minutes ago, Allcor said:

Besides, give people a option how they want to play.

Uh, unofficial servers? The devs (and modders) literally go way out of the way to make it so people can play how they want to play.

Just now, Oponn said:

Getting a good picture now, he flys majesticly though an empty server dropping pillars and foundations, the silence is music to his ears, the total lack of population excites him.

So you're another "I don't like the way he plays, so delete him?".

The subtext of the thread becomes even clearer.

6 minutes ago, Crumplecorn said:

So you're another "I don't like the way he plays, so delete him?".

The subtext of the thread becomes even clearer.

Nope im a person who argues with facts and proof, you just argue in a circular fashion with no proof, only your opinion and no one else chiming in on your defense. You pose no good arguments because you fail to back them up with anything besides anecdotal evidence, you also say their is no demand for this, that in it self makes it blantanly obvious you cant argue this topic.

Nope im a person who argues with facts and proof

You offer no facts or proof. What you actually need is a justification anyway.

you just argue in a circular fashion with no proof

I have nothing to prove. You want to delete a guy. Justify it. You can't.

no one else chiming in on your defense

Are you twelve? "Hurr durr people agree with me they don't agree with you". Please.

you also say their is no demand for this

I don't recall saying that. I'm sure plenty of people would like to see their enemies deleted. So what?

1 minute ago, Crumplecorn said:

You offer no facts or proof. What you actually need is a justification anyway.

I have nothing to prove. You want to delete a guy. Justify it. You can't.

Are you twelve? "Hurr durr people agree with me they don't agree with you". Please.

I don't recall saying that. I'm sure plenty of people would like to see their enemies deleted. So what?

And the wheel still spins, no need to pay you any heed. You cant comprehend half of the comments or you wouldent have posted the above. Because all the information is there. I dont think you even know what this thread is about anymore to be honest, either way good try.

Ceranai great post, wish it would get some dev action but i wont get my hopes up. Crumple thinks we want people wiped but he cant grasp that it isnt the case, what we want is progession and freshness in our game. Leave the one guy alone i have no issue with that, and as crumple was so kind to point out why punish him. In that i agree and maybe the alternative route that should be traveled is new servers like i said before in one of my first posts before this thread got derailed.

18 minutes ago, Crumplecorn said:

Actually I have exposed what this thread was really about, which is good enough for me, so I'm done here. Good day.

This thread was about wanting fresh servers. While you were arguing I was exploring a server which when i joined it had 0 people online. Despite it's emptiness 3/3 of the caves I went to were blocked and there were spike walls around several spawn points as well as half built bases in various places with one massive base I saw. 

That one guy who build that massive base may not want a wipe but aside from that the server seemed like a graveyard.

3 minutes ago, Ceranai said:

This thread was about wanting fresh servers. While you were arguing I was exploring a server which when i joined it had 0 people online. Despite it's emptiness 3/3 of the caves I went to were blocked and there were spike walls around several spawn points as well as half built bases in various places with one massive base I saw. 

That one guy who build that massive base may not want a wipe but aside from that the server seemed like a graveyard.

I salute you for logging into one of those.

Archived