My General Thoughts/Advice ^^

NummNummz

I bought The game In early access So i knew from the get go that like all early access games this one would be filled with delays and glitches or delays like Subnautica or other silly indie games i know that some youtubers i watch have played. So it was no big issue to me. Ive always given patience. for once because despite all the hatred or complaints going around on the web. I only play single player on PS4. by myself. I never play online. so I usually never run into any glitches or problems with the game from day one Ive never really had any issues other than a few minor things here and there. because most issues seem to stem from Servers Ive noticed from reading forums. The only Glitch Ive ever really had was a silly one due on my part because a big update came out around the obelisk sounds back then and i had lost a building. but i didn't care. since usually i use commands for creative use to build things. this game has been a good ride. and although the updates for console do seem to be lacking compared to PC, that usually is expected nowadays because of how the gaming industry is. certain companies wont do certain things. or wont allow certain things. example. how long it took for us ps4 users to get mods for fallout 4 implemented. they did a good job. I can tell they have a passion for games. but do need to focus more on communication with the community as Ive seen so many youtubers (including JadePLAYSGAMES) and people on forums agree. And i strongly agree with that as well. Although i do know their struggles with microsoft and sony could be one hell of a big deal. considering how much stuff is going on right now between the two companies. and legal issues and microsoft not helping their own PC users is a big struggle. And hacking has been a problem for both of the companies for years. So i understand why all this and more takes time. and certain things cant be said. BUT BUT and let me say. Communication is KEY! Listen to the players. listen to the community. and I dont mean every little whim here and there. Cuz there are a lot of people whining these days. but the big things.

1.  Focus on one thing at a time- maybe instead of putting all ur effort into 5 different ideas at once. maybe focus on one thing at a time. before pushing onto something bigger. small changes before the big plunge. gradually make progress.  for example instead of spreading out between dlcs, mods, servers, updates and everything. focus on Fixes for a few weeks. make sure each platform is stable for around a month or two. go solid. then if everything is ok and smooth after 3 months. push out an update for everyone to have the same models. aka the ice wyvern. so everyone is the same. equal. slow. gradual. month by month. very slow. progress and when everyone has the model. a week or two later. update everyone to make sure everyone is running smoothly. no glitches. or messing up. u know?

2. Communication- know when to focus on the complaints. and talk to your players. and know when to ignore whiny kids. also take in positive and negative criticism. as a gaming developer. and a human. positive. and negative. is healthy. because without the negative. you will never know what is going on. but know the difference between negative. and a whining kid. or false complaint. always have that system in balance. because there are those who will take advantage. and just whine. there are people who need your help. but there are also a lot of kids who complain. so know the difference. know real. from fake. and listen. read EVERY WORD. COMMUNICATE.

3. If your going to release something- do not. preview it in the trailer because some people find it as a spoiler. And even more rewarding if they see it for the first time when they find it in game on their own. Also. actually release it when you say your going to release it. dont hype up things Then just dont deliver. because a lot of people will expect you to deliver on that. but if you work on it for a long time in advanced and actually finish it. then dont reveal it in the trailer. release it. and make people go find it. and they see it for the first time on their own. I think that would be an amazing and better reward. less hype. because showing people things in trailers. some people like it. some people dont. i usually dont because its fun to find things for the first time on my own. and thats why movie trailers are so bad these days. they will play over and over. and by the time you have seen the movie the trailer on tv has spoiled all the best parts for you.

4- DO NOT go in the direction most game companies are going NOW - down a fast slope of losing their players. Heres a good one. Important one If you want to keep building this game company you have.  then Do not follow the footsteps that most gaming companies are going in now. Most game companies are changing to a format of mostly online play. not to say your game isn't a lot of online players. but those other companies. like for example GTA V are charging for that online play. charging so much it seems that the players are modding the game so they don't have to play with those prices. other games are going in this direction. Minecraft. is now going to be forcing its players to either buy the new Sony console or Microsoft console just to play its even newer update of the game. because they want people to play online. and getting rid of the old console versions. and many many other games charge or force players to play online or buy stuff they do not need to buy for outrageous prices. and a lot of those companies are losing players like crazy right now. dropping so fast. that's why everyone wants either indie or free content. and that's why everyone was excited for Ragnarok cuz it was fresh. so my advice. if you want to stay successful. make business. but don't be greedy. don't remove options for players to decide. let the players decide. stay original.

And thats all i really have to say. Some friendly advice, my opinions, and more. Hope u all had a great day. Go forth And game! and hope it was worth something!

Archived