Why did you support the game in Early Access?

Korias

9 hours ago, Korias said:

Everyone seems happy for the new expansion.

I dont get it.

Do you people not care about the dino aspect of this game?

Is it really about survival/shooting for most of you? Minecraft and Halo already exist and are better for those aspects.

I bought this in Early Access because it looked like finally we'd have the ultimate "live with dinosaurs game".

Am I totally alone in that? You guys wanted this game to succeed because of... why exactly?

Lol @ Minecraft "survival" being on Ark's level. "Found 3 sheep, GG."

A) I've seen one splash screen ad about New expansion and couldn't care less.

B) Dino aspect of game is fairly important to me, not sure what the problem is?

C) Agreed that Halo is better for fps. Not why i play Ark. (In fact id vastly prefer ark rpg)

D) Yes the survival aspect is a large portion for me, on par with Olde RPGs (for survival tho)

E) I do normally purchase Early Access to support the game but in Ark's case it was already done long before release (maybe not for the elite pvpers).

11 hours ago, GP said:

I was originally interested in ARK because it had dinosaurs.

I continued to be interested and support it because the game is fun and the Dev's are very nice people.

I still do support it because dinosaurs isn't everything, it may have been the original reason that drew my attention, but I let my interests expand just as the game also expands.

Dinosaurs are everything, saying otherwise you get smited by RaptorJesus. :raptor:

12 hours ago, Korias said:

Everyone seems happy for the new expansion.

I dont get it.

Do you people not care about the dino aspect of this game?

Is it really about survival/shooting for most of you? Minecraft and Halo already exist and are better for those aspects.

I bought this in Early Access because it looked like finally we'd have the ultimate "live with dinosaurs game".

Am I totally alone in that? You guys wanted this game to succeed because of... why exactly?

It's never been positioned as "DinoPark Tycoon - Live With Dinosaurs Game"

On 9/2/2017 at 8:01 PM, Oldster said:

C) Agreed that Halo is better for fps. Not why i play Ark. (In fact id vastly prefer ark rpg)

D) Yes the survival aspect is a large portion for me, on par with Olde RPGs (for survival tho)

E) I do normally purchase Early Access to support the game but in Ark's case it was already done long before release (maybe not for the elite pvpers).

How is survival difficult in this game at all? You spend the first hours doing repetitive tasks to level up. Once done, tame a Pteranodon and build a small home of stone or metal. Never worry about survival again. A few hours in to the game, the only point is completionism/roleplay or PvP.

And we all know the stupidity surrounding the PvP system in this game.

In the beginning I wanted ARK to succeed, because I hoped it would the first big dinosaur game on the market and that would encourage AAA companies to make their own dinosaur games. I still dream about a rpg dinosaur game in open world. Something is going in that matter tho, Jurassic World Evolution. Not RPG game I hoped for, but I'd play it gladly.

8 hours ago, Korias said:

How is survival difficult in this game at all? You spend the first hours doing repetitive tasks to level up. Once done, tame a Pteranodon and build a small home of stone or metal. Never worry about survival again. A few hours in to the game, the only point is completionism/roleplay or PvP.

And we all know the stupidity surrounding the PvP system in this game.

Agreed, survival in this game is pretty trivial when playing vanilla. The only real threat is other players. 

On 9/2/2017 at 8:01 PM, Oldster said:

Actually, they're both about the same, death around every corner until you figure out the basics.... Ark, build a stone box, done. Minecraft, build a bed, done.

Survival Sandboxes are never really about the survival aspect, they're about what you can do with the sandbox after early game.

Well the first thing that got me was I am a big Jurassic Park fan.  So the fact it had dinosaurs in it that you could run around and die to, and tame was a plus for me.  Not too mention that the game reminded me a lot of a childhood cartoon I used to watch all the time.   Dino riders.     So I was quickly sold on it.   

Archived