Ragnarok wyvern nests query?

SatansPegasus

I apologise if this as been asked but i cant find it if it has.

So does anyone know if wyvern nests actually exhist on Rag yet atleast on console cause the wyverns i have found but after spending about 3 hours checking every crack an cranny i have not found a single nest.

Also is the ice wyvern on console yet.

Just now, SatansPegasus said:

I apologise if this as been asked but i cant find it if it has.

So does anyone know if wyvern nests actually exhist on Rag yet atleast on console cause the wyverns i have found but after spending about 3 hours checking every crack an cranny i have not found a single nest.

Also is the ice wyvern on console yet.

yes and yes (PS4 player) as far as single and dedicated server are concerned. During the server outage my friend and I played both and found eggs, nests, and ice wyvern's (well he found ice wyvern, I got attacked by an invisible ice wyvern he could see and tame (force tame) but I could not due to some glitch). That to me means they are available on Official. 

Wiped out all the spawns where the ice wyvern is supposed to spawn several times but haven't seen it, or the nests at all.

I've seen all the other wyverns where they're supposed to spawn.

This was on the Xbox One as well. Not checked it out on the PC yet, but i think this might be a console isolated issue.

Why or why does Ark hate me.

I found the trench where the nests should be along with a few wyverns but could not find any nests even though i'm pretty sure that that out of 50 i should of found at least a nest but nope and this was after wiping the area a few times but i cant remember if wioing deletes the nests i hope not or i could of been screwing myself.

I also went to where the ice wyvern should of been or that is according to the official gamepedia wiki page and wiped that a few times an no damn wyvern and i spent about 3 hours flying from where the griffins which i also cant find down the border to the trench and nothing.

I had this same poop with the beavers, procoptodons, and a few others including titanosaur which im not even gonna get into but i'm pretty damn sure they dont exist on single player.

This game hates me i swear but on the up hand i'm damn glad force tamed alphas stay in the game and i hope it stays that way cause my alpha fire wyvern was the only thing i walked away with yesterday while looking for the nests at the cove an considering it killed me with a crap ton of resources and high level gear you bet your arse i force tamed it eventually.

Been playing on pc Rag since day of release almost every day and am server admin on a private server. not once have i seen an alpha wyvern anywhere on the map or on dino lists at transmitter or on ACM. 

Youre complaining about no wyverns i assume you want eggs to raise a baby/wyvern, yet you force tames an Alpha, why not just force spawn a egg/tamed wyvern for the time being, the ice wyverns i used to see quite a few before they changed the spawns now theres 2 on server most of time, though the nests are a pain to find they dont seem to be as much in the open anymore. Sounds to me like if there are so mant dinos missing theres something wrong with youre arkSP, as only dino ive never seen is the alpha wyvern on rag.  GL

17 hours ago, ChunkyMonkey said:

Been playing on pc Rag since day of release almost every day and am server admin on a private server. not once have i seen an alpha wyvern anywhere on the map or on dino lists at transmitter or on ACM. 

Youre complaining about no wyverns i assume you want eggs to raise a baby/wyvern, yet you force tames an Alpha, why not just force spawn a egg/tamed wyvern for the time being, the ice wyverns i used to see quite a few before they changed the spawns now theres 2 on server most of time, though the nests are a pain to find they dont seem to be as much in the open anymore. Sounds to me like if there are so mant dinos missing theres something wrong with youre arkSP, as only dino ive never seen is the alpha wyvern on rag.  GL

If i have to i will but even though im doing it SP and mainly just trying to do a community crunch kinda build i'm still trying to play it as legit as possible or it's just gonna get extremely boring extremely fast even if im only doing a build i still wanna be as legit as possible but if i see an alpha then thats kinda the only time i will tend to flat out cheat.

Anyway i found my Alpha in the cove to the south where the invisible border wall is i was flying around and saw a poison wyvern then i flew closer and all of a sudden wyverns are coming out the water talk about a weird spawn glitch.

2 hours ago, SatansPegasus said:

Still havent seen or found an ice wyvern or its nest i feel like i'm playing a game of wheres wally. but i do have a selection of high level wyvern eggs for fire an lightning wyverns the poison wyvern sucks.

I play on a unofficial rag server and I finally saw a ice wyvern egg and a ice wyvern itself, but the wyvern was bugging out. It was just running into a rock and wasn't even attacking or anything. 

On 9/3/2017 at 5:17 PM, ChunkyMonkey said:

Saw my first alpha wyvern yesterday.  I avoided him like a cat 5 hurricane.

11 hours ago, SatansPegasus said:

Still havent seen or found an ice wyvern or its nest i feel like i'm playing a game of wheres wally. but i do have a selection of high level wyvern eggs for fire an lightning wyverns the poison wyvern sucks.

if you're looking at youtube vids a lot are outdated

You'll only find ice eggs/wyverns in murder snow now. The snowy area to the east, just south below scar. You need fur gear though and wouldn't advise going during night. Called murder snow for a reason lol

35 minutes ago, soulie said:

You'll only find ice eggs/wyverns in murder snow now. The snowy area to the east, just south below scar. You need fur gear though and wouldn't advise going during night. Called murder snow for a reason lol

Lol learned the hard way huh? 

Yeah, the Ice Wyverns can be a pain to find, even more so for their nests and eggs.  I play PC Rag, a private LAN server with my gf and I've had to kill off the Ice Wyverns in Murder Murder Snow area a few times, until a Female finally appeared and had the nests appeared as she did.  One was near the fallen tree trunk on the side of a small cliff, the other was close the biggest ice lake there.  Got lucky and snatched a lvl 240 (we used 8+ mod to raise level cap - but also Call of the Wild for added "fun"). 

I only wish there'd be more Ice Wyvern spawns in MMS area - 2 at a time is lame, as nothing there is "dangerous" once you have the necessary gear / food to survive the cold (although random Purlovia sneak attacks can be annoying).  If they'd spawn like the other Wyverns do in the Cove Area or the Volcano scar (both can spawn 20 to 30+ Wyverns on my server), MMS would be TREACHEROUS as HELL. 

Ok today after a week hunting for an ice wyvern and never seeing 1 this guy invites me to a party and he told me the ice wyverns are bugged on the dedi server for xbox they are invisible. He told me that when you see a nest and there is a box(like when you throw something on the ground) but no egg, you pick up the box and look inside your inventory, there will be nothing there as if you never picked it up. But if you logout and rejoin the game you will see the ice wyvern egg now in your inventory. After hatching the egg use the new ice wyvern to find more ice wyverns and eggs because as soon as you go out of render range of an ice wyvern they will be invisible again. This will also happen to your own ice wyvern if it goes out of render you will have to log off and rejoin whilst its within render range, also whilst flying an ice wyvern you are invisible to enemies if they have not re-logged whilst in render of an ice wyvern and will literally appear out of nowhere when you dismount the dragon in front of them lol :S

Edit: This is also the same for the ice deathworm in the ice cave, they are invisible upon first entering the cave, but if you log out the server and then rejoin whilst you are inside the cave then they go back to normal. This games so broken lol.

On 09/09/2017 at 2:55 AM, soulie said:

That area is just north of my base location. although if your looking at the map it's actually east cause i've settled north of the blue obelisk near a ton of metal resources.

17 hours ago, Patouski said:

Yeah, the Ice Wyverns can be a pain to find, even more so for their nests and eggs.  I play PC Rag, a private LAN server with my gf and I've had to kill off the Ice Wyverns in Murder Murder Snow area a few times, until a Female finally appeared and had the nests appeared as she did.  One was near the fallen tree trunk on the side of a small cliff, the other was close the biggest ice lake there.  Got lucky and snatched a lvl 240 (we used 8+ mod to raise level cap - but also Call of the Wild for added "fun"). 

I only wish there'd be more Ice Wyvern spawns in MMS area - 2 at a time is lame, as nothing there is "dangerous" once you have the necessary gear / food to survive the cold (although random Purlovia sneak attacks can be annoying).  If they'd spawn like the other Wyverns do in the Cove Area or the Volcano scar (both can spawn 20 to 30+ Wyverns on my server), MMS would be TREACHEROUS as HELL. 

I went egg hunting in the scar using my new Megalania and i thought i'll be fine i already killed the wyverns in the scar this will be easy my arse was it easy trying to climb on a meg is irritating af up an down is fine but trying to turn around is awkward so awkward that by the time it took me to check 3 nests the wyverns had respawned and i was not prepared so i did the cowards thing an built a stone hut with a bed an fast traveled out of there leaving my meg to defend for himself.

18 hours ago, SatansPegasus said:

I went egg hunting in the scar using my new Megalania and i thought i'll be fine i already killed the wyverns in the scar this will be easy my arse was it easy trying to climb on a meg is irritating af up an down is fine but trying to turn around is awkward so awkward that by the time it took me to check 3 nests the wyverns had respawned and i was not prepared so i did the cowards thing an built a stone hut with a bed an fast traveled out of there leaving my meg to defend for himself.

You might want to search for your initial Wyvern Eggs with a Ptera instead of a Meg. Ptera's are easy to tame and very expendable. You can use the barrel roll a couple of times if you're being chased by a wyvern to put a little distance between you and it and then lead it to some poor unfortunate wild dinos to distract it and suffer it's wrath while you get away.

7 hours ago, Z0mbie said:

You might want to search for your initial Wyvern Eggs with a Ptera instead of a Meg. Ptera's are easy to tame and very expendable. You can use the barrel roll a couple of times if you're being chased by a wyvern to put a little distance between you and it and then lead it to some poor unfortunate wild dinos to distract it and suffer it's wrath while you get away.

Me using the meg for egg hunting was more of a spare of the moment thing since the megs spawn just outside the scar or trenches as i call it i was curious to test them out. That said i don't know if it's just single player but i can not get an ice wyvern to spawn no matter how many areas i wipe or decimate of life these damn wyverns are gonna be like Titanosaurs and won't spawn for me but i do still wanna test the titanoboa taming using wyvern eggs.

Why is it that consoles have so much trouble with crap not spawning.

Archived