Anyone still playing legacy

Humunculus

Staying on legacy until there is no more legacy even if that means jumping to another legacy server when my current ones time is up (thinking next round as since the official release it has dropped from 35-60 people on at all times to a high point of 12). I already started making building pieces for ease of transfer (30 minute timer still easier then transferring golem/doedic/theri/mammoth, then mining, then creating. 

So yes, I'm still legacy. 

hey guys, bit of a dumb question. Im still playing on my offical seserver butihavent noticed anything different in the server name that it has been designated as a legacy server. ((I know its going to become a legacy server but what do the server names look like for the new servers? Anything identifiable? Im playing on PC if it matters.

5 minutes ago, Geekstuffff said:

hey guys, bit of a dumb question. Im still playing on my offical seserver butihavent noticed anything different in the server name that it has been designated as a legacy server. ((I know its going to become a legacy server but what do the server names look like for the new servers? Anything identifiable? Im playing on PC if it matters.

For PS4 we just have to choose a different designation as far as where to look for the server sort of like switching between looking for dedi servers or unofficial. The main page now displays all the new servers as officials and the remaining legacy servers are their own menu. However you can tag or the game keeps track of the servers you have recently played on and stars and puts them on the main page for you to easily rejoin. 

Word is legacy servers will be reviewed every 3 months and if not at 30 percent capacity, killed. They don't care if you quit. They already have your money. This way they haven't wiped your server perse and it's the players fault. The smart people figured this out a few months ago. Now round 3 with the announcement of yet another new DLC. Are you falling for it yet again?

After playing the new servers and not being able to login to them due to 70/70 then trying my old legacy server I noticed there is a huge gap in performance. New server even with 70/70 has barely any rubberbanding/lag spikes while old server with 25/70 rubberbands frequently and crashes/disconnects randomly.

Note these are both Ragnarok servers so the legacy one should be a relatively new server anyway. Wonder if it's a sign of impending doom for legacy.

7 minutes ago, soulie said:

After playing the new servers and not being able to login to them due to 70/70 then trying my old legacy server I noticed there is a huge gap in performance. New server even with 70/70 has barely any rubberbanding/lag spikes while old server with 25/70 rubberbands frequently and crashes/disconnects randomly.

Note these are both Ragnarok servers so the legacy one should be a relatively new server anyway. Wonder if it's a sign of impending doom for legacy.

You know they are they same servers. I don't think anyone said when they were re-purposing them that they were upgrading any hardware maybe because they have less structures on them they will run a bit smoother. It will be interesting to see how they run when they have got more than just pillars everywhere.

Archived